• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

LG GGW-H10N and GGW-H20L - The Pink Panther 2 (Blu-ray) - Disc NOT mounting problem

roog

Just got The Pink Panther 2 on BD today an it would not mount on two different Vista computers, one with an LG GGW-H10N drive and the other with an LG GGW-H20L drive.

I checked the disc visually but couldn't see any flaws. AnyDVD HD 6.5.6.2 was not running, but Virtual Clone Drive 5.4.3.2 was, so I exited it but the disc still could not be seen by Vista. After that, I uninstalled VCD and restarted but still no luck.

Before giving up and returning the disc, I had the wild idea to reflash the drives with the latest firmware. Guess what, the disc was recognized by both drives and was playable.

Has anyone else encountered this problem with this BD or any other disc? I've never encountered this problem before.

Has anyone else encountered this problem with this BD or any other disc? I've never encountered this problem before.

1) Sometimes older firmwares for some drives may not communicate properly with Anydvd in some rare cases. I'm not aware of that issue with those drives.

2) It's possible some drive state or driver state was hanging and flashing reset/fixed the issue.

3) Whether those two firmware updates you performed were intended to improve readability is unknown to me (I haven't bothered looking). However, in general, yeah, firmware updates for drives can improve readability (it's not extremely common, but it can happen) despite some people wrongly believing otherwise:
http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=19969

Last edited:
I've had the issue with GGW-H20L, a lot of them still ship with firmware YL03 and until I update them to YL05 I get read and write issues (I install approx 10 a week). It's nothing to worry about now you've updated the firmware

Notice I said reflashed. I already had the latest firmware version installed on both drives. If it had just been one drive or two drives of the same model I would write it off to some anomaly, but the odds of the same problem happening on two different model drives on two different computers is very unlikely unless something else is going on with this particular BD.

Could it be that the drives were disabled by this BD because I had VCD installed?

P.S. - I forgot to mention that it's the US version of the Pink Panther 2.

Could it be that the drives were disabled by this BD because I had VCD installed?2.
No otherwise it'd be doing the same thing for everyone (my self included), why would they release a disc that disables your drive from being able to see it, that makes no sense. I suspect it's more likely a fault on the disc, like a spec of dust or something. I've had discs where it looks perfect, have cleaned it multiple times and it still wouldn't work, walked away intending to send it back, put it in the drives the next day and it's worked flawlessly ever since

No otherwise it'd be doing the same thing for everyone (my self included), why would they release a disc that disables your drive from being able to see it, that makes no sense. I suspect it's more likely a fault on the disc, like a spec of dust or something. I've had discs where it looks perfect, have cleaned it multiple times and it still wouldn't work, walked away intending to send it back, put it in the drives the next day and it's worked flawlessly ever since

That sounds reasonable. Hope it doesn't happen again. I did clean it and reinserted it multiple times before reflashing. I didn't do anything other than take it out and reinsert it after cleaning it the first time.

I'm pretty sure that I read somewhere that newer drives have blacklisting capabilities, but because of the outrage that would happen, I assumed that this would never be implemented. I admit that it scared me a little when this happened.

Last edited:
2) It's possible some drive state or driver state was hanging and flashing reset/fixed the issue.

Notice I said reflashed .

#2 is still a possibility, even on two separate systems.

I wasn't aware that you were using the latest firmware already. What Adbear wrote seems most probable to me.

Last edited:
#2 is still a possibility, even on two separate systems.

I wasn't aware that you were using the latest firmware already. What Adbear wrote seems most probable to me.

Good point! I'm going to return the disc and get a replacement to see if it happens again. I'll post a follow up comment to let you know what happens. Thanks for the help.

I'm pretty sure that I read somewhere that newer drives have blacklisting capabilities

Host revocation does not block disc directories from being listed.

Last edited:
Back