• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

KOTOR 1 Not Working

hacam

Hello all,

I just got GameJackal, but I can't get it to work. Sorry in advance for my lack of knowledge about this product.

First off, system info. I'm running GameJackel v3.2.14 and Windows 7 32-bit. Standard laptop w/ 2GB RAM and a Intel Centrino. (Sad, I know... :( )

I have a physical, legit copy of KOTOR. I installed it, and then created a profile for the play disk. However, when I try to run it, I get the following error from KOTOR.

Conflict with Disk Emulator Software detected. See _____ for more info.

In my limited investigation, I first turned on advanced logging; I have attached the log zip it created. I have also attached a screenshot of the Performance tab of the GameJackel window that comes up after. As you can see, 2 are great and 1 isn't. I have also attached snapshots of the other windows in case that helps.

Thanks in advance for any help given! I really appreciate it.

Attachments

• Knights of the Old Republic.zip
    434.3 KB · Views: 1
  • Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    65.3 KB · Views: 7
  • Capture2.JPG
    Capture2.JPG
    58.5 KB · Views: 3
  • Capture3.JPG
    Capture3.JPG
    42.2 KB · Views: 3
I am

I am using the latest version. Unless I am missing something major, 3.2.14 is the most recent version offered on the SlySoft website.

Still nothing

Ok, thanks for pointing me to that. I uninstalled everything, restarted, installed the RC, restarted, and tried again. Same problem. The pictures are the same and I get the Securom error when I try to play.

However, I decided to try another game (SW Battlefront I) and it works great. It is also protected by Securom, but it plays perfectly.

Any other ideas? I'm tempted to just ditch this product and resort to NOCD cracks. :p

We are about to release RC2 (v4.0.1.4)... this should be the last RC before release. Try this as it has a number of fixes in the area.

No Change :(

ok, I updated to the latest RC (RC2). KOTOR I still does not work. I get the exact same error message, the exact same results (see pics in 1st post) and nothing new. Battlefront I still works perfectly though.

First are you running v4.0.1.5?
If so can re-capture and then post the log files.

I just upgraded.

Unfortunately, no improvement. Attached is the new log file after removing the profile, remaking it, and trying to test it.

Thanks for your help!

Attachments

• Knights of the Old Republic.zip
    111.1 KB · Views: 0
We are looking into this issue. Does the error message popup during capture, or just emulation?

Re

It only occurs during emulation, creation works great. It launches the game, I quit the game, and it builds.

Also, when I created the profile this time, I used the Automatic option in case something was wrong with the KOTOR setting. No change.

Thank you for your help!

Please try this.

1) Start the profile while holding down the shift key. Doing this start the profile, but does not launch the game.
2) Launch the game form the start menu.

Let me know if that works.

Hmmm... ok, try this.

As before start the game with the shift key down. However before starting the game, kill the manager.exe process using taskmanager. Then start the game via the start menu.

Still nothing. :(

I should also mention I'm using v1.03 of KOTOR, the latest version. I don't know if that makes any difference though.

Well that is interesting. The problem here is that if the manager is not running, I don't know what they are detecting.

Please try this.
1) Edit the profile and set the driver option to 512 and the debug value to 40.
2) Insert the DVD (very important).
3) Start the profile (ensuring the profile starts the game).

This test will allow the game to read some data directly off the DVD. If it works, it will give us an idea as to the issue. If that doesn't work try changing the driver option to 256.

Thanks... can you please try

Run regedit, go to "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\SlySoft\GameJackalv4" and change the value "Error On No DAT" to 1.

Try and run the profile again (make sure driver option is set to 0 and DVD removed).

Once you have tested, set value back to 0 otherwise other profiles may stop working.

Re

Since you didn't mention the debug value, I kept it at 40 and changed the driver value to 0.

I got the error message.

Back