• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Just a matter of time

xmarine

It seems a bit hypocritical while most on the forums justify this software because of the mean ole movie industry ….people here decry “who are they to tell you not to make copies for backups”… all the while locking out LTL people and for that matter charging license fees for this same ole /new software?

Why even offer lifetime license?? Is it just a quick way to double revenue in a short period of time because deep down they know it’s just a matter of time before this company is stopped again.

I have to give props to the slysoft/redbox … they have amassed a rabid fan base that rivals even the mac and Android fanboys. Anydvd is fabulous software and I commend the devs. for doing such a great job for many years but maybe it time to open source the program and move on.

Those of you whom choose to keep supporting redfox with your hard earned money knowing this rendition will end as previous iterations have …“sucker” does seem fitting. All of you US buyers please note, you can and will be tracked when you purchase this type of software with paypal, visa, mastercard or American express and it’s only a matter of time. Those who truly use for backup purposes should be ok but others “most” bootlegging …. Well lets just say your time is limited.

It seems a bit hypocritical while most on the forums justify this software because of the mean ole movie industry ….people here decry “who are they to tell you not to make copies for backups”… all the while locking out LTL people and for that matter charging license fees for this same ole /new software?

Why even offer lifetime license?? Is it just a quick way to double revenue in a short period of time because deep down they know it’s just a matter of time before this company is stopped again.

I have to give props to the slysoft/redbox … they have amassed a rabid fan base that rivals even the mac and Android fanboys. Anydvd is fabulous software and I commend the devs. for doing such a great job for many years but maybe it time to open source the program and move on.

Those of you whom choose to keep supporting redfox with your hard earned money knowing this rendition will end as previous iterations have …“sucker” does seem fitting. All of you US buyers please note, you can and will be tracked when you purchase this type of software with paypal, visa, mastercard or American express and it’s only a matter of time. Those who truly use for backup purposes should be ok but others “most” bootlegging …. Well lets just say your time is limited.
No one says you have to buy a LTL, no one says you have to buy a license at all. It would be nice though if you would stop with the incessant whining. I don't know what you expect to prove by it. I doubt if your actions will stop anyone from wanting to buy it. Just wastes everyone's time. I'll take your "sucker" tag.

Those of you whom choose to keep supporting redfox with your hard earned money knowing this rendition will end as previous iterations have …

There has been (count them) ONE previous iteration(s). (good try it subtle spin there)
And I got ten years out of my Slysoft LTL. So yes - I can only hope it ends the just as the previous iteration did.
I really hope it's 10 years before I see another naysayer / whiner.... I know that much.
-W

I don't see the point of open sourcing the software. If someone wants to start a competing project, they are free to do so but good luck finding someone to host a potentially illegal/grey area software application.

I doubt the MPAA/AACS care about the individual user but more so the company. Besides Paypal is not going to be an option ever most likely. Even if we were being tracked, there are millions/billions of transactions occurring at all times of the day. Wouldn't it be a better use of their time going after people that are pirating media versus purchasing an application?

Xmarine: as has been suggested, join us and 'get on the bus' or 'get run over by the bus - your choice'.
Enough whining - certainly no DI at MCRD put up with this BS !

Moderators - don't normally join into the fracas, but isn't there some way to 'screen' some of the whining. I believe most of us who are following the forum posts are doing so for personal enrichment, not to listen to people who need a many or day nurse...
Just my 2 cents but it's getting old.
Personally I'm glad you're back and will be signing up for LTL within the week!

Shoot, for what they charge for a life-time license, I'd gladly pay for a yearly subscription. I spend twice that a week on DVDs.

Shoot, for what they charge for a life-time license, I'd gladly pay for a yearly subscription. I spend twice that a week on DVDs.

I think you nailed it. A skeptic can take a "wait and see" and go yearly.
A believer will go LTL and pay the ticket and take his chances.
I know these are honorable people - who are doing their very best to avoid the pitfalls that killed Slysoft.
-W

@xmarine, your opinion has been noted. Opinion noted, and filed appropriately.

My new RedFox licenses are working just fine, thank you very much.

Back