• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Marketing 101

Status
Not open for further replies.

DVDguy

As any online retailer will tell you the highest cost of doing business is acquiring new customers. As any accountant will tell you one good way to increase profits is to reduce costs.

And as any marketing person will tell you the best way to acquire customers for an online retailer is word of mouth via social media from happy and loyal customers.

It would appear that Redfox is a group of engineers that doesn't have a good accountant or a good marketing team. They ignored the idea that they could have a host of loyal and happy customers on the Internet selling their products for them. I would gladly pay $30 to upgrade my product suite and become an evangelist for an enlightened group of smart engineers. However, I will not pay over $100 for the same products that I currently own. I find myself turned off by a group of folks who think that greed is the path to riches instead of good will.

Too bad they missed the marketing opportunity of their careers.

I don't wish the firm bad luck but I hope they learn a little marketing for their next venture.

Regards.

Wrong section. Not an anydvd problem. The anydvd sections are reserved for DISC issues. Moved to license.

I'd love to see your proof of this 'bad accountant' theory. Oh wait, you don't have any.

They ignored the idea that they could have a host of loyal and happy customers on the Internet selling their products for them.

Actually, the amount of happy (or slightly annoyed) customers exponentially exceeds the truly disgruntled and suspicious types.
They won't need a "next venture" - especially without the middle man.

-W

As any online retailer will tell you the highest cost of doing business is acquiring new customers. As any accountant will tell you one good way to increase profits is to reduce costs.
Wrong again....restarting a business from "0" is the highest cost of doing business maybe if you got real Business 101 then you know this.

And as any marketing person will tell you the best way to acquire customers for an online retailer is word of mouth via social media from happy and loyal customers.
The software existed itself before any other software came to market - was the only reason why user could backup their Movies. So not sure what your talking about when nothing existed before that could do what this software could do that other program used it to be able to do their own backup.

It would appear that Redfox is a group of engineers that doesn't have a good accountant or a good marketing team. They ignored the idea that they could have a host of loyal and happy customers on the Internet selling their products for them. I would gladly pay $30 to upgrade my product suite and become an evangelist for an enlightened group of smart engineers. However, I will not pay over $100 for the same products that I currently own. I find myself turned off by a group of folks who think that greed is the path to riches instead of good will.
You know no one said you had to buy you could use your Slysoft version but no more access to the OPD database to decrypt new media. So you have your choice or go to another software company. This line of Rants has gone on long enough and threads were closed because of these comments. This might end up that route as well.

To bad you refused to read the news as to why things happen the way they did - that is the biggest missed opportunity you failed to read up to better your knowledge here.

I don't wish the firm bad luck but I hope they learn a little marketing for their next venture.

Regards.
Unfortunately your comments would say otherwise.

Regards.

You may have an understanding of marketing but may not have one on basic business practices. An organization needs to collect a certain amount of funds in order to keep going, pay employees, pay for equipment, pay for web services, etc. I have faith, given how the team has reacted to date, that they set pricing structures based on what the organization will need vs. expected client base. What you or others think something is worth may not meet the needed criteria to keep the business model going.

Well, we've had the "legal experts." Here come the "financial experts." It's The Internet, where everyone is an expert!

Here we go again, this could be a record breaking day for thread closures...:sleep:

Alright, this thing has served its purpose. The team behind redfox are skilled and know everything they need to know to make the best decisions for the future of the project. Time to lock this up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back