• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Lost, Season 6

apark2005

AnyDVD HD (just upgraded to 8.0.7.0) is having issues with Lost Season 6 - the only disc I can get to work is Disc 4. All others are failing to read. I have tried cleaning the discs, which play fine in my bluray player, and I have verified that my drive is set to the correct region. I've attached the log file as well as a screenshot of the error that pops up. I've never had any issues with any discs before (I already have Lost seasons 1-5 done on top of many others), so I'm hoping someone can help me out. I've seen another thread referring to issues with this season, but I didn't see any resolution.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.0.7.0_Info_E_LO60NNT1.ziplog
    460 KB · Views: 4
  • anydvderror.jpg
    anydvderror.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 7
HP CDDVDW SH-216DB HH20 0721EFC004Q7
Drive (Hardware) Region: 0 (not set!)

Video DVD (or CD) label: LO60NNT1
Media is CSS protected!

You need to set your drive hardware region or AnyDVD may encounter issues like yours on CSS protected discs. To do so, EXIT anydvd COMPLETELY. The fox tray icon can NOT be running! Then go into windows device manager and set the drives region. If that still doesn't work, new logfile.

You need to set your drive hardware region or AnyDVD may encounter issues like yours on CSS protected discs. To do so, EXIT anydvd COMPLETELY. The fox tray icon can NOT be running! Then go into windows device manager and set the drives region. If that still doesn't work, new logfile.

Seems to have worked...not sure why my region wasn't set. Would that happen if I tried to copy a Region 2 DVD? I copied one about a month ago, but I never changed any setting in my device settings. AnyDVD just recognized it and read it.

nevermind...a little google search answered my question.

Last edited by a moderator:
Please do not double posts. Use the edit link below your post instead. Posts merged.

Drive regions are NEVER set from the moment you buy the device. Now as to what would happen? That depends on the playback device. If it supports PAL format, playback as normal. If it doesn't either no video, no sound, b&w video,... The thing with an unset region is that it's the same as having the wrong region set. AnyDVD then attempts to bruteforce crack the CSS keys. This may work, it may not. You just finally landed in a situation where it didn't work. It's not a matter of IF it will happen with an unset region, but a matter of WHEN.

Back