• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Looking for a new BD drive...

kep1a

I'm looking at BD drives and wonder if there is a quick way to tell if a refurbished drive is Cinavia enabled or not.

I'm looking at this one as it seems to be a good drive but don't want a drive with cinavia enabled.
LG Blu Ray Burner Writer - BH10LS30 - Lightscribe - 10x BD Burner, 16x DVD Write.

Is there a list of drives to look for?

Any best choices or drives to look for?

Anyone have any helpful recommendations I should follow?

I see the list of drives with issues but no list of best choices.... Hmmm?

Thanks for any help!

Computer drives whichever model or brand don't have cinavia detection. There's no room in the hardware for the extra hardware components. On a PC cinavia detection is done at the software player level.

That said why would you want to buy a second hand unit that's 3 versions behind, a new bh16ns40 is like $100.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 7 met Tapatalk

I found one for $40 free shipping and read that the 30 does not support bus encryption or Cinavia. I was just trying to avoid any issues with the newer hardware and save a buck is all. I read that the 39 and 40 both have bus encryption and will put the Cinavia on your copied disc and render it unplayable. I was under the impression that the drive had to see Cinavia to copy it, or is it a BD player issue only as all drives copy the Cinavia over to the new disc? I have a very very old drive that is dieing and figured I would get a burner this time is all.

Does the 30 do 3D with update 1.01 or higher? I have power DVD 14 so it should do 3d over HDMI correct?

As I said, computer drives don't have cinavia. No matter the model or the brand. It's done at the software player level. The cinavia detection for a drive point affects standalone units you connect to your TV.

Bus encryption has absolutely nothing to do with cinavia, it's a matter of creating a 'secure' communication between the drive and the OS.

The drive doesn't see cinavia at all, all it sees are digital 1's and 0's. To put it simple, cinavia checks if the disc is encrypted (aacs, etc...) It if isn't, it tells the player to mute the sound. Bus encryption or the model/brand doesn't come into play.

Cinavia detection is only added to standalone units, they've got the room for it. PC drives don't, which is why for computers is done at the SOFTWARE PLAYER (like powerdvd) level.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 7 met Tapatalk

The same goes for 3D. All PC Blu-ray players can play back 3D discs, it's down to the software that you use on whether it plays back in 3D or not.

Thanks for your help knowledge and expertise in this matter!

Np's glad we were able to help.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 5 met Tapatalk

Back