• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Question (Linux)APV fails after two downloads

Explorer36

I have a problem that has cropped up recently.

I am downloading a season from Amazon Prime. I've added all the titles to the queue. After it downloads two (or sometimes three, but usually two) titles, it fails with the below error. After this failure, the queue stalls, with all remaining titles in a "Waiting..." state indefinitely. Attempting to start the next title in the queue by hitting the green button results in the same failure on the next item. If I exit and restart AnyStream, I can add the stalled titles back to the queue and the problem repeats. It will download the first two items in the queue and then fail/stall again.

Error. Download aborted due to audio1 license registration failure.

I am running on Kubuntu 22.04 LTS and have tried restarting AnyStream, removing and re-adding the Amazon Prime Video provider and restarting the computer with the same results. I have only seen this behavior with Amazon Prime. Other providers work fine. It may also be only the one show that is affected, but I've seen the problem now on two different seasons.

I have attached the logfile showing the problem.

Attachments

• AnyStream_1.6.6.0.astlog
    594.4 KB · Views: 1
So you are using our Linux version. I will make the developer aware of it.

So you are using our Linux version. I will make the developer aware of it. In the meantime, why don’t you upgrade to our latest version 1.6.6.7

Windows download 64 bit: https://download.redfox.bz/download/sandbox/SetupAnyStream_1.6.6.7_64bit.exe
Windows download 32 bit: https://download.redfox.bz/download/sandbox/SetupAnyStream_1.6.6.7_32bit.exe
Debian download: https://download.redfox.bz/download/sandbox/AnyStream_1.6.6.7_amd64.deb
Redhat download: https://download.redfox.bz/download/sandbox/AnyStream-1.6.6.7.x86_64.rpm
.tar.gz download: https://download.redfox.bz/download/sandbox/AnyStream_1.6.6.7.tar.gz
macOS download: https://download.redfox.bz/download/sandbox/AnyStream_1.6.6.7.dmg

Note: The queue will now be stored on HDD, in case of abnormal application failure, system shutdown or simply by exiting AnyStream while titles are still in the queue.
It will be automatically reloaded the next time AnyStream starts.
Beta notes:
- some modifications to the UI will be added later, to improve usability
- stored entries will only be loaded after the respective provider is activated (tab clicked)
- the provider's queue starts up paused and must be manually started (to avoid problems, the user can't react upon at startup)
- expect problems, this change is very extensive. The previous beta will remain available for download.

After looking at your logfile it seems this is a one-time issue with " Sabrina The Teenage Witch" this title is only available from APV in SD 480p. It may very well be this is the only title that is affected but I will show it to our developers. We did some work to the queue recently and if you try the update it may help you.

Thanks for looking.

I've not updated to 1.6.6.7 because the main download page only has links for 1.6.6.0 and older, and the app itself doesn't indicate that there is an update available. I will go ahead and update with the appropriate direct link when the current queue finishes.

I am a bit skeptical that the video resolution is an issue. The downloads work fine if I just exit the app and try them again - at least for a couple of downloads, and then the problem repeats. Another data point, which may or may not mean anything, is that I have been adding just 3 titles to the queue at a time, and then when they are done, adding the next 3. This worked for a few times but then failed after the 3rd iteration. It successfully downloaded 7 titles. The first and second batches of 3 worked fine. The 3rd batch of 3 downloaded the first item in the queue and then failed on the 2nd item (8th overall), until I exited and restarted AnyStream.

Thanks for looking.

I've not updated to 1.6.6.7 because the main download page only has links for 1.6.6.0 and older, and the app itself doesn't indicate that there is an update available. I will go ahead and update with the appropriate direct link when the current queue finishes.

I am a bit skeptical that the video resolution is an issue. The downloads work fine if I just exit the app and try them again - at least for a couple of downloads, and then the problem repeats. Another data point, which may or may not mean anything, is that I have been adding just 3 titles to the queue at a time, and then when they are done, adding the next 3. This worked for a few times but then failed after the 3rd iteration. It successfully downloaded 7 titles. The first and second batches of 3 worked fine. The 3rd batch of 3 downloaded the first item in the queue and then failed on the 2nd item (8th overall), until I exited and restarted AnyStream.
If you do not update we cannot fix any issues. Its up to you.

If you do not update we cannot fix any issues. Its up to you.
Of course. I've already downloaded the version that you linked and will install it when the current download finishes.

I was trying to point out that your main download page still has links to an older version (1.6.6.0). If it linked the current version, I would have tried it before I started this thread.

Of course. I've already downloaded the version that you linked and will install it when the current download finishes.

I was trying to point out that your main download page still has links to an older version (1.6.6.0). If it linked the current version, I would have tried it before I started this thread.
Yes the one I pointed you to is still in beta but they fix a lot of issues, our beta versions are just as good as releases,

I tried 1.6.6.7, and I am in worse shape now.

I added the remainder of the current season to the queue, and it failed after the first two downloads. Now, though, emptying the queue does not help. Since the queue is written to the hard drive, it re-populates it after a restart. Note that it does this even if I manually empty the queue and restart AnyStream. With the contents of the old queue in place, nothing downloads for this provider. All items in the queue are persistently in a "Waiting..." state. Note that the item that failed is cleared from the queue, so there are no errors shown, but everything is stalled.

I have attached a logfile with AnyStream in the above state. I exited, and restarted AnyStream. When it started, it's showing 14 items in the queue (which I had previously removed with the "Empty queue" button, prior to shutting down). No errors are shown, but all items are waiting. As soon as it finished starting, I created the logfile, and that's what's attached.

I can delete the queue at the following location, and it gets me back to a working state:

/home/wadeh/.local/share/RedFox/AnyStream/prime.queue

I'm trying one more time with one last change, and than I'll run out of things to try. Normally, when I start the download, it offers me a resolution of 720x576, so that is what I have been selecting. In this last test, I am manually selecting 640x480 to see if that makes any difference.

Attachments

• AnyStream_1.6.6.7.astlog
    217.8 KB · Views: 1
Try 1.6.6.8 , if that desnt help, just download them one at a time. You said that works, for the time being.

Maybe you can try a different Distro than Kubuntu 22.04 LTS. I don't remember testing that one.

Thanks again for the responses.

At this point, I believe that there are at least two potential bugs that could be fixed. The first one is that when the downloads fail with this error, it should be able to recover without restarting AnyStream. Ideally, it would just skip to the next file in the queue. The second issue is that when you manually clear the queue, it should delete the queue file on the hard drive.

It's possible that there is something to be fixed in processing the downloads from Amazon. This is a bit annoying, but not a showstopper, because there is a workaround of just downloading one at a time (although there are 7 seasons, with about 22 to 24 episodes per season, so this is a lot of work for the user).

Since I've had the workaround all along, my reason for posting here was to try and provide enough information for the problems to be actionable by the developer. I don't consider it to be reasonable to try a different Linux distro. The machine that I am using is my primary desktop, and it has a non-trivial configuration for a number of important pieces of software that I use. I do periodic backups, but I would need to do a differential backup to catch the most current work. I'd then need to reinstall a new distro, plus all my apps, plus all the custom configuration. It would probably be at least a week to get all the dust settled. It would be less work to spin up a VM to test with, but honestly trying a different operating system seems like grasping at straws. The queue issues are almost certainly related to AnyStream's internal code. The download error itself is an interaction between Amazon Prime and the provider in AnyStream and may or may not be reasonably fixed in the AnyStream code.

Oh, and the last thing I tried was to specify 640x480 as the resolution for the download, and the problem still happened when I did that.

Thanks again for looking.

The queue right now is in beta, you will find some errors that our developers are working on as we speak.

Back