• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Laptop no longer sees Hauppauge HD PVR

just curious

My Hauppauge HD PVR is no longer seen as connected to my laptop running Windows 7 64
(No sounds are made when usb cord is plugged in or disconnected & it does not show as connected in device manager)

All the USB ports on the laptop still see everything else that is plugged into them (external drives, phones, printers etc. all still show as connected)

The Hauppauge HD PVR is not at fault as it works perfect when connected to my Windows 7 64 desktop.

As the laptop saw the Hauppauge HD PVR yesterday I did a system restore but it still can't see it when I connect it to a USB port.

I've tried different usb cords but my laptop still can't see that the Hauppauge is connected.

I've contacted Hauppauge support on this issue but until they respond does anyone know what may be causing this?

Try turning your laptop off and plug the Hauppauge into the USB port with the Hauppauge powered up. Then, boot your laptop. Just a possible cure from an old memory - no comment on the cause.

I had already tried that.

Try turning your laptop off and plug the Hauppauge into the USB port with the Hauppauge powered up. Then, boot your laptop. Just a possible cure from an old memory - no comment on the cause.

I forgot to mention that I had already tried what you suggested. Laptop does not respond at all to the Hauppauge.

I tried installing the driver again but get this error. "Drivers have NOT been updated. Compatible hardware not found."

I can still use the Hauppauge on my Desktop. The Desktop sees the Hauppauge as soon as I plug it in to it's USB 2.0 port and I've already done a few recordings. It also records fine if plugged into one of the Desktop's USB 3.0 ports.

Everything EXCEPT the Hauppauge is seen by the laptop when connected to it's USB 2.0 port.

Both computers have USB 3.0 ports as well and although the Hauppauge is designed for USB 2.0 it works fine if plugged into a USB 3.0 port.

Laptop has one USB 2.0 port and two USB 3.0 ports. None of the ports respond when I connect the Hauppauge.

Problem solved - It was a bad ac adapter!

I forgot to mention that I had already tried what you suggested. Laptop does not respond at all to the Hauppauge.

I tried installing the driver again but get this error. "Drivers have NOT been updated. Compatible hardware not found."

I can still use the Hauppauge on my Desktop. The Desktop sees the Hauppauge as soon as I plug it in to it's USB 2.0 port and I've already done a few recordings. It also records fine if plugged into one of the Desktop's USB 3.0 ports.

Everything EXCEPT the Hauppauge is seen by the laptop when connected to it's USB 2.0 port.

Both computers have USB 3.0 ports as well and although the Hauppauge is designed for USB 2.0 it works fine if plugged into a USB 3.0 port.

Laptop has one USB 2.0 port and two USB 3.0 ports. None of the ports respond when I connect the Hauppauge.

When I connected the Hauppauge to my desktop I used an extra Hauppauge ac adapter I had on hand.

BOTH ac adapters when plugged in would cause a blue light next to the Hauppauge power button to come on.

When I swapped ac adapters the Hauppauge was seen right away on the laptop but not on the desktop.

One of the ac adapters was no longer capable of fully powering up the Hauppauge.

When I connected the Hauppauge to my desktop I used an extra Hauppauge ac adapter I had on hand.

BOTH ac adapters when plugged in would cause a blue light next to the Hauppauge power button to come on.

When I swapped ac adapters the Hauppauge was seen right away on the laptop but not on the desktop.

One of the ac adapters was no longer capable of fully powering up the Hauppauge.

Blame it on the power adapter!!! We all know you just forgot to plug in the other end - just kidding. Probably a dual voltage adapter and one of the voltages is low or missing. Glad you found your problem and can Hauppauge on down the road!:rock:

Last edited:
A google search said it could be the ac adapter.

Blame it on the power adapter!!! We all know you just forgot to plug in the other end - just kidding. Probably a dual voltage adapter and one of the voltages is low or missing. Glad you found your problem and can Hauppauge on down the road!:rock:

When I first had the issue I assumed it was either a bad ac adapter or that it was unplugged or I had accidently turned the Hauppauge off.

Next to the power switch is a blue light that comes on when the unit is turned on. At all times the blue light was lit while I was troubleshooting.

A google search revealed that just because the blue light was on it did not mean the ac adapter was good.

I happened to have another Hauppauge 5 volt 2 amp adapter & was able to confirm that one of the adapters was not putting out 5 volts at 2 amps.

Back