• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

MCE My Movies information display

Sabertooth

Greetings!

I noted that the recent addition of a dvdxml file with DVD folder rips allows Win7 MCE to recognize the title and show the cover thumbnail for movies on my harddrive. Unfortunately that's the only information that shows up and it only shows for the DVD's not for BD's or extracted (tsMuxeR) movies or iso's I have. It's a little less than great but a step in the right direction.

So, I was looking for some software to address the lack of complete information in MCE. And I found a little program called My Movies 4 Collection Management System that seems pretty good (except for an annoying points system for unlocking some extras).

The main functionality of the program is free and it can be setup to monitor your movie storage folder locations so that it updates automatically as you add or remove titles. As the title indicates, it's a management system for your media library. It does this by generating XML files (the dvdxml and a mymovies one) in each movie folder that contains all the information that MCE needs to display complete information in My Movies. It seems to handle folder structure for BD and DVD as well as iso's. I love having all the cover thumbnails, descriptions, cast and crew, etc available in MCE!

The software does require you to setup an account for the purpose of accessing their online movie database and to track the aforementioned points. With the points system, you earn (by submitting information for new movies) or purchase points to unlock some nice but un-necessary extras like fancier MCE My Movies display or adding copy functionality to MCE (it checks for AnyDVD too) or adding custom buttons (that I've seen). The points thing is a bit silly and expensive if you ask me. You receive 4 points for submitting a movie...the cheapest unlock I saw was 500 POINTS! That's a lot of movie submits! To unlock everything you need 2500 points and they'll sell them to you for a whopping $100US! Wow, I'm skipping the extras.

I hate the points but the software otherwise is easy to setup, working well and didn't cost me anything and gives me all the information displayed in MCE. I'm lovin' it.

Are there any other programs like this that folks like better?
Sabertooth

Edit: I guess I should mention I'm using TMT5 as my player in this setup.

Last edited:
Back