• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Maxell BD-R'...how good or bad are they?

MDG84

I saw in the Fry's ad today that Maxell 25 GB BD-R's are going on sale for $19.99 (15 pack). This is a very good price and have never seen BD-R's this cheap before. I was thinking of going and picking them up, but I would like to know beforehand if Maxell BD-R's are any good. How do they rate? Right now I am using Verbatim BD-R's.

I went ahead and bought these as they were only $19.99 at the Fry's closest to me. They were marked $24.99, but they take an extra $5 off at the register. Don't quite want to open them yet until I know if they are good or not.

These discs are good and work in my LG BD370, however I have been having issues with these and Optimum branded discs in my Playstation 3... giving me error codes when movie tries to start. All other branded discs (Memorex and RiData) work just fine. The funny thing is the Maxell are Ritek discs, RiData are Ritek discs, Memorex are Ritek Discs and Optimum are CMG discs. The Maxell and Optimum will not load in PS3. All discs work flawlessly in LG BD370. I am referring to BD25 backups (bit for bit, minus encryption) done with AnyDVD and IMG burn ISOs.

That really sucks then because I have a PS3. Maybe I should just return them then if they will not load in a PS3.

edit: I took a risk and burned a disc at 2x speed using Maxell BD-R's and it does play in my 120GB PS3 Slim. Hopefully I won't be having any trouble with these discs.

Last edited:
Iam using
verbatim
memorex(old lot)
memorex(new lot)
optimum
ritek
philips
panasonic
tdk
sony
ridata

so far memorex old lot whihch is bright blue 1-4x is the worst
i did 5 spindles
3spindles are worthless they did burn and play good by time being its just decorating disc

Iam using
verbatim
memorex(old lot)
memorex(new lot)
optimum
ritek
philips
panasonic
tdk
sony
ridata

so far memorex old lot whihch is bright blue 1-4x is the worst
i did 5 spindles
3spindles are worthless they did burn and play good by time being its just decorating disc
I'm glad I didn't purchase any Memorex brand. I have a few backups of my DVD's on their dual layer DVD's and haven't had any problems with playback (at least not yet), but with that being said I did have A LOT of failed burns with Memorex blank media. This as well as people saying negative things about Memorex blank media across various web sites and forums persuaded me not to buy Memorex. I hope I don't have a problem with Maxell BD-R media in the future.

markjdye Reported problems with his Memorex BR-Rs
I have some of both lots and so far no problems, but I am concerned since I have a lot of back up files on them, Movies and other data, as well as a few cloned discs.

As I said so far no problems, but I would like to know if anyone has had similar issues as markjdye

Back