• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

LiteOn 20A1h

Rico

Hi Guys,

I installed the LiteOn as a (slave) drive, on my secondary IDE cable, the other drive on the secondary (master) is a Plextor 760A, both drives report Ultra DMA 4.

I use the LiteOn for the rip & the Plextor for the burn. My thinking is/was the LiteOn would give speedy reads (no rip-lock), & nice burns using the Plextor. I also use DVDnextCopy's two burner option.

Sometimes on movies, the LiteOn will rip a movie in 7min. other times its 37 min. when I get a 7 min rip the LiteON is fairly loud & the 30+ min reads the drive is quiet. I've tried ANYdvd drive at "fast & noisy" & the burner default. The AnyDVD setting does not seem to work or have an effect on rip speed. Is there something I'm missing, in order to get more consistent "rip" speeds? Also when I get the 7 min. rips, I never get DNC's movie preview, during the rip.

Thanks
Rico

When comparing the "rip" times, an important and often neglected "factor" is the overall length of the content and how much of the "ripped" material is on Layer one and Layer two. My Liteon is a bit slower on the 2nd Layer than it is on the first - it gradually gets better if the contents are very large. DVD "pressed" quality will also be a factor that would be difficult to qualtify and is the media is somewhat marginal will cause the drives to default to a lower read speed (the quite time) -v- the higher read speed (the loud time).

Last edited:
What G-Omaha said...........and Lite-On drives do tend to be a little noisy.

Back