• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Lite-On BD-ROM Drive Hits Retail for $199

Octavean

Good news for American Blu-ray fans. Philips & Lite-On Digital Solutions (PLDS) USA has announced that the DH-4O1S Blu-ray BD-ROM SATA drive will be available through retail outlets in the U.S. in late November at a suggested list price of $199.99. The new Lite-On DH-4O1S is the perfect all-in-one disc reading device for most popular media formats including Blu-ray Disc, DVD and CD discs. It reads BD-R/RE/ROM, Single-layer or Double-layer media at 4X maximum. Single Layer DVD ±R or DVD-ROM can be read at 12X max, while Double Layer DVD±R and Single Layer DVD±RW can be read at 8X max. CD-R/RW/ROM has a maximum read speed of 32X. The DH-4O1S BD-ROM retail pack comes with an extra silver bezel to match some computers, and a SATA cable for easy connection. Also included in the package is the latest Cyberlink Power DVD software for playback of Blu-ray disc media, DVD, or CD multi-media content.

http://www.cdrinfo.com/Sections/News/Details.aspx?NewsId=21835

Very interesting but I think I would prefer to be able to burn BD discs as well. Also I would rather have a combo HD DVD + BD drive.

But Pioneer have had a BD-rom DVD writer drive out for months at a much lower price, I can get the Pioneer drive for around £85 ($170) so it's nothing new and a worse spec than the Pioneer as it doesn't write any discs

Do you have a link to such a drive or at least a model number? Are you sure this drive is sold in the US market? I’ve never heard of it but then again you weren’t very descriptive with respect to anything I could use to actually research this Pioneer BD ROM drive.

Lite-On DH-4O1S but in Europe! it cost 140,00Euro
but it READ ONLY blu-ray discs. for 40.00Euro more you can get the pioneer bdc-202 BURNER...

regards

Last edited:
Pioneer bdc-202 got it thanks hddvdsupporter!

I’m looking but I don’t see it for less then ~$230 USD or so but I’ll keep looking. Personally I think I would prefer a BD burner that can read HD DVD as well. I already have an Xbox HD DVD drive but I would prefer an all in one solution. Ideally I would prefer an HD DVD burner + BD burner in one drive ;)

Uh, doesn't that site say 298.91? Or, am I dreaming. I realize I've been out of it this week but... :D (And yes, I want one badly. But, with my job status in question right now, I can't be buying anything at all let alone drives.)

Back