• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Letterboxing

jlts1

I ripped a DVD to my hard drive and played it using Power DVD.

Why is it playing back letterboxed on all sides, on my wide screen Samsung 64 inch TV.

I tried to change the aspect ration in Power DVD but was unable to change it.

Leterboxing

Well, as it turns out I think its NOT a function of the DVD rip itself but one of my PC's video card.

I played back the original DVD on my PC (The Hereafter with Matt Damon) and experienced the exact same result.

If I play it on my stand alone SOny DVD player it's letterboxed, but not very ver much. If I play it on my PC hen the letterbox is much greater.

My PC's video card is set at 1920 x 1080.

Could that be the issue?

Well, as it turns out I think its NOT a function of the DVD rip itself but one of my PC's video card.

I played back the original DVD on my PC (The Hereafter with Matt Damon) and experienced the exact same result.

If I play it on my stand alone SOny DVD player it's letterboxed, but not very ver much. If I play it on my PC hen the letterbox is much greater.

My PC's video card is set at 1920 x 1080.

Could that be the issue?
Check that your PC player is set to Auto or Original or Source (or something similar) for the playback aspect ratio and the same for your TV - you seem to have a setting on one or the other which is conflicting and producing the "double letterbox" effect.

Last edited:
Back