• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

LibreDrive for Pioneer drives

infox

Hello,

Makemkv enable libredrive for my pioneer unit, i can backup 4k disk with makemkv but with anydvd i get the following error

Media is AACS protected!
AACS MKB version 60
Drive supports bus encryption!
Disc wants bus encryption!
couldn't retrieve AGID (bus encryption)!
ERRO when processing disk Blu-Ray!

I have forwarded the information to @James that certain Pioneer drives are now also Libredrive capable. Most of those are BD-only drives, some of them official UHD drives. To use Libredrive makes only sense for AnyDVD with the official UHD drives. Like the 211M, S12UHT, XS07TUHT and XD07TUHD. Some - like the S12UHT are not yet supported but should be in the next couple of days. I hope when all UHD drives are supported, AnyDVD can be adapted to make use of the new functionality.

I disagree with you on the point about only using uhd drives. A lot of pioneer drives that are bd only don't work with anydvd and could with the use of libredrive. Some older drives do work, yes, but not the newer bd only drives. I'm not sure how anydvd should handle this but there's no real way way for it to know the capability of the drive before it calls for libredrive so care will have to be taken regardless as to how they do it. But leaving drives on the table that could work with anydvd doesn't seem like a great option to me.

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk

I disagree with you on the point about only using uhd drives. A lot of pioneer drives that are bd only don't work with anydvd and could with the use of libredrive. Some older drives do work, yes, but not the newer bd only drives. I'm not sure how anydvd should handle this but there's no real way way for it to know the capability of the drive before it calls for libredrive so care will have to be taken regardless as to how they do it. But leaving drives on the table that could work with anydvd doesn't seem like a great option to me.

Never heard of such problems with Pioneer BD drives. Do you have examples?

That may be exactly it.
You confuse me. I don't know of any drive not working with AnyDVD for Blu-ray. Pioneer, Panasonic (Matsushita), they all work just fine.

I have forwarded the information to @James that certain Pioneer drives are now also Libredrive capable. Most of those are BD-only drives, some of them official UHD drives. To use Libredrive makes only sense for AnyDVD with the official UHD drives. Like the 211M, S12UHT, XS07TUHT and XD07TUHD. Some - like the S12UHT are not yet supported but should be in the next couple of days. I hope when all UHD drives are supported, AnyDVD can be adapted to make use of the new functionality.
I don't think AnyDVD needs to be "adapted", it should work right away.

You confuse me. I don't know of any drive not working with AnyDVD for Blu-ray. Pioneer, Panasonic (Matsushita), they all work just fine.
Perhaps I'm wrong, but I could have sworn there was a line of drives that didn't work for ripping blurays. I'm OK with being wrong.

Nope. It doesn't. It didn't even try to load libredrive.

Weird. Can you post a logfile of such a libre drive Pioneer?

PIONEER BD-RWBDR-211M 1.02

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.5.9.0_Info_H_FINAL_FANTASY_SPIRITS_WITHIN.ziplog
    3.3 MB · Views: 9
@James , the only issues I'm aware of are DVD dics from other regions when the region info is set on Panasonic / Matshita drives.

PIONEER BD-RWBDR-211M 1.02
Code:
Drive (Hardware) Region: 2
This is the problem. AnyDVD looks for the illegal libre drive region 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8.

Code:
Drive (Hardware) Region: 2
This is the problem. AnyDVD looks for the illegal libre drive region 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8.
Yeah that was broken in the previous version. I think he fixed it for the lg based drives but I don't think region stuff is enabled for pio yet. I'll check in the morning on my lg drive.

Here some quotes from the makemkv forum:

The DVD all regions is suddenly only Possible, not yet enabled. I did not change anything with the firmware in the meantime.

Upon start, MakeMKV downloaded the latest SDF. Did something change in there?

Mike:

Oh, I've introduced a bug with bunch last changes. This is a 'display' bug, your drive still support all regions, it is just wrong information that is displayed. Will fix with a next update.

That bug was with the lg based drives. I don't think he's enabled region stuff for the pio drives yet as he's trying to get as many drive/ Firmware combinations working as he can first. This isn't great for us.

Back