• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Just need a bit of clarification in the whole license debacle

ComputerGeek2600

Hello,

At present, I can't justify a new purchase for a license I thought was for the lifetime of the product. I purchased a license for Slysoft's AnyDVD and CloneDVD back in 2008. I just found out that Slysoft is no more and now my licence is no longer valid. Now I don't use AnyDVD much, just when I want to copy a movie to my hard drive to share across my networked devices. I've also discovered that DVDs released after Feb 2016, will not be decrypted so my copy attempts will fail. The first time this happened, not too long ago, I thought it was maybe the movie. Never once thought it was the program that seemed to be working just fine. I also have a lifetime license to CloneDVD and from what I read, it should be fine.

Another problem I have, I don't trust using my debit card in a new purchase here. I may just have to get a prepaid card or figure out how this bitcoin thing works.

So my question is; is there even a discount for long time members or are we just screwed and have to buy it again? I can provide a license number if needed. I just want to be able upgrade my program and have it work properly again.

I've been poking the forums for a bit, trying to make sense of what happened and how to rectify this issue on my end. Any advise, tips, links, would be much appreciated. I know y'all are tired of these questions.

Thanks.

If you can, wait until RedFox has a 20% discount. If you cant, there is always a 10% discount using Bitcoin.

Hello,

At present, I can't justify a new purchase for a license I thought was for the lifetime of the product. I purchased a license for Slysoft's AnyDVD and CloneDVD back in 2008.
You had plenty of free uses since that lifetime license and you still can't justify it? What I can't justify is you had it that long and never had to pay since 2008 and still can't justify it-this mystifies me here....

I just found out that Slysoft is no more and now my licence is no longer valid. Now I don't use AnyDVD much, just when I want to copy a movie to my hard drive to share across my networked devices. I've also discovered that DVDs released after Feb 2016, will not be decrypted so my copy attempts will fail. The first time this happened, not too long ago, I thought it was maybe the movie. Never once thought it was the program that seemed to be working just fine.
Your license was through Slysoft not RedFox and nothing RedFox can do about it and it will still work until 7.6.9.5 and that is all but you get no access to the latest DVD and BD OPD access that is the restriction. The program works just fine you-your license only works up to 7.6.9.5 and no more.

I also have a lifetime license to CloneDVD and from what I read, it should be fine.
Different company and trying to make connections where there isn't none to be had. I also have lifetime CloneDVD but then again CloneDVD isn't Anydvd HD so the comparison is mute.

Another problem I have, I don't trust using my debit card in a new purchase here. I may just have to get a prepaid card or figure out how this bitcoin thing works.
Some prepaid don't allow overseas purchase and bitcoin you will to register and buy bitcoin to make purchases. Most made Visa purchase just fine and you use your debit at far more places and other online purchases and yet you trust those sites. Asking to be more privileged won't go far here.

So my question is; is there even a discount for long time members or are we just screwed and have to buy it again? I can provide a license number if needed. I just want to be able upgrade my program and have it work properly again.
The discount was something they did for Slysoft users for 2 months and they couldn't done no discount and made everyone pay full price. Missing it doesn't give one more privilege then others that will not happen because you missed it.

I've been poking the forums for a bit, trying to make sense of what happened and how to rectify this issue on my end. Any advise, tips, links, would be much appreciated. I know y'all are tired of these questions.

Thanks.
Then you read the news and saw the Facts but fail to read all the posting and response they came back to keep the product going and could've closed a shop and left town and everyone Anydvd would fail immediately but no they came back and lifetime users seems to forget that. Nothing comes cheap or free in life if you want good products you pay for it that keeps the food on their table and development and update to the software coming. Discount or not AnyDVD HD works for what is does since you used it since 2008 that to me tells me you got plenty of work from it. Also RedFox was started by the employees Slysoft that balked and left overnight and they started from Scratch with only the software as their source of Money and ReDeveopment of the software so the rest of us could continue to use it. If you can't see the reason in that then nothing else anyone says will help. Also with your user name seems to be misleading as a Computer Geek would be knowledge already about this but seems to be not true here.

Last edited:
You had plenty of free uses since that lifetime license and you still can't justify it? What I can't justify is you had it that long and never had to pay since 2008 and still can't justify it-this mystifies me here....

Your license was through Slysoft not RedFox and nothing RedFox can do about it and it will still work until 7.6.9.5 and that is all but you get no access to the latest DVD and BD OPD access that is the restriction. The program works just fine you-your license only works up to 7.6.9.5 and no more.

Different company and trying to make connections where there isn't none to be had. I also have lifetime CloneDVD but then again CloneDVD isn't Anydvd HD so the comparison is mute.

Some prepaid don't allow overseas purchase and bitcoin you will to register and buy bitcoin to make purchases. Most made Visa purchase just fine and you use your debit at far more places and other online purchases and yet you trust those sites. Asking to be more privileged won't go far here.

The discount was something they did for Slysoft users for 2 months and they couldn't done no discount and made everyone pay full price. Missing it doesn't give one more privilege then others that will not happen because you missed it.

Then you read the news and saw the Facts but fail to read all the posting and response they came back to keep the product going and could've closed a shop and left town and everyone Anydvd would fail immediately but no they came back and lifetime users seems to forget that. Nothing comes cheap or free in life if you want good products you pay for it that keeps the food on their table and development and update to the software coming. Discount or not AnyDVD HD works for what is does since you used it since 2008 that to me tells me you got plenty of work from it. Also RedFox was started by the employees Slysoft that balked and left overnight and they started from Scratch with only the software as their source of Money and ReDeveopment of the software so the rest of us could continue to use it. If you can't see the reason in that then nothing else anyone says will help. Also with your user name seems to be misleading as a Computer Geek would be knowledge already about this but seems to be not true here.

Let me start by saying, not everyone is rich enough to justify a $123 usd purchase for software they'll rarely use. I don't even own a copy of MS Word for that reason, as useful as it may be. When software is that expensive, lets just say, I have more important things to pay for. I like AnyDVD but if a long time user can't even receive any kind of compensation for software from a company that went bust then somehow came back, then I'll just have to keep using the version I have till it becomes useless.

Lifetime is supposed to be for the life of the product, not the company because from my view, it just changed hands without much of a notice. I guess you and I have different ideas of what that means, as do several other frustrated customers on here.

What makes me skeptical about using my bank's debit card is the fact that this is overseas and I saw posts about using a Chinese payment processor, forgive me if I find that just a bit too untrustworthy. I'd much rather go thru paypal where I'd at least have a chance to get my money back if something goes sour. I don't know how this bitcoin works or what services is considered OK to use, it's all a bit sketchy to me. I feel like, somewhere along the lines it's bushing the lines between legal and illegal.

And the whole company going bust thing, I just learned about it last night when I went to download an update and noticed the name change and a note asking users to buy it again. I was about to say, screw it and not bother but I wanted to understand this a bit more. I don't care if it's a new company, from my perspective, it's all an elaborate scheme to force existing users to pay again. An act that's frowned upon in the US and I've encountered several overseas companies pull those sort of stunts. Oh well.

I wouldn't mind paying again if the asking price wasn't so steep and I'm not asking for special treatment, just to be treated fairly as an existing user of the software. To me, it's just not worth it.

@ComputerGeek2600 All your concerns, fears, and points are legitimate. However here you have entered a realm where everyone is flush with cash and void of skepticism. The Unicorn, Shangri la atmospheric nature of this realm renders all of your concerns, fears and points insignificant. In the voice of Yoda, it is, "Have you not understood anything you have read, purchase or not purchase. There is no questioning."

@ComputerGeek2600 All your concerns, fears, and points are legitimate. However here you have entered a realm where everyone is flush with cash and void of skepticism. The Unicorn, Shangri la atmospheric nature of this realm renders all of your concerns, fears and points insignificant. In the voice of Yoda, it is, "Have you not understood anything you have read, purchase or not purchase. There is no questioning."

Alright, then explain to me what it really means to possess a lifetime license to some software. Is it not similar to how Microsoft does their licensing, even though they charge per major version of the software? I don't buy software often but when I do, I'd prefer to only do it once.

If you can, wait until RedFox has a 20% discount. If you cant, there is always a 10% discount using Bitcoin.

Any idea on when that might be, per chance?

As for Bitcoin, I'm gonna find someone or a video to show me how it works. The skepticism is quite high in me.

Alright, then explain to me what it really means to possess a lifetime license to some software. Is it not similar to how Microsoft does their licensing, even though they charge per major version of the software? I don't buy software often but when I do, I'd prefer to only do it once.
Let me englighten you - your lifetime was with Slysoft nothing to do with Redfox. If you want to continue with what duties then you will have to buy RedFox to use it. There is no other way around this you pay to use - no freebie because you were a Slysoft lifetime I was one and paid to get the latest and support them.

Who knows life may end tomorrow. The software for the price especially if you get the lifetime will be worth more then the money you pay for it. No other software can do what it can do and say it.

As for Bitcoin, I'm gonna find someone or a video to show me how it works. The skepticism is quite high in me.
Others on here have used it and had no problems and some had so alot depends on how you do it. I used Visa not a prepaid Visa and got it to work.

That is the catch22 here. Slysoft's software was not unique and is still not unique. However it was very effective. I know from the dvd burning forum I use to help moderate, that I directed at least 20 people towards the software. Because it was the most effective out there, once some of the other burning programs that also decrypted the disc shutdown. As you have read and been told Slysoft shutdown, and Redfox rose, your skepticism on that is not unusual.

You really do not have many choices as for as regular dvd's and blu ray disc's. I do not know anything about bluray's at all. As for regular dvd's there is still one program with the help of a decrypter plugin that is very effective on discs pre 2007 and after mid 2014. But there is no 100% certainty on the pre 2007 and post 2014 discs. As for the time period between 2007 and mid 2014 there are a lot of disc that the program cannot even open to analyze. I will not name it because the program has been hijacked by profiteers and modified to load adware on your computer. Not that clean versions can't be found, but you do have to search for them.

It is safe to say that your Slysoft version will still work on some discs but if some new decryption scheme pops up it will not work. So you will be out of luck, unless you part with the cash. Which I know sometimes can be plain impossible to do.

As for paying with bitcoin. I would use circle. A US based financial company that acts somewhat like paypal, with the added advantage of handling bitcoin transfers with out you actually owning bitcoin.

That is the catch22 here. Slysoft's software was not unique and is still not unique. However it was very effective.
Your sadly mistaken on history here it was unique it did what others couldn't do and still can't do. Before Anydvd HD everything didn't give you the option to decrypt and make full backups.

I know from the dvd burning forum I use to help moderate, that I directed at least 20 people towards the software. Because it was the most effective out there, once some of the other burning programs that also decrypted the disc shutdown. As you have read and been told Slysoft shutdown, and Redfox rose, your skepticism on that is not unusual.
This is called misinformation this has been beaten til the horse was blue. Read the Stickes before feeding the trolls.

You really do not have many choices as for as regular dvd's and blu ray disc's. I do not know anything about bluray's at all. As for regular dvd's there is still one program with the help of a decrypter plugin that is very effective on discs pre 2007 and after mid 2014. But there is no 100% certainty on the pre 2007 and post 2014 discs. As for the time period between 2007 and mid 2014 there are a lot of disc that the program cannot even open to analyze. I will not name it because the program has been hijacked by profiteers and modified to load adware on your computer. Not that clean versions can't be found, but you do have to search for them.
What are you talking about Anydvd was already effective during those times and I've used it on plenty of DVD without problems. We don't need names but history needs to be corrected here giving misleading information to boster one claims is nothing short of hyperbole. I used CloneCD with Anydvd HD and backups worked fine.

It is safe to say that your Slysoft version will still work on some discs but if some new decryption scheme pops up it will not work. So you will be out of luck, unless you part with the cash. Which I know sometimes can be plain impossible to do.
Slysoft Anydvd HD is the software and it works up to 7.6.9.5 but not on movies after May 2016 as it will not decrypt DVD including BD as the OPD will be denied. If you want to use the latest Anydvd HD requires you buy a license to use it. No way around this.

As for paying with bitcoin. I would use circle. A US based financial company that acts somewhat like paypal, with the added advantage of handling bitcoin transfers with out you actually owning bitcoin.
Visa has worked fine for most if they block it you need to get on their case. I did and it worked.

Last edited:
Back