• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

keydb.cfg import

Lukas

Could someone please explain in detail how this function works? is this for keys that can be found on the internet and then imported into ANYDVD? or is it possible to somehow get keys from physical UHDs? Thank you

Should be a topic-related question: Does the file get copied somewhere, like the AnyDVD program folder or do I only point AnyDVD to it when I select the file? If so, I should store the file where I won't move it?
Would it be possible to make AnyDVD copy the file to the program directory to avoid this?

Should be a topic-related question: Does the file get copied somewhere, like the AnyDVD program folder or do I only point AnyDVD to it when I select the file? If so, I should store the file where I won't move it?
Would it be possible to make AnyDVD copy the file to the program directory to avoid this?
You put it where you want it and just point AnyDVD to it. Anything else just makes it complicated.

The preferred location is C:\Users\your name\AppData\Roaming\aacs\keydb.cfg. Players like vlc, I think jriver, use the file to play movies without decrypting

Yes. It's where I recommend putting it for many reasons.
I'm not sure that vlc, or jriver will play uhd without decryption, but have found regular blurays that they can play with the key file.

The preferred location is C:\Users\your name\AppData\Roaming\aacs\keydb.cfg. Players like vlc, I think jriver, use the file to play movies without decrypting
Oh right, I forgot about it and only thought about using it with AnyDVD now... since with it, I don't need VLC to use it.

I'm not sure that vlc, or jriver will play uhd without decryption, but have found regular blurays that they can play with the key file.
VLC and other free players can play UHD discs with just libaacs if the disc is is the keydb, you use a friendly drive, and have access to a host certificate which hasn't been revoked

VLC and other free players can play UHD discs with just libaacs if the disc is is the keydb, you use a friendly drive, and have access to a host certificate which hasn't been revoked
I've not tested the theory and suspect because the drive would still report bus encryption it won't work, but what about a drive that has libredrive enabled? Technically even though the drive reports bus encryption it's not bus encrypted in that case and a host cert wouldn't be necessary. But vlc would have no way of knowing this.

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk

I've not tested the theory and suspect because the drive would still report bus encryption it won't work, but what about a drive that has libredrive enabled?
If LibreDrive is enabled/active, then you are right that libaacs won't be aware that bus encryption has been disabled (similar to AnyDVD before the current level of MakeMKV integration).

Technically even though the drive reports bus encryption it's not bus encrypted in that case and a host cert wouldn't be necessary. But vlc would have no way of knowing this.
It is possible to add support for detecting whether LibreDrive is active in libaacs but I don't think it will be merged any time soon. The easier option would be to allow the option to ignore bus encryption, decrypt content using the provided unit key and check the validity of the decrypted file as per the existing _verify_ts implementation

I should grab the source code one of these days and play around a little.

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk

Since this is only for titles that are supported but anyDVD doesn't currently have in it's DB not sure it's worth doing? They could also add an update function to but it starts getting into a lot of work. It maybe worth it if they want to add an offline feature in case you lose internet or anyDVD db goes down. I never particularly was a fan of UHD requiring an internet connection.

All UHD decrypting program require internet access. And it is easy to download the file and just point AnyDVD to it.

The thing that isn't really discussed about the keydb.cfg file and the "just download it and point AnyDVD to it" advice....It needs to be updated regularly. And while that may sound obvious, it's not been stated very often in all the advice I've seen. They update the keydb.cfg file every few hours. So updating it regularly is a good practice.

The thing that isn't really discussed about the keydb.cfg file and the "just download it and point AnyDVD to it" advice....It needs to be updated regularly. And while that may sound obvious, it's not been stated very often in all the advice I've seen. They update the keydb.cfg file every few hours. So updating it regularly is a good practice.
Yeah the update part is a problem as it's updated every day. Perhaps a sticky about this would be helpful.
All UHD decrypting program require internet access. And it is easy to download the file and just point AnyDVD to it.

True initially you need an internet connection but only AnyDVD and their competitor requires repeat connections even if you decrypted the disc (unless that's changed). MakeMKV however will download and store the keys, and once you have decrypted a disc, you can copy them to another computer and rip it again offline.

Back