• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Limited payment options

meimeiriver

So, what's up with this bitcoin nonsense?! Who has bitcoins!? LOL.

I was just looking into getting a licence today, but I don't have bitcoins (seriously, ppl); and the only other alternative seems a Visa card, which I don't have either (I have a Mastercard).

So, is it possible to offer some other options? Like all major credit cards, paypal, etc.

Oh, and I see bitcoins are for US customers only. Sigh. So, you need a Visa card for the rest of the world, and if you don't have that, screw the rest of the world, right?!

PayPal wont be an option at all.

I just saw an 'angry' reply to that effect, from a RedFox representative, elsewhere too. Apparently RedFox have a beef with PayPal. Which is fine, but to only offer Visa to the rest of the world is just downright silly, and rather antagonistic towards your potential customers. Usually, when companies go out of their way to make sure I can't pay, then, guess what... I won't.

I believe MasterCard being a payment option is being worked on.

It's not the company that makes it hard for you. It's the AACS-LA and MPAA along with world governments that put pressure on payment processors to not take payments for RedFox. As far as bitcoin goes it is a worldwide digital currency. And is available in your area. Please search bitcoin and your country and you will find options to use. And may be able to use your MasterCard to pay for them as well.

It's not the company that makes it hard for you. It's the AACS-LA and MPAA along with world governments that put pressure on payment processors to not take payments for RedFox. As far as bitcoin goes it is a worldwide digital currency. And is available in your area. Please search bitcoin and your country and you will find options to use. And may be able to use your MasterCard to pay for them as well.

Thanks. Looks like a jumped the gun a bit. Seems I took Paying with Bitcoin for US Purchasers to mean bitcoin payment was available for US customers only. My bad.

And, damn the MPAA and the horse they rode in on! So, I hope RedFox get the situation with Mastercard sorted out soon!

I just saw an 'angry' reply to that effect, from a RedFox representative, elsewhere too. Apparently RedFox have a beef with PayPal. Which is fine, but to only offer Visa to the rest of the world is just downright silly, and rather antagonistic towards your potential customers. Usually, when companies go out of their way to make sure I can't pay, then, guess what... I won't.
No, actually Paypal has a beef with Redfox (did with Slysoft too) and will not have anything to do with them. They are in the movie studios pocket. Which for the most part is fine, because Paypal likes to rip off businesses from time to time.

Back