Loss of DVD Drive functionality

Discussion in 'AnyDVD HD (DVD issues)' started by Realmryder, Jun 8, 2007.

1. Realmryder

Realmryder New Member

Has anyone had any problems with the DVD drive being disabled after running 6.1.6.0? I upgraded and the first disk I tried ripping got about half way through and hung. Now I can't get any dvd drive to work and I've tried three. Two Pioneer and one Sony. The bad thing is it isn't just dvds that have the problem the drive gives a drive not accessible, incorrect function error. Any ideas on how to regain drive access would be appreciated. The Pioneer drives are DVR112D and DVR109. The Sony is a DRU530A. The problem started with the 112D which doesn't appear to spin up any more. Have tried uninstalling and re-installing AnyDVD to no avail.

2. Webslinger

Webslinger Retired Moderator

a) Keep your license key file backed up safely
    b) Uninstall Anydvd (start-->all programs-->Slysoft--->Anydvd-->Uninstall)
    c) Reboot

Now do your drives work?

3. Tiscon

Tiscon New Member

I have had this same problem and have tried uninstalling - and still the drives couldn't retrieve the files on any disc (even though it did say how must used disc space there was on each disc) just asked me if I wanted to prepare this blank disc. :confused:

I then reinstalled AnyDVD still no change.

The only way I could get the drives to see the discs normally was to uninstall AnyDVD then do a System Restore to before I installed it.

I am using Vista Premium (with all windows updates)

TSST corp CD DVDW SH-S182D ATA Device
    Lite-on DVDRW LH-20A1H ATA Device
    Sony iLINK DRIVE IEEE SBP2 Device

I do hope you can help sort this problem as it is a real pain - Thanks in advance Tiscon

4. Webslinger

Webslinger Retired Moderator

5. Tiscon

Tiscon New Member

I have followed the instructions and disabled all security settings - then reinstalled AnyDVD rebooted then reactivated all security and at the moment all is working fine.

Thank you :clap: Tiscon