• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Looking at 2 programs [dvdfab and anydvd]

al4x

i have both installed atm on trial, and am trying to figure which is best

for the most part i find fab to be easier, it allows me to remove copy protection and downsize to bd25 AND just take the title i want [tho im not always sure of the title i want!] all in one neat package, the only problem is, it sometimes has issues with some Blurays with im guessing + protection

on the other hand Anydvd works everytime but does not have the simple UI and extra functionality that fab does, and im not used to this enough to be able to 'remove' just the parts of the blu ray i want

ideally id want a program which rips out everything but the main movie and leaves the menu, but i can survive with just the main movie being left

I know here will have bias for anydvd but i am deciding which one to go for properly as i want to keep shrunk Blu rays on my PC

If you only want the main movie. I'd go for AnyDVD (beats the shit out of DVDFab anyway), and rebuild the disc in movie only mode with BD-Rebuilder(can shrink BD's too btw). Perfect combination

Right now DVDFab might be more simple in that using the single program you can compress to BD-25 but I believe that looking at Slysoft's track record should speak for itself. Were I to find myself needing to purchase one of the programs right now the choice I would make would be AnyDVD HD and use other freeware products. I've been using the program since long before I was ever a Moderator here. Slysoft is an innovator and pioneered handling the Blu-ray protections in seemingly and seamless process while, in fact, the programming required to accomplish the task is anything but simple.

In the end, use both products and decide which is the better fit for your usage.

I find it strange that DVDFab can't compress BD50 to BD25 with menus intact while the freeware BDRebuilder can. DVDFab won't let you choose the compression method so although it runs faster than BDRebuilder, the output quality is just not as good especially for downsizing to BD5. DVDFab can't compress interlace material too. But BDRebuilder is not perfect as it is not a complete package which needs you to stick with an older version of ffdshow. So for now I would use Anydvdhd with BDRebuilder and wish Slysoft can release their CloneBD soon.

Last edited:
Then there's forum community support. You couldn't even ask the question you're asking now in Fabs forum as it would require mentioning AnyDVD (which is a no, no over there).

Anyways, AnyDVD (and it's high def variant) was never meant to be an "all in one" tool, a swiss army knife for video reauthoring if you will. It was meant to do one thing and do it extremely well. The convenience features that are in there (rip to iso, folder, etc) are only there because Slysoft listens to thier customers and will give consideration to customer request (reasonable or not, case in point, bending over backwards to fix glitches with virtual machine when it's clearly stated that AnyDVD doesn't support virtual environments).

Ultimately, it's up to you since it's your cash. For me, no other software does what AnyDVD does with the proficiency that it does it.

I find it strange that DVDFab can't compress BD50 to BD25 with menus intact while the freeware BDRebuilder can. DVDFab won't let you choose the compression method so although it runs faster than BDRebuilder, the output quality is just not as good especially for downsizing to BD5. DVDFab can't compress interlace material too. But BDRebuilder is not perfect as it is not a complete package which needs you to stick with an older version of ffdshow. So for now I would use Anydvdhd with BDRebuilder and wish Slysoft can release their CloneBD soon.

hold on, DBRebuilder can keep the menus but remove anything i dont want?

No it can't, it can shrink the whole disc keeping everything or make a movie only disc

Check out the other posts, on this forum, about DVD Fab and the problems it causes puting it on your computer, and taking it off your computer. Here are a few:

1. fab7 payware version as compaired to their freeware version, freeware version lacks some of the latest procedures that the payware version has.

2. 13.6 mb download for a dial-up connection takes a long time. Requires you to download the entire program not just the parts you need.

3. 20 minutes to do a clean install, they have folders and files spread all over your computer including hard drive and registry and hidden locations. Then close to an hour for downloading the latest update.

4. Very slow in keeping up with the new releases of DVD's. And in the past they had problems with BD+ and maybe still do.

5. By default DVDfab products turn on "Data Execution Prevention" (eat-up resources) and you have to manually turn off data execution prevention.

I think you will find AnyDVD HD is rated number 1, and is world known, tested over and over by business people, DVD fans, hackers, and is used as the role model, user friendly, great support, and with the lifetime membership the only way to go from my viewpoint.

:agree:

Last edited by a moderator:
If you basically want to do a back up now go with anydvd it has a good track record to stay on top of the latest that is thrown out there on protections. You might get an all in one with the other product but all in ones aren't always the best to go as they usually have a lot more bugs and issues as there is too much in one program it'll hardly ever be right.

hold on, DBRebuilder can keep the menus but remove anything i dont want?

Normally I will remove all unwanted languages and subtitles. You can choose to keep HD audio or not. I see there is a Preview this item/Blank this item right click menu for all the streams but that Blank this item button is grey out so may be that is possible in the future.

so you cant just keep the main movie and the menu?

i cant keep the whole disc, it can be 50GB, where as with just the main movie and one audio track its usually between 20-30GB

Then if you're only intending to keep the main movie why bother with keeping the menu?

Then if you're only intending to keep the main movie why bother with keeping the menu?

i find it useful cause i set the thing going [on the computer] then sit down other side of the room and just press play, i dont want the film to just start

besides, i like the menus lol

so you cant just keep the main movie and the menu?

i cant keep the whole disc, it can be 50GB, where as with just the main movie and one audio track its usually between 20-30GB

The beauty of BDRebuilder is that it is the only program so far to compress the whole BD50 disc down to fit a BD25 with minimal quality lost and keeps all the menus and HD audio. Don't know if that is what you want.

The beauty of BDRebuilder is that it is the only program so far to compress the whole BD50 disc down to fit a BD25 with minimal quality lost and keeps all the menus and HD audio. Don't know if that is what you want.

not really, cause if i can get a whole BD50 down to a 25 with all the bits left in then with just the main mnovie i can probably get it down to half that and thus save half the cost on HDDs

as im not concerned with actual discs, the actual size [ie over or under 25GB isnt an issue, i just want the smallest size with no noticable quality loss in sound or picture

DVDFAB is the best

i have both installed atm on trial, and am trying to figure which is best

for the most part i find fab to be easier, it allows me to remove copy protection and downsize to bd25 AND just take the title i want [tho im not always sure of the title i want!] all in one neat package, the only problem is, it sometimes has issues with some Blurays with im guessing + protection

on the other hand Anydvd works everytime but does not have the simple UI and extra functionality that fab does, and im not used to this enough to be able to 'remove' just the parts of the blu ray i want

ideally id want a program which rips out everything but the main movie and leaves the menu, but i can survive with just the main movie being left

I know here will have bias for anydvd but i am deciding which one to go for properly as i want to keep shrunk Blu rays on my PC
I have bought several (including anydvd) that didn't work. n 2010 I purchasesed dvdfab 8qt. Since, I have perfectly coppied(like orriginal) Blu-rays & Dvd's. I made well over 200 copies from redbox & netflix. Saving thousands. Nowadays you can't purchase the same DvdFab anymore. You can only purchase a U.S. version in united States which doesn't work.

Other Backing Up Programs

Many different opinions on that subject.

I have life time licences for AnyDVDHD, CloneDVD (Slysoft version) DVDFab, Clone DVD from the other CloneDVD producer 'X' or whatever they are called.

My personal experience based on backing up one heck of a lot of DVD's is that AnyDVDHD will usually back up most BD/DVD's, always before DVDFab.

Only time i have occasions to use anything else is if i am backing up a serial DVD, i.e. TV series which for some bizarre reason both programs often struggle on (or did,not done any for about 12 months or so)

In that instance I use the other CloneDVD which has never failed to back up a serial DVD.

May be one of the programmers may know the reason for that one.

Set off with CloneDVD around 2006, never having come accross the others. added DVDFab to the collection when cloneDVD failed to do a backup and added AnyDVDHD when that failed.

As there are many free writing programs i.e. Imageburn Iwould personally say purchase AnyDVDHD as the program of choice, it will certainly work around 98% of the time.

I have bought several (including anydvd) that didn't work. n 2010 I purchasesed dvdfab 8qt. Since, I have perfectly coppied(like orriginal) Blu-rays & Dvd's. I made well over 200 copies from redbox & netflix. Saving thousands. Nowadays you can't purchase the same DvdFab anymore. You can only purchase a U.S. version in united States which doesn't work.

Get an account with a VPN service that offers foreign servers, especially in Southeast Asia, like Hong Kong. Log into DVDFab's site through that VPN server (Hong Kong). You will be able to download the non-US version of DVDFab that you want. That's how I get it. I don't know if your v8 key is good for v9.

az_raiden

Back