• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Let get readdyyyyyyyy to rippppppp!

hart2hart

I have lifetime license and look forward to purchasing from RedFox. I've used AnyDVD to rip TV series and watch via software player with MyMovies driving. I had a Sony 400 BD mega changer for movies. It died and Sony does not have board to repair. Therefore I've been looking for better solution.

I've ordered one of the new Dune 4K Solo players. If all goes well with player and RedFox order is complete, I plan to rip 350 disc movie collection to NAS. Rather than spend a life time.... How well would adding multiple BD readers to PC (gigabit Ethernet to NAS, SATA for drives 1 and 2, and USB 3.0 for drives 3 and 4) and ripping 4 discs at same work?

I just read some info on the new Dune HD Solo 4K HEVC Network Media Player With BD Playback. Sounds like a winner. I have the Dune HD Smart D1 and Dune HD TV 303D and I love them both, but I would love to have one player that will play Blu-ray with menu support and DVD files. Currently my Dune HD Smart D1 doesn't do a good job of playing DVD files, but the TV 303D is great at DVD files but no Blu-ray menu support.. I am going to place my order today !! I have been looking for something to spend some bonus money on !! https://www.duneplayer.com/hd4ksolo.html (y)(y)

There even claiming (in their exact words) "Complete with full menu control (exact disc behavior)"
Do you get the FBI warning and trailers as well ???
I don't mind the trailers, but the FBI warnings are a pain.

FBI warnings and trailers are standard crap added to discs. That practice goes back to the beginning of DVDs.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 5 met Tapatalk

There even claiming (in their exact words) "Complete with full menu control (exact disc behavior)"
Do you get the FBI warning and trailers as well ???
I don't mind the trailers, but the FBI warnings are a pain.

I am not too concerned with playing the exact menu of Blu-ray disks, but being able to render the AnyDVD HD speed menu is what I love. You have to have a player that has menu support to do that. No trailers FBI warning at all. Just a simple menu to get you straight to the movie. I know you can do this with BD Lite, but that has it's disadvantages when dealing with screen pass protected movies that have hundreds of playlists. Being able to render the exact Blu-ray menu is a bonus if I ever want to use it. (y)(y)

Currently my Dune HD Smart D1 doesn't do a good job of playing DVD files
I also have a Dune HD Smart D1. And yes, he had some problems with DVD files, especially menu's. Solution: rip DVD's to .iso file, 99,9% of the iso files plays fine here.

I also have a Dune HD Smart D1. And yes, he had some problems with DVD files, especially menu's. Solution: rip DVD's to .iso file, 99,9% of the iso files plays fine here.

I didn't notice any issues with playing the DVD menus with my Dune HD Smart D1, it was actually playing the movies. They would have periods where the image would freeze momentarily during playback. It would do this enough to be annoying to me. Same DVD files played on the Dune HD TV 303D play flawlessly. And yes, I tried DVD ISO files too with same results on the Smart D1. Let's hope the DVD playback on the new 4k Solo is as good as the TV 303D.

I didn't notice any issues with playing the DVD menus with my Dune HD Smart D1, it was actually playing the movies. They would have periods where the image would freeze momentarily during playback. It would do this enough to be annoying to me. Same DVD files played on the Dune HD TV 303D play flawlessly. And yes, I tried DVD ISO files too with same results on the Smart D1. Let's hope the DVD playback on the new 4k Solo is as good as the TV 303D.
Weird, my D1 plays DVD iso files very well, without stuttering or freezing... For now i play mostly .mkv (1080p) files, no problems with that, latest firmware installed. Hopefully is the 4K solo soon available...

Weird, my D1 plays DVD iso files very well, without stuttering or freezing... For now i play mostly .mkv (1080p) files, no problems with that, latest firmware installed. Hopefully is the 4K solo soon available...

I too occasionally play .mkv and no issue on the D1. Just DVD .iso or folder structure. Could never solve it after trying many different things so I would use the D1 for Blu-ray rips so I could use the AnyDVD HD Speed Menus, and TV 303D for DVD files and Blu-ray rips when the menu is not necessary. I am certainly on the latest firmware for the D1 Version "150721_0135_b9" (the latest stable version). Same issue on earlier firmware versions as well. The 4K Solo is available for pre-order now. I pre-ordered mine from the same place I ordered my D1 and TV 303D. https://www.duneplayer.com/

I stopped using my Dune Smart Player because it had trouble dealing with Blu-rays and seamless branching, eg. Monsters University.
When I contacted Dune about this I got "we are aware of the problem and are doing everything we can".
It was never fixed, so I stopped using it.
It only takes one incident like that where it totally spoils my movie night, so that was it _ I'm unforgiving that way when it come to technology and my hard earned cash.

I stopped using my Dune Smart Player because it had trouble dealing with Blu-rays and seamless branching, eg. Monsters University.
When I contacted Dune about this I got "we are aware of the problem and are doing everything we can".
It was never fixed, so I stopped using it.
It only takes one incident like that where it totally spoils my movie night, so that was it _ I'm unforgiving that way when it come to technology and my hard earned cash.

I have tried a few media players and so far the Dune HD Smart D1 has been the best I have used for playing BD Rips. I may have had 1 or 2 issues trying to play a RIP but I have watched so many BD Rips without issue that a few isolated incidents won't make me completely give up on a product. If the Dune HD 4K Solo makes improvements on what the Smart D1 and TV 303D does well already, then it is likely to be a great player. I will soon find out (y)(y)

The NVIDIA Shield is a very good player, and it is about half the price of the Dune HD 4k Solo. I have not used any of the Dune products, so I can't really make any comparisons beyond the list price of each. But, the Shield, combined with versions of Kodi, which support HD audio passthrough is a perfect solution for me.

I keep reading all of these NAS media hookups and really don't get it. WHY? Just because you have 350 movies, WHY? the NEED to have a menu so you can flip thru all the titles and select one to watch for an hour or 2. I have 350 or more movies and instead of having the hard drive sitting there running hour after hour wearing itself out I just go over and pull out a disk and watch it and put it back up. Really simple and the hard drive is sitting in a box if I ever need to make a replacement disk. I don't have problems with network hick-ups or subtitles not playing or being worried about a hard drive dying too soon. Each to his own I quess, maybe I'm missing something about this streaming content that makes watching a movie better because it's choking up my network connection, but I doubt it, lol.

I agree to each his own. ...but just to give a flavor why someone might do this...

In my case all media and HW is located in theater room with projector. However I wired so I can watch in other areas like in great room on plasma TV. Therefore I can watch what I want where I want at different times of day. It is not streaming content over network but is full HDMI to all locations via matrix switch.

Having movie and tv series content managed is great when someone comes over and you decide to watch a movie. Just pull up collection with full details and then press play when ready.

What you're missing is your first thought which was great. To each his own.

Back