• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Question Max issue, can't decrypt stream

takmaze

Hello,

I am trying to download some shows through Max (Mexico).

I had a play with the free trial and all the episodes I tested downloaded fine.

After buying the software license, I was able to download one full season of a show just fine. (That was the entire show)

But there are some shows that just give an error saying it can't be decrypted. (Example: What a Cartoon / The Marvelous Misadventures of Flapjack)

Also, because I'd queued up a full season, I lost a good 35 or so downloads out of my quota!!!
Surely if it fails it shouldn't be deducting? It didn't even attempt to download, I was just spammed with error popups and couldn't even empty the queue.
It only stopped because the app crashed.

Also I am unsure how to check the logs like it advises to do, but I've attached them here in case they can help.

Any advice much appreciated!

Attachments

• AnyStream_1.8.8.0.astlog
    477.2 KB · Views: 3
  • AnyStream_1.8.8.0_2.astlog
    477.2 KB · Views: 1
  • AnyStream_1.8.8.0_3.astlog
    482.8 KB · Views: 0
Your quotas will be replaced 1 every 7.30 minutes. You have 500 to start with. If you are using a VPN some are blocked.

Your quotas will be replaced 1 every 7.30 minutes. You have 500 to start with. If you are using a VPN some are blocked.
Do they block on a show-by-show basis?
Some work fine while others just fail immediately. (All on Max, same account, same VPN)
Does the quality/codec selected matter?

I think what you are looking for is not in my region so I cannot test it, maybe you can try a different codec, there are only 2, HEVC and AVC,

Max is only available in the USA Mexico and South America. If they detect your VPN on a series that is not available in that region they will block the VPN. On the hand HBOMax is making changes so be sure you are not using HBOMax.

Max is only available in the USA Mexico and South America. If they detect your VPN on a series that is not available in that region they will block the VPN. On the hand HBOMax is making changes so be sure you are not using HBOMax.
I'm in the UK so neither Max or HBOMax is available here and thus none of these series (even the ones that are working) are available in my area.
Just seems odd that 2 out of the 4 shows I've tried work and the others don't. One of the ones that didn't was only just added to the service so I'm wondering if that's a factor.

I'm in the UK so neither Max or HBOMax is available here and thus none of these series (even the ones that are working) are available in my area.
Just seems odd that 2 out of the 4 shows I've tried work and the others don't. One of the ones that didn't was only just added to the service so I'm wondering if that's a factor.
I suggest you try a different IP on your VPN, VPNs are hit-and-miss. You use them at your own risk.

Worth a shot. I'll finish downloading what's working and then give it a try later. 👍

Enjoy the program, if you have an issue we will do our best to help you.

Was having this issue with gold rush white water (S8E9) last night and earlier today. Now it downloads but only at 720. Every other ep is 1080. Seems like max might be having issues.

Was having this issue with gold rush white water (S8E9) last night and earlier today. Now it downloads but only at 720. Every other ep is 1080. Seems like max might be having issues.
Why dont you start your own thread and please leave a log file? 720p is HD just not FHD.

Help Us Help you
. Please make an AnyStream log file with every error report posted.

1. Look at the GUI of AnyStream.
2. In the upper left-hand corner you will see FILE
3. Press File, and you will see Create log file, create it
4. It is in a .zip format (lastlog) on your desktop or in your documents
5. Upload to the forum with your error report and explanation.

Thank you all for your cooperation.:)

since there are still fhd downloads on other eps and most of the site, its not an anystream issue (imo). Just letting the op know.

Last edited:
Same here, i create a topic yesterday, put my log, and somehow my topic was deleted, i don't know why, problably cdm got revoked, only will work cached keys for old content.

We are looking into it. Fogue you know better than to hijack a thread. Start your thread and post a logfile.

Most of the shows I'm after are old cartoons anyway so I'd be perfectly happy with SD.
(Coming back later and trying the shows that failed before, they all worked now as well 👍)

Last edited:
Max is definitely making changes on their end. Numerous shows with newer episodes are no longer available in 1080p or even 720p depending on the show. The episodes from last week remain available at 1080p.

While they were making changes and I tried to grab an episode at 1080p because AnyStream said it was available at that resolution and I got the "can't decrypt stream" error. I checked on things later to find 1080p was gone as an option and I had been trying to download at 1080p.

Last edited:
Back