• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

M11x

dmoyers

I will give all the details at at later time. Just in short, I bought mt step-son a Alienware M11x for Christmas. I spent about a week setting it all up and had Halo 2 and Halo Combat Evolved running with GJ. Imaged the drive back-up. This is my first time using this software and it took a few tries and an a few different routes but I had it all up and running without the external dvd drive. Now, it doesn't work. I get a splash screen saying that GJ is deactivated. This are really the only two games that I need since I discovered Steam, but he really wants this to run and I don't to strap a external to every time. My only thoughts were that I installed MS Security Essentials; first time using this. Maybe this caused the issues? Thoughts?

I too am having similar trouble with my M11x running GameJackal. Also using Windows Security Essentials. I have no problems at all when I use GameJackal on my desktop, so perhaps it's something with the external DVD drive. I haven't tried either of those Halo titles so I can't offer my opinion about that, but right now I can't get any game to work on the M11x running GameJackal.

The most annoying part is that I was using a cracked version on the M11x with NO PROBLEMS, but felt obligated to buy the product. Now the legitimate version is giving me trouble!

Let me know if you figure anything out!

Could elaborate on the virtual drive. I thought this was the reason for GJ so that you didn't need a drive. If understand the virtual drive method--install virtual drive which assigns a drive letter > make a .iso image of the game disk > mount the .iso to the drive. In fact, this what I was about to try. So please lead me; I'm not getting anywhere with GJ and have already purchased it. What software do you use to make the image of the game? Thanks so much in advance...

Well, I think I found part of the problem. As stated above, GJ will work fine until I unplug the external drive. So I'm in the process of creating a .iso image of the cd. Then i'm guessing mount the image using virtual clone drive. So I wasted my money buying GJ. Correct? The only reason I didn't use the trial version was years of success with Slysoft software and the discount/lifetime before the 1st of the year. I'm sorry to say this but with streaming video and portals like Steam. I hope Slysoft has a new trick up their sleeve.

Sorry for the rant. I still love you Slysoft! Just frustrated that I cannot find a workaround. I've tried many different ways with no success to get Halo2 and Halo Combat Evolved to work without the disk. It works fine as long as I keep the external hard drive plugged in. Just shooting in the dark--I installed Virtual CloneDrive but it didn't help. It was assigned the same drive letter as the external that did the install? I'm open for suggestions. Maybe we are not quite ready to do without a internal cd/dvd drive.

This is not a GJ problem, windows removes the CD/DVD driver stack when the drive is unplugged. By installing a virtual drive, the stack is no longer removed (fyi - you don't need an iso, and using an iso with a virtual drive will not work, copy protections are too smart for that.).

If you are having issues with the virtual drive installled, then this is a different problem. It maybe worth trying a different virtual drive (there are many free ones around).

Thanks Matthew for your reply! I'm still stumped and haven't found any solution to GJ work. Lets just call it a donation from a early adopter of Slysoft software. with the virtual drive installed I'm still required to use an external to try and create a "profile". Afterwards, external disconnected I believe that its looking for that drive letter and really doesn't car about the virtual drive. I know that there's many Alienware M11x users out there. I guess I need tho head torwards their forum to see what's recommended. It must also be noted that I started a support ticket but have to be acknowledged (12/27/2010). I guess the holidays has them bogged down. At this point "Steam" is good and MS Live is just okay, but it's keeping us playing.

Does GJ activate the profile when using the virtual drive only?

Also can you PM me your support ticket number, I'll take a look.

Back