• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

macOS Anystream

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are paying pennies for the videos that you download.

Yes and they pay less then that to stream or send you a digital copy of something made once that they typically themselves don't make. So if your idea of piracy is based on a value proposition then I think you are incorrect and that is my personal opinion.

Also, no one is mad at you. But if you walked into a huge group of folks who really loved knives and declared how you thought knives should be illegal do you think they might feel a certain way about that?

No one here that I am aware of is a pirate. We are collectors. We do not seek to redistribute but to have and enjoy.

It's my personal Opinion on why I don't purchase anystream. Why do you get mad at me?

You are paying pennies for the videos that you download. You are also purchasing a right to play on these streaming services. Not to own a physical copy that you download.

I purchased a physical copy of the disc to use whenever i want. I use anydvd to backup the physical disc so that if the disc should get damaged I have something to fall back on. I also paid a charge for the disc that the studios believe is a fair price for me to use the disc whenever I want for my own personal use.

Actors, directors, and other people who participated in the movies should be compensated for the efforts that they provide in creating a movie or series. I believe that by buying a physical disc, that I am compensating them for their efforts. Paying $5 to $12 a month to a service from which you download a large number of videos does not seem to be fair compensation to me. I have bought the same movies a number of times on VHS, DVD, Bluray and now UHD.

In regard to the DMCA, it has never been tested in court in regard to backing up a disc. In the 90's when people copied vhs tapes, the U.S. supreme court determined that people who copied purchased VHS tapes for backup purposes had a right to make a backup of that tape. That ruling still holds until it is tested in all the courts.

I'm not mad at you. You're just wrong. Plus, you're making a lot of assumptions about the people here. My Blu-ray/DVD collection spans over 5,000 discs. I'm no "pirate."

I'm not mad at you. You're just wrong. Plus, you're making a lot of assumptions about the people here. My Blu-ray/DVD collection spans over 5,000 discs. I'm no "pirate."
You're very defensive. I was asked why I don't buy anystream and I stated why I don't. I think it is time to move on.

I own a license, and have tried running in a Windows VM on UnRaid docker. Please point me to the instructions to run this correctly.

Which VM are you using on UnRaid? QEMU? Docker ist not a virtual machine, it's a container. WIndows will run in a Docker container only, if host is running on WIndows. Here how to setup a Windows VM on UnRaid host:
https://wiki.unraid.net/Manual/VM_Guest_Support#Microsoft_Windows

The reason why AnyStream trial version not works on a VM is simple. Too many people abused this by re-installing the VM and apply for a new trial period, so we decided to check for VM environment before applying for a trial license . A licensed version should and will work in a VM or with Wine.

You're very defensive. I was asked why I don't buy anystream and I stated why I don't. I think it is time to move on.

I'm not defensive at all. How does responding to you make me defensive? It sounds you like just want be able to spout off and have everyone else shut up and listen. That's not how discourse works.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back