• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

King OF Kong outfoxes SlySoft still?

lmc

I've been working on this King of Kong DVD this entire weekend and for an entire 2 week period this past January, also. I've read, reread, reread, and reread yet again each of these posts regarding this movie back problem.

I'm not super fluent on this stuff - more than others but definitely not as well versed or knowledgeable as some - and when I have been trying the things suggested in each "thread" or post - I can't get a good burn/backup copy that works for this film.

I have been able to successfully run it through AnyDVD until I tried implementing the suggestion by the webmaster about opening up AnyDVD, hitting the "default" and then "ok" buttons - After doing this - AnyDVD cannot run through the film - I get an error. I now do not know how to reset AnyDVD back to its previously working status - or options chosen - the option selected before I did this.

I have burned two copies of this film - each appearing to be good - and each running fine until I actually get to the movie part - menu and previews are perfect - but movie "stutters" and there is no sound.

These posts appear to have different suggestions - and I am attempting to see if I have accurately applied all of the alternative or solution options for this problem correctly while trying to burn a backup copy of this film.

Two questions:

1. Could I get information on how to set my AnyDVD back to its previous settings - these are the settings that I had from when I did a clean install of it yesterday, vs. 6.4.2.0? As I noted above - once I altered AnyDVD as suggested by webslinger, AnyDVD no longer is able to read the disc, errors out - when previously it could get through the disc. I cannot get the error to replicate now - but it says something about a read error. I've never had this problem with AnyDVD before with any dvd - and did not have this problem with AnyDVD with this same dvd earlier today, before hitting the "default" option.

2. Could I please get a clean summary - a final summary of a solution that appears to work for people for this movie - having one that doesn't give alternative options for different scenarios that I am not facing (ie: I am not using dvd+r media - so I don't need this information in the summary - and this information adds confusion to what I am reading)

I believe that I have utilized information consistently and exactly as it is presented from each post - looked at each link guiding me to alternate/additional steps as noted by the moderator, webslinger, also.

I am currently using verbatim dvd-r 16X blank media,

have a 9000 series hp pavillion with an xp media center edition os with sp 2 installed

IDE\CDROMHL-DT-ST_DVDRAM_GSA-4084N
Device Type - DVD/CD-Rom drives
Manufacturer - (Standard CD-Rom Drives)

To date I have made multiple copies using directions as noted here by the moderator - resulting in the clear preview and menu but the stuttering movie with no sound

utilized information from moderator from other two postings, attempted to burn using information posted in response to webslinger from user in this email (posted by Krisl19) - and discovered that what the moderator noted about unshrunk as output is correct - so I obviously could not burn appx 7mb onto my single layer, 4.7 mb blank media. I have used a combination of information posted by Krisl19 - used AnyDVD to rip files to my harddrive and then used my DVD Shrink and Decrypter to burn a backup copy (plays nicely, smoothly throughout - but no sound) - and I am now at wits end.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
lmc

Last edited:
in addition

just played the 4th copy that I have made of this nasty dvd - still no luck. previews and menus are perfect - get to the film - stuttering and no volume. This last one was made using a combination of webslingers suggestions and another person posting - used any dvd to burn it to my harddrive and shrink/img to create the iso file and decrypter to burn onto media.

I was wondering if all of these problems are associated with the silly rom features embedded on the dvd as special features - the ones that allow the viewer to interact on the computer. I don't want this particular special feature - but cannot figure out how to separate it from the rest of the dvd. Does anybody have any opinion on this idea about the computer rom features messing up the back-up process - could this be the problem?
If it is or could be the problem - does anybody have any suggestions on how to backup all of the dvd without the computer rom features? I would like the other extras and the menu - just don't need or want the computer stuff.

Thank you again for any suggestions or input - lmc

1. We need to know the exact error message you are getting. A screenshot of the error message would be great, too.
  2. Since I don't know what your old settings were before you hit the "Default" button there is no way for us to tell you how to change your settings back.
  3. The thread you replied to is quite old and much has changed since February. Numerous new versions of AnyDVD have been released so we can't just continue from what was discussed in February without starting from the beginning.

Please do the following

1. Ensure AnyDVD is running.
  2. Put the problematic original movie DVD in your burner. Wait for AnyDVD to scan the disc.
  3. Right click the red fox icon on your toolbar.
  4. Select "Create Logfile".
  5. Wait for AnyDVD to create a log file.
  6. A pop-up screen will appear. Take note of the location where AnyDVD created the logfile and the logfile's name. Click "OK".
  7. Go to your "My Documents" folder.
  8. You will see a ZIP file called "AnyDVD_Info_titleofmydisc.zip" (or something similar; see step f).
  9. When replying or posting in the SlySoft forums, look for the icon that looks like
    attach.gif
    (in other words, look for the paperclip after clicking "quote" or when creating a new thread).
  10. If you don't see that paperclip icon, click the "go advanced" button. You should see that icon now. Click the paperclip.
  11. A small pop-up screen should appear (if it doesn't, please ensure your browser is configured to allow pop-ups from the SlySoft forum).
  12. Click the "Browse" button and locate and select the ZIP file you created.
  13. Click "upload".
  14. Close the window. When you submit reply, or submit a new thread, the ZIP file will be attached automatically for us to take a look at.

Edit
: Actually, Krisl19 never even did what Webslinger asked at the end.

Last edited:
Posts merged into a single thread. One was enough. :)

I don't understand posting to "threads" - so when you say this - I don't know what it means - don't know anything about merging.

I noted that the AnyDVD settings were the original settings from when I downloaded the updated/newest version yesterday. So, whatever the settings are when AnyDVD is installed is what I need to get it back to.

I reran AnyDVD 3 times after I altered it by hitting the "default" + "ok" buttons in the AnyDVD screen - and received that error and it couldn't get through the movie - couldn't scan through it - although, it previously did successfully run through it numerous times yesterday and today without an error reading. I ran AnyDVD another 2 times right before sending the post through - and did not receive the error that I noted in the post - so, to summarize:
*I received the error warning 3 times after altering AnyDVD late this afternoon according to webslinger's instructions
*wrote the post - about 2 hours after last error message
*attempted to run AnyDVD a 4th and 5th time in an attempt to recreate the error for the post, before submitting it to the site
*error did not occur these last two times
*created 2 more files -> burns - neither worked
*have made 4 copies total (to DVD media) since yesterday - attempting to follow the myriad of directions and ideas posted on the site specially regarding this DVD - none work.
*I cannot get error reading again - because it is no longer occurring - but I wonder if it is going to act up or be a problem and want to reset it back to what I had from the install.

I hope that this clarifies some of the things that I have posted and how/why I am posting this way. :eek:

Last edited:
I don't understand posting to "threads" - so when you say this - I don't know what it means - don't know anything about merging.

You posted the same message twice. You posted it in the very old thread involving Krisl9 and then in a completely different thread that you created. There was no need to do that. Post the problem once.

With troubleshooting threads such as yours it's best to begin your own thread especially when you are reply to a topic that is months old such as you did with the previous thread involving Krisl9.

Anyway, let's try to resolve your actual problem. I need more information.

So are you saying that when you click on Create Logfile... that you can't create a log file?

When you install a newer version on top of an old version the settings remain the same as what they were with the previous version. If you uninstall and then reinstall AnyDVD the settings will be at Default.

I don't have the disc, I don't know what error you are getting, and I don't have the logs to view. Without seeing the log files or knowing the error message you received I am going to have very little chance of helping you. It's possible you have a bad disc, you might have filters installed that are causing a problem such as those that are part of packet-writing software, your DVD drive may be acting up, etc. I can't give you any specific answers or solutions without more information to go on.

Last edited:
I noticed that Krisl19 ultimately did NOT do what webslinger said to do - but, after running through webslinger's instructions - each set at least once and one set 2x - I resorted to using what Krisl19 suggested - then a tweaked version of Krisl19's idea because the one posted created a HUGE file (as webslinger noted it should) - was able to successfully create a compressed file - successful looking burn using Shrink/IMG and Decrypter - but burned a bad copy with all of the same problems noted before - great menu and previews - even ran through the opening "Picture House" logo too - but movie stuttered and no volume for actual film.

All of these different things - have PERFECTLY replicated each according to directions (to the best that I can tell) - even used Krisl19's version and a tweaked version - no luck.
No answer that works from webslinger nor postings by other people - hence my asking for a simple summary of the most recent solution - and one that is tailored to my specific media and burner - which I didn't think would be too hard to get because everything I use is common and mainstream - nothing unusual, basic media (dvd-r, verbatim 16x) - common computer with factory installed hardware and burner - super common, basic os system, too.

Thank you again for any ideas and suggestions - and your patience, too ;)
lmc

Last edited by a moderator:
I noticed that Krisl19 ultimately did NOT do what webslinger said to do - but, after running through webslinger's instructions - each set at least once and one set 2x - I resorted to using what Krisl19 suggested - then a tweaked version of Krisl19's idea because the one posted created a HUGE file (as webslinger noted it should) - was able to successfully create a compressed file - successful looking burn using Shrink/IMG and Decrypter - but burned a bad copy with all of the same problems noted before - great menu and previews - even ran through the opening "Picture House" logo too - but movie stuttered and no volume for actual film.

All of these different things - have PERFECTLY replicated each according to directions (to the best that I can tell) - even used Krisl19's version and a tweaked version - no luck.
No answer that works from webslinger nor postings by other people - hence my asking for a simple summary of the most recent solution - and one that is tailored to my specific media and burner - which I didn't think would be too hard to get because everything I use is common and mainstream - nothing unusual, basic media (dvd-r, verbatim 16x) - common computer with factory installed hardware and burner - super common, basic os system, too.

Thank you again for any ideas and suggestions - and your patience, too ;)
lmc

Alright, at this point I don't care what Krisl9 did or didn't do or what Webslinger said or didn't say. :)

Please do what I am asking you to do and post the log files. :D

1. Ensure AnyDVD is running.
  2. Put the problematic original movie DVD in your burner. Wait for AnyDVD to scan the disc.
  3. Right click the red fox icon on your toolbar.
  4. Select "Create Logfile".
  5. Wait for AnyDVD to create a log file.
  6. A pop-up screen will appear. Take note of the location where AnyDVD created the logfile and the logfile's name. Click "OK".
  7. Go to your "My Documents" folder.
  8. You will see a ZIP file called "AnyDVD_Info_titleofmydisc.zip" (or something similar; see step f).
  9. When replying or posting in the SlySoft forums, look for the icon that looks like
    attach.gif
    (in other words, look for the paperclip after clicking "quote" or when creating a new thread).
  10. If you don't see that paperclip icon, click the "go advanced" button. You should see that icon now. Click the paperclip.
  11. A small pop-up screen should appear (if it doesn't, please ensure your browser is configured to allow pop-ups from the SlySoft forum).
  12. Click the "Browse" button and locate and select the ZIP file you created.
  13. Click "upload".
  14. Close the window. When you submit reply, or submit a new thread, the ZIP file will be attached automatically for us to take a look at.

You posted the same message twice. You posted it in the very old thread involving Krisl9 and then in a completely different thread that you created. There was no need to do that. Post the problem once.

With troubleshooting threads such as yours it's best to begin your own thread especially when you are reply to a topic that is months old such as you did with the previous thread involving Krisl9.

Anyway, let's try to resolve your actual problem. I need more information.

So are you saying that when you click on Create Logfile... that you can't create a log file?

When you install a newer version on top of an old version the settings remain the same as what they were with the previous version. If you uninstall and then reinstall AnyDVD the settings will be at Default.

I don't have the disc, I don't know what error you are getting, and I don't have the logs to view. Without seeing the log files or knowing the error message you received I am going to have very little chance of helping you. It's possible you have a bad disc, you might have filters installed that are causing a problem such as those that are part of packet-writing software, your DVD drive may be acting up, etc. I can't give you any specific answers or solutions without more information to go on.

I'm sorry - I noted that I reran that post a 2nd time - creating a new thread because I saw that webslinger asked us to do so - I created the new thread, posted the note the 2nd time but didn't realize that the post would show up twice in my new thread.

AnyDVD is no longer showing an error - and I am still having the same problems - and the media that is freshly burned plays showing the same types of problems that other people note. I am successfully burning backups of others - even somewhat difficult ones such as "The Golden Compass" - no problems - using SlySoft or any other of the programs that I own and have noted in a couple of these posts.

So - there are no longer any errors - and
I am still having issues with symptoms that are similar/same as other people as noted in the forum.

*factory movie is new - right out of the package with no visible signs of damage or irregularities
*No error with any software with any movies
*AnyDVD runs through factory burned movie now - as it did before yesterday and this morning when I burned two of my first bad copies
*all other output is fine - successfully creating backups for all other dvds - have created about 8 in the last 48 hours - no problems - total of appx 22 this week - no problems
*the symptoms (output on blank media) is identical to problems other people have with this disc and it is not noted to have problems but it is noted to have problematic encryption

Considering this summary - I am concluding that this is most likely trouble with the encryption and the software is not able to work through it - that no software is able to get through it easily.

1. Has ANYBODY successfully gotten through it on this particular movie? If so, how did they do it?
2. Is there a way that I can avoid including the dvd-rom/computer/internet program in the extras in my files?
3. If so, how can I figure out which are the files that go with this particular feature in the extras?
4. When do I eliminate the dvd-rom/computer/internet files from the process - from the very beginning during the IFO/burn process, during the ISO process? When? Help - :confused:

thank you again for your time and patience and for detailing instructions for me :p

update with attachment/log file - as requested

AnyDVD is now acting up again with Kong - here is the log file attachment
snapshot of error coming next
can only attach one file per message

Attachments

• AnyDVD_Info_G_KING_OF_KONG.zip
    158.4 KB · Views: 23
AnyDVD is now acting up again with Kong - here is the log file attachment
snapshot of error coming next
can only attach one file per message

That's fine. I'll look at the logs. Post the snapshot in another post. :)

compute 1 of 15
authenticate_drive: obtain 0
agid 0
client a5152f1189ba8e4b14a9
key1 f654b3a953
variant 0
host 890c700bce964fc0054e
key2 37bdb61d9f
challenge f654b3a95337bdb61d9f
bus d716fa84dc
report titlekey failed, sense 5:6f:1
authenticate_drive: obtain 1
agid 0
client a5152f1189ba8e4b14a9
key1 f654b3a953
variant 0
host 4e1931f74f4ed652ae6a
key2 75475d62ea
challenge f654b3a95375475d62ea
bus 691675d886
player 1 of 34
player 1 of 34
disc 2b36e4e9d7
report titlekey failed, sense 5:6f:2
authenticate_drive: obtain 1
agid 0

title 1 range 635-654 654-75152 (M 654, T 0) 0-0 key none

From looking at the log files it appears that at least one titlekey is not being obtained which means that the related title won't be correctly decrypted. This usually happens when someone hasn't set their DVD drive region. Your drive is set, however, so I don't know why this is happening.

I'll see if I can get my hands on this disc so I can test it, myself, but it won't be tonight.

AnyDVD is now acting up again with Kong

What does that mean?

Answer the following questions, fully.

• State the full error message(s) you encountered (click "details"),
  • tell us what program(s) you were using when you received the error message(s), and
  • describe in detail what you were doing when you received the error message(s). What problem are you having exactly?

2. At what speed are you burning your blank media?

Last edited:
used any dvd to burn it to my harddrive

1. Anydvd doesn't "burn" anything. Do you mean rip? If so, how did you use anydvd to rip?

2. Watch that rip on your hard drive using Powerdvd or dvd playback software. Does the rip play fine on your computer?

Last edited:
used AnyDVD to rip files to my harddrive

You used Anydvd ripper, right? All you have to do is attempt to play that rip on your hard drive. If it plays fine, the problem has nothing to do with Anydvd.

and then used my DVD Shrink

I hope the original disc was not in your system when you were using Shrink.

This is pretty simple to figure out: a) Click the red fox icon on your toolbar. Click "default". Click "ok". b)right-click on the fox icon on your toolbar and select "Rip video-dvd to Hard Disk". Choose your source and destination paths. Click "Copy", and wait for Anydvd ripper to finish. Now remove the original disc from your drive. Use Powerdvd or dvd playback software. Use the select the "video_ts" folder as the source. Does the rip play fine?

Last edited:
update with screen shot of error - as requested

...and, here is a snapshot of the error that appears on AnyDVD/Kong run

thanks for your input :p
lmc

Attachments

• KongSnapshotAnyDVD.jpg
    KongSnapshotAnyDVD.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 39

thanks for your input :p
lmc

Could you please click on the Details button and see what error code is shown and then tell us exactly what the code was?

Last edited:

1)That's not the full error message. So do what Drinklyeanddie wrote, please.

2) Click this

Do what it says to do

Last edited:
This disc is a New Line release. The protection on this disc will not allow you to make a backup with DVD Shrink and AnyDVD running in the background. The results of doing so will be audio issues, stuttering, freezing, jittering, jumping, etc.

1. Put the original King of Kong DVD in your DVD drive
  2. Right-click on the fox icon in your systray near the clock
  3. Click on Rip Video DVD to Harddisk...
  4. Select the drive the disc is in
  5. Select an output location
  6. Click Copy DVD

When it is finished then view the DVD from your HDD and see if you have any audio or video issues.

Last edited:
Back