• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Lifetime till we say redefine it's meaning!

Most of the problems with different people complaining and their frustration comes from the tone deaf nature of their customer service. Having been in the customer service business for a few decades now and I can tell you Redfox second greatest failure is customer service
This comes from tone deaf customer whom doesn't Research the news before making dubious claims. I work in customer service and it is also the responsibility of the customer to do their homework and not assume they are in the right.

Starting with the sticky "no fox, no job, no future." What about that title, suggests that it has relevant information about the demise of Slysoft and the rise of Redfox. Hell, the old product was named Slysoft not fox. We are in the sixteenth year of the modern forums, and most of the pinned posts or sticky posts are full of meta crap and I mean meta crap. If you are going to rely on pinned posts to pass on relevant information to new arriving customers then the name of the post needs to suggest, no, it needs to tell the customer what is contained in those posts. How about this as a title or subtitle. "Why Slysoft failed and Redfox was formed." That explanation post needs to be pinned in the top five sub forums or so. Eliminate ambiguity by stating or labeling your explanation clearly.
This Slysoft forced shutting down make big Internet News and failure to research this is not the problem of Slysoft or RedFox. It close overnight and you expect to have your cake and cherry pie? Need reality check here. Slysoft has no more to do with RedFox once they closed that was defacto closed nothing more anymore can do about it.

Then there is the belief by some of their representatives that the shutdown of Slysoft was a big deal. News flash, it was no big deal, to the world at large. I had 3 to 5 news feeds at the time of the demise of Slysoft and not one of them had the news of Slysoft shutting down. And all of them have tech news coverage listed as important. I found out about it from a poster on a forum I help moderate. She was a dedicated user of the product, at the time, I was not. With all the stuff going on in the world on a macro level, not to mention the day in and day out personal situations of most people. The chances of the demise of Slysoft showing up on most peoples radar is slim to nil.
Sorry to say it was big news your small world view isn't reflected in the wider world. Need to do more research before making dubious claims. Company closes and leave everyone in the cold and you expect them to give you the Red Carpet treatment? No one likes what happened but we bought the RedFox and the world moved on unfortunately you haven't moved on.

Having been in a industry that relies heavily on sale signs and special deals, where bait and switch and misleading wording were a major problem in the eighties. I can tell you the way the update process and the update page was handled. Would have, if the company was based in the US, resulted in a class action lawsuit. I know some will balk at the last statement. But here in the US, clearly stating what something is or is not, is a paramount issue. I can not even remember the number of class action opt in lawsuit letters I have received in the past year along, not to mention the past 16 years.
Again failure to do proper research only shows whinning expecting some compensation if you want that go find the CEO of Slysoft and ask for compensation then. Trying to make false claims again shows you just want something for nothing-will not happen.

Finally, having been in the customer service business for years. I can tell you, you can anger a lot of people and it will in the long run not matter. However there is always that one person who has the means by accident or pure intent to start an avalanche that buries. The hostility that has wane of late, but was very prominent until recently to highly confused consumers. Has surly spawned the proverbial. "Cutting off the nose to spite the face", consumer. Which can shorten the life span of Redfox.
I've been in customer service for 10+ and I can state for Fact not all is the fault of the company(RedFox) customers are also to blame for the problem. Goes like this "It takes two to tango" problems doesn't come from one place but takes two to make a problem. Failure to read the Facts presented by RedFox is no one fault expect those not wanting to read what happened. Your world doesn't revolve just around you becuase you failed to read what happened.

Last edited:
Another sticky about the same thing? It'll just get ignored like the rest of them. And for the record, there has been a sticky with such relevant information, didn't stop anyone from creating new topics and still asking for info that was already available.

Hell, the old product was named Slysoft not fox.

No it wasn't, Slysoft was the COMPANY NAME, not the product name. The product was AnyDVD for dvd only version and AnyDVD HD for hd-dvd / blu-ray version.

and most of the pinned posts or sticky posts are full of meta crap and I mean meta crap.

Care to point to even one of such topics here? I doubt you'll find even one.

Then there is the belief by some of their representatives that the shutdown of Slysoft was a big deal.

It was a big deal, but none of the staff could do anything about it. Again, the order came from upper hand and overnight.

resulted in a class action lawsuit.

yeah, seriously doubt that. As that would have given "the powers that be" all the info they needed to sue the persons in the class-action for copyright infringement due to using anydvd to remove protection mechanisms.

Let me repeat this again. What happened is widely available, the debating will NOT start again. There's nothing left to say, do the research

And when exactly would you have had slysoft advise the users when (as has been stated a LONG TIME AGO) the shutdown came from upperhand and OVERNIGHT! Sunday evening everything was fine, monday morning when they 'reported' for work things were shut down. Things happened overnight and without advance warning to the staff themselves. The only one to blam for that part is the CEO.
I would have expected that Mr Bettini could have negotiated with authorities to be allowed to advise subscribers or he could have discussed the matter when handing over Slysoft to staff in lieu of backpay. I don't care it wasn't done. My point is that the AnyDVD HD download would be an appropriate place to place an explanation about what happened to Slysoft Hopefully it will be read and much whining will be eliminated.

I would have expected that Mr Bettini could have negotiated with authorities to be allowed to advise subscribers or he could have discussed the matter when handing over Slysoft to staff in lieu of backpay. I don't care it wasn't done. My point is that the AnyDVD HD download would be an appropriate place to place an explanation about what happened to Slysoft Hopefully it will be read and much whining will be eliminated.
I wouldn't matter at all. People just don't read anything anymore it seems.
As this "warning"
[Important information for SlySoft license owners!
SlySoft license keys for AnyDVD (HD) will only work up to version 7.6.9.5. The RedFox OPD (Online Protection Database) for this version will be available until Tuesday, May 31, 2016, afterwards AnyDVD HD may no longer be able to decrypt discs.

SlySoft licenses of other products are not affected and will continue to work normally
.]

has been posted on the download page found here:
https://www.redfox.bz/download.html
since the forming of RedFox.
Yet how many posts have we seen that says " you killed my license and I want it back" & "I had a new AnyDVDHD version alert and after installing it it says it's a trial this should not be the case as I purchased a MY LIFETIME License to Slysoft products umpteen years ago and I shouldn't have to give you more money for this" and so forth and so on. :banghead:
I myself was in shock over this when it happened in February. But I knew that the terms of a Lifetime License is based on the life of the entity supplying updates and support. And nothing to do with the lifetime of a END USER. Otherwise wouldn't we all just be a vampire and live forever then. The only way that it could be based off of the users life would be if they had the DOB of the user it was purchased for . And I've never seen a license that wants your DOB.

One doesn't read the Facts do they - they closed over night and didn't want to deal with the On-Going Legal issues, that is why Bettini isn't going to do anything - closed shop and bailed out. Is that clear enough. They explained over and over and yet here we go again "Well-Known Member" disseminating misinformation again. We are in a connected internet world where at the "tip" of your finger you can search and find the News of what happened to Slysoft it's not that hard.

Last edited:
Back