• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

linux support

ErikS22

I have a idea I wanted run by you guys to be able to run blu-ray movies discs in mythbuntu. Tell me If you think this would work

Install mythbuntu on a PC
Install UDF 2.5 (not sure if this preinstalled or needed for blu-ray)
Install Virtualbox or Vmware server for linux on Same mythbuntu PC.
Install Small virtual Instance of Windows XP to run in backround
Install Anydvd HD on Windows XP virtual instance to run at startup.
Install Windows Services for Unix 3.5 on Windows XP virtual instance. Share out the the CD/DVD/Blu-ray drive using NFS on Windows XP

In mythbuntu mount the Windows XP virtual instance nfs share as local CD/DVD/Blu-ray in ubuntu using NFS client options.

My thinking is if you can have anydvd hd running on the windows xp when in you insert the blu-ray disk then encryption will be disable and then you will be free to use you linux media type player to use nfs mount that looks like a local blu-ray drive in linux play the blu-ray content encryption free.

My question that I am not sure about is if xine, vlc or mplayer support blu-ray menu support. If one of these does Wow I believe this will work then you could play blu-ray disc in mythtv then. I going to working on this tonight to see if this will work.

The developers have stated that AnyDVD is and WILL REMAIN a Windows application.

-W

Pretty Close

Huh what you know my concept is pretty close to working. Just need to figured out a solution for blu-ray menu support and this will work. Blu-ray files play with vlc right now and I can copy them to my linux box

but as far as I'm aware VLC and the such like don't have GPU acceleration so you need a fast CPU to be able to play high bitrate blu-ray files

Pretty Close

Yes that is true. I did play it at 1920 X 1080 and had no shuttering problems. I was using a AMD X2 4800+ with 2GB of Ram. That is the one nice thing about Linux os is it not resource hungry so that leaves plenty for applications. I will check CPU usage to see how much is being used tonight when I get home. So as long as you have decent CPU this can work. Just Need to do a little more resource on a media player support that supports blu-ray menus.

but as far as I'm aware VLC and the such like don't have GPU acceleration so you need a fast CPU to be able to play high bitrate blu-ray files
Processors are getting faster and faster, so GPU support becomes less important. I play all my HD media files with MediaPlayer, or from within MCE (using ffdshow and Haali media splitter), that's all. Everything is decoded in software.

But not everyone wants to have to upgrade their system to be able to use a fast cpu, when you can buy an AGP graphics card that will allow you to play Blu-ray on an old 478pin P4 3.2 CPU for £40.
Also if you have it offloaded onto the GPU then you can leave the CPU for other things like encoding etc whilst you watch the movie

Back