Locking profiles

Discussion in 'GameJackal' started by matthew, Nov 1, 2007.

?

Add automatic locking of profiles to Game Jackal

Poll closed Nov 15, 2007.
  1. Yes

5 vote(s)
    83.3%
  2. No

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  1. matthew

matthew SlySoft Team Member

Should Game Jackal automatically lock a profile after it's been created?
    Please vote and let us know.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2007
  2. Webslinger

Webslinger Retired Moderator

I wish Game Jackal would, but only provided the profile actually works (and I'd imagine that would be pretty hard to program).

How about after creating a profile, Game Jackal automatically asks whether you would like to lock the profile or not? That would give users a choice at least.

Just a suggestion . . .

Last edited: Nov 1, 2007
  3. Kilgore87

Kilgore87 Well-Known Member

i think webslingers suggestion is spot on. all my profiles are locked (just in case game jackal ever decides to read a random disk in my drive when i click on a profile). having a notification come up to ask whether the profile should be locked or not would be great.

4. Paddy2007

Paddy2007 Member

I use GJ at the kids machine. The discs are most of the time tucked away safely. But time from time the kids (9 and 6) manage to get hold of a disc and use it to play the game that messes with the previously made GJ profile.

So I would like to be able to lock a profile to prevent accidental damage to it.

5. matthew

matthew SlySoft Team Member

You can lock them already ;) Right-click the profile in question and select "lock profile". This poll is to determine if GJ should do this by default.

6. Number99

Number99 Member

Hmm, I´d like an explanation on what it means to lock a profile?:confused: