• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Media Write Error

Ritek Media

I'm still surprised at the disdain for Ritek. I've used 1000's of them with 1% or less problems. Richard

I've used various Ritek media for a number of years. The only time I had any problems was:
. with a very small batch of G04 media - which burned fine but became unreadable shortly thereafter (we're talking about 3 or 4 discs here)
. with all G05 media - which my Sony 510 burner refused to write to under any circumstances. This was clearly a Sony support problem as they could not be bothered offering updated firmware and that very same media burned perfectly in my replacement drive - a Benq. The Benq burns the G04 media perfectly also - as well as everything else I throw at it.

So Webslinger's comment is probably right on - the issue here was most likely an incompatibility between your burner's firmware/write strategy and the media you were using.

. with all G05 media -

Yeah, a lot of burners did not support it well, and even when G05 was supported, there were enough reports of g05 failing in as little as 6 months (sometimes less) to keep me away from it permanently.

Yeah, a lot of burners did not support it well, and even when G05 was supported, there were enough reports of g05 failing in as little as 6 months (sometimes less) to keep me away from it permanently.

Like I said - Ritek G04 media worked great with my Sony 510a burner - G05 media would not work at all. The problem lies squarely with Sony - who could not be bothered to provide updated firmware for the 510a for newer 8x media. They apparently preferred their customers buy new burners - which I did. Of course it was not a Sony - and a Sony burner will never see the inside of one of my computers ever again. And the batch of Ritek G05 media I had burned perfectly in my newer burner at the time (a Benq 1620).

Like I said - Ritek G04 media worked great with my Sony 510a burner - G05 media would not work at all. The problem lies squarely with Sony - who could not be bothered to provide updated firmware for the 510a for newer 8x media. They apparently preferred their customers buy new burners - which I did. Of course it was not a Sony - and a Sony burner will never see the inside of one of my computers ever again. And the batch of Ritek G05 media I had burned perfectly in my newer burner at the time (a Benq 1620).

We're still seeing G05 performing poorly on newer burners:
http://www.cdfreaks.com/reviews/Lite-On-LH-20A1H-DVD-Burner-Review/DVD-R_RW-Writing-Performance.html

G04 had a decent reputation.

Congratulations - you get the last word since you are obviously more stubborn and have more time for this than I do.

I generally am well read on this subject. That wasn't the only burner to perform poorly with G05.

Last edited:
Back