• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Les Claypool 5 Gallons of Diesel

Indyrod

Not since Iron Man 2, have I had this many problems trying to compress a backup. I've used the rip to hd three times, with different settings, and only about 21 minutes is even visable in my compression software, DVD COPY. I even tried another compression program, and the problem is the programs can not even see anything but the first VOB files, the rest are not visable by the compression programs. On the attached log, the settings are "Aggressive I/O Mode" checked, and A/I Scanner Enabled. I used different settings always getting the same results, so this in my final try which also failed. The ANYDVD hd rip plays fine, but it will not compress, at least with none of my software.

Since it's a concert type movie, I can live with just watching from my dvd or the hd rip, but this one stumps me. Just thought you guys might want to take a look at the log file, and see if you can see anything that might be causing the problem I am having. thanks, and anydvd is one of the most prized software I have.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_7.0.9.0_Info_E_5_GALLONS_OF_DIESEL.zip
    130.3 KB · Views: 5
here's a screen cap, of what shows up in my compression program, which is only 21 minutes of a 3 hour playing time. this was using the anydvd hd rip, as input.

Attachments

• Screen cap avs dvd copy.jpg
    Screen cap avs dvd copy.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 13
What happens if you use CloneDVD?

Also not sure if it'll make any difference but try updating to the latest beta (7.0.9.4)

Last edited:
don't have clonedvd, almost everything works with the software I have. this is just a rare case, so I thought the developers might take a look.

I took another screen shot, this time of the anydvd hd rip folder, so it might provide additional help.

Attachments

• screen cap anydvd hd rip.jpg
    screen cap anydvd hd rip.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 8
Being a concert - the only "non-strange" thing I can think of is that it has too many of too large audio streams (like LPCM) to leave much room to compress it to a DVD-5

-W

From your screenshot it appear to rip correctly, give clonedvd a try and see if it can do it's magic.

Not since Iron Man 2, have I had this many problems trying to compress a backup. I've used the rip to hd three times, with different settings, and only about 21 minutes is even visable in my compression software, DVD COPY. I even tried another compression program, and the problem is the programs can not even see anything but the first VOB files, the rest are not visable by the compression programs. On the attached log, the settings are "Aggressive I/O Mode" checked, and A/I Scanner Enabled. I used different settings always getting the same results, so this in my final try which also failed. The ANYDVD hd rip plays fine, but it will not compress, at least with none of my software.

Since it's a concert type movie, I can live with just watching from my dvd or the hd rip, but this one stumps me. Just thought you guys might want to take a look at the log file, and see if you can see anything that might be causing the problem I am having. thanks, and anydvd is one of the most prized software I have.

Being a concert - the only "non-strange" thing I can think of is that it has too many of too large audio streams (like LPCM) to leave much room to compress it to a DVD-5

-W

Try setting target to DVD-9 (Dual Layer and see if it works, this will rule out compression issue) if this works then it may be LPCM sound taking too much space.
Another thing I was thinking your software should tell you at least about audio.

if you noticed on the screen cap of the compressing software, the program is only recognizing a little over 1 gig, of a 7+ gig file, so changing to double layer output, does nothing. the dual audio streams didn't add that much, and even if it did, it still should compress to 4 gig, like everything else does. I hate to have to buy clonedvd, just because of this one issue. as I said, I'm really just informing you of this problem, I can live with what I have with the hd rip. it just bugs me to death... thanks

Last edited:
here's a screen cap, of what shows up in my compression program, which is only 21 minutes of a 3 hour playing time. this was using the anydvd hd rip, as input.

Play the movie from the AnyDVD rip (VideoTS.ifo). Have the same problem?

yes, the screen cap of the anydvd rip, is what I've been working with. Usually, that works with problems like this, but for some reason it doesn't on this copy protection. believe me, I was a computer programmer for 40 years, and I've tried everything, except downloading CloneDvd and trying that. there's some reason the compression software I use, doesn't even recognize anything but the first Vob of the two titles. that's a problem, and hopefully the developers can figure it out for its customers.

Last edited:
yes, the screen cap of the anydvd rip, is what I've been working with. Usually, that works with problems like this, but for some reason it doesn't on this copy protection. believe me, I was a computer programmer for 40 years, and I've tried everything, except downloading CloneDvd and trying that. there's some reason the compression software I use, doesn't even recognize anything but the first Vob of the two titles. that's a problem, and hopefully the developers can figure it out for its customers.

I understand that the rip didn't work in your compression program. Can you play the AnyDVD rip with WinDVD, MediaPlayer Classic, Windows Media Center, etc. Will the movie play? Need to see if it is AnyDVD or something else. If the AnyDVD rip is good, you should be able to play the Video_TS.ifo file with a player. If it plays in a player and the movie, trailers, etc are all there and it plays correctly, then the problem is with your other program.

Also, was AnyDVD set to Default?

Last edited:
I understand that the rip didn't work in your compression program. Can you play the AnyDVD rip with WinDVD, MediaPlayer Classic, Windows Media Center, etc. Will the movie play? Need to see if it is AnyDVD or something else. If the AnyDVD rip is good, you should be able to play the Video_TS.ifo file with a player. If it plays in a player and the movie, trailers, etc are all there and it plays correctly, then the problem is with your other program.

Also, was AnyDVD set to Default?

I can play the anydvd rip just fine with anything, as I already said. I know the compressing program is not recognizing the rip file as it should, but you failed to mention that it is the only software that would be stopped from compressing because of the protection encryption. A dvd/video player, does not care about copy protection, because it is not compressing or ripping anything, just legally playing it as it does with any encrytion. The compression software naturally checks for copy protection, which is the problem. As I said, I've tried a couple different compressing software programs, and the same thing happens. AnyDVD is not removing all the copy protection, or these programs would recognize the rip file, like they usually do. You could say, yea, it's a copy protection problem with the compressing/ripping software, but isn't that what we buy anydvd for, to give us the ability to backup our dvds and allow us to compress them? That's what I purchased it for, and about 95% of the time, it does just that.

Oh yea, the settings. I tried every conceivable setting with anydvd, and the results are all the same.

I can play the anydvd rip just fine with anything, as I already said. I know the compressing program is not recognizing the rip file as it should, but you failed to mention that it is the only software that would be stopped from compressing because of the protection encryption.

Did you try importing the AnyDVD rip into the old venerable DVDShrink?
A proper AnyDVD rip (to folder) outta always work with Shrink.

-W

Did you try importing the AnyDVD rip into the old venerable DVDShrink?
A proper AnyDVD rip (to folder) outta always work with Shrink.

-W

good question, and I tried to install Dvdshrink on my Win 7 laptop, and it would install, but not execute. I tried all the compatibility settings too, as I found on the Net had worked for some people, but DvdShrink does not work at all on some folks Win 7 machines, and mine is one of them. actually, that was the last thing I tried was to install Dvdshrink, but no go, it flat out would not open using all the methods I found on the Net. Win 7, finally told me, the software was not compatible with the OS. that software has not been updated since 2004, so I can understand why it doesn't work too well, like it used to for everybody with the newer operating systems. but I did try.

good question, and I tried to install Dvdshrink on my Win 7 laptop, and it would install, but not execute. I tried all the compatibility settings too, as I found on the Net had worked for some people, but DvdShrink does not work at all on some folks Win 7 machines, and mine is one of them. actually, that was the last thing I tried was to install Dvdshrink, but no go, it flat out would not open using all the methods I found on the Net. Win 7, finally told me, the software was not compatible with the OS. that software has not been updated since 2004, so I can understand why it doesn't work too well, like it used to for everybody with the newer operating systems. but I did try.

Works on my Win7 just fine. No problems installing or running. Mine is 32 bit though.

yea, I've heard most of the Win 7 32 bit versions has more luck, but mine is 64 bit, and that seems to be the one that doesn't like DvdShrink. oh well, I guess I could download the trial version of CloneDVD, just to see if it handles the problem. I was talking to the IT expert at the library, and He said Dvd Shrink is so far out of date, he's surprised it works at all anymore, especially with the current protections, of course with AnyDvd, I don't need to worry about that. He uses a cracked version of DvdFab, and says it works on anything, which I can understand if the decrypting and compression are all done with the same program. interesting, a library guy would be using cracked software, but to each their own. especially since he told me to get up to date with technology, and shell out the bucks for the newer software. :disagree:

Seen this before ...

The ANYDVD hd rip plays fine, but it will not compress, at least with none of my software.

Hardly an AnyDVD issue. I've seen this before and it has nothing to do with protections. I just can't remember what it was other than something in a file refused to let compression work.

What is stopping you from taking a free download of CloneDVD?

http://static.slysoft.com/SetupCloneDVD.exe

Then "rip video...." with AnyDVD and let's see what happens.

ok Frank, looks like we were both thinking the same thing, at the same time. I'll give it a try, just to see what happens. :bowdown:

Ok

Fine. Such a phenomena does indeed exist and I just can't bloody remember what the cause was.

I suspect this will fail. I'd like to see an AnyDVD log from this disc. And left click the AnyDVD icon and click "defaults" please.

a) Ensure Anydvd is running.
b) Put that original disc in your optical drive/reader. Wait for Anydvd to scan the disc.
c) Right click the little red fox icon in the lower right system tray and select "Create Logfile"
e) Wait for Anydvd to create a log file, a pop-up screen will appear. In some cases this might need several minutes.
Take note of the location where Anydvd created the logfile and the logfile's name. Click "ok".
g) Go to your My Documents folder and there you will see a zip file called
"Anydvd_Info_<DVD TITLE>.zip" (or something similar)

Attach that ZIP file to your reply please.

And if this fails in CloneDVD the content of the LOG panel right clicked and saved as a log.txt file. You will have to zip that to attach it here.
Thanks.

Last edited:
yea, I've heard most of the Win 7 32 bit versions has more luck, but mine is 64 bit, and that seems to be the one that doesn't like DvdShrink.

I am running 2 32-bit Win 7 machines, and one 64-bit (Home Premium all 3), and not a bit of a problem installing or running DVD Shrink on any. That includes the original Nero-burning .exe or the Imgburn modified .exe.

Back