• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

James, Does 7.1.8.0 or 7.1.8.1 Cinavis Fix Support PowerDVD 13?

gaak

James,

Does the AnyDVD HD 7.1.8.0 or 7.1.8.1 Cinavia fix work with PowerDVD 13? I ask because it works with PowerDVD 12 but not the trial version of 13 on my system. I want to know if it's the software or my system as I have had trouble in the past getting the fix to work with 12 on my system.

Thanks

James,

Does the AnyDVD HD 7.1.8.0 or 7.1.8.1 Cinavia fix work with PowerDVD 13?
No. It would be mentioned in the changelog.

It may not be tested fully yet but I combined the latest ANYDVD HD 7.1.8.0 with POWERDVD13 and activated the Cinevia suppression flag and it seemed to work for me. I tested it with a disc that had already been ripped to hard drive as an image file with encryption removed and that disc originally had the Cinevia watermark and the combination allowed me to view the entire disc without issue.

This was using Windows 8 pro-64 with NVIDIA 610 video card with latest 314.22 video and HDMI audio drivers.

The same computer running POWERDVD12 failed the test with the fatal error already documented well in this forum and using the same disc as a test although all discs fail with this combination.

Looks promising for POWERDVD13 so far but I don't understand why this difference would occur between these 2 players.

Are you sure you used a Cinavia film? I've just tested on 2 systems. One with Win 8 Pro using the latest Nvidia drivers (same as yours) and one with Win 7 Pro using the same Nvidia drivers and both flag up the Cinavia in PDVD 13

HI Adbear,

I got my test system set up again today and re-ran the test I ran before with POWERDVD13.

I turned on the flag with ANYDVD HD 7.1.8.0 and played back a Blu-ray disc I had already ripped to hard drive with encryption removed. The disc is ROCK_OF_AGES which I know has the Cinevia watermark as I can make it happen.

This time the suppression didn't work so I got the message on the top right of the screen and the sound was muted as well. What was strange though is how long it took for this to happen. I think it was over an hour of playback before it came up. This is probably why I thought it had worked the first time I tried it as I doubt I waited that long for the test. When I did a similar test with POWERDVD12 and the same Blu-ray disc a while back (without ANYDVDHD active) the Cinevia message came up sooner than that but I didn't record the details at the time.

What is different between POWERDVD12 and 13 is that v12 aborts and dies with the fatal error when the ANYDVD suppression flag is turned on, while V13 runs fine and plays the movie back without issue until the Cinevia logic kicks in and mutes the sound anyway.

Techguy, do you have Data Execution Prevention (DEP) turned on for all programs, or just essential Windows programs & services? (Since you're a "tech guy" ;) I assume you know where to look.) If you use EMET, do you have DEP active on PDVD 12 and/or 13? From my idea of how the Cinavia fix must work, I wonder if DEP may be causing the inconsistent results with PDVD 12 (and possibly 13 also).

Techguy, do you have Data Execution Prevention (DEP) turned on for all programs, or just essential Windows programs & services? (Since you're a "tech guy" ;) I assume you know where to look.) If you use EMET, do you have DEP active on PDVD 12 and/or 13? From my idea of how the Cinavia fix must work, I wonder if DEP may be causing the inconsistent results with PDVD 12 (and possibly 13 also).

RBBrittain,

I use the system default where DEP is set to essential programs. It's not something I ever change on any system I use. I also don't use EMET (assuming you mean the Enhanced Migration Experience Toolkit).

My guess, and it is just a guess, is that the Cinevia fix in ANYDVD HD is trying to put something back into the bitstream that is missing after decryption to fool the program and not doing it accurately enough. Each program may be interpreting the condition differently with V13 possibly having added logic to prevent the abort condition that occurs with v12. I'm guessing the Slysoft developers know what's likely happening.

My guess is that AnyDVD's Cinavia prevention feature doesnt even touch PowerDVD 13; so, Cinavia detection wont be suppressed and neither would the related "Fatal Error".

RBBrittain,

I use the system default where DEP is set to essential programs. It's not something I ever change on any system I use. I also don't use EMET (assuming you mean the Enhanced Migration Experience Toolkit).

My guess, and it is just a guess, is that the Cinevia fix in ANYDVD HD is trying to put something back into the bitstream that is missing after decryption to fool the program and not doing it accurately enough. Each program may be interpreting the condition differently with V13 possibly having added logic to prevent the abort condition that occurs with v12. I'm guessing the Slysoft developers know what's likely happening.
Thanks for someone finally answering the "DEP question" I posed a few weeks ago, based on my own guess as to how the Cinavia fix works. (I have DEP set to essential programs like you do; I have EMET installed but don't have it activated on any of my BD programs.) That eliminates DEP as a cause for the PDVD 12 error; I assume PDVD 13 does things differently and SlySoft just hasn't tackled it yet.

I certainly hope James, Peer & co. are hot on the trail and will fix it soon; I'm thinking of upgrading my PDVD 11 to PDVD 13, but not till I'm sure the Cinavia fix works on it...

Thanks for someone finally answering the "DEP question" I posed a few weeks ago, based on my own guess as to how the Cinavia fix works. (I have DEP set to essential programs like you do; I have EMET installed but don't have it activated on any of my BD programs.) That eliminates DEP as a cause for the PDVD 12 error; I assume PDVD 13 does things differently and SlySoft just hasn't tackled it yet.

I certainly hope James, Peer & co. are hot on the trail and will fix it soon; I'm thinking of upgrading my PDVD 11 to PDVD 13, but not till I'm sure the Cinavia fix works on it...

Just an FYI. The latest PDVD 12 patch did not crash until the anyDVD developers set up the Cinavia fix to work for the latest patch. I have a feeling that when the Cinavia fix is set up for PDVD 13, that for some of us, PDVD13 WILL CRASH TOO:bang:

Cinavia patch works on PDVD12 2526 TMT6 - not on PDVD13

I can confirm the 7.1.8.2 Beta fix works with PowerDVD12 patched to 2625 - without crashing
I can confirm the 7.1.8.2 Beta fix works for TMT 6 (don't remember the patch version)

I can also confirm the 7.1.8.2 Beta fix does not work for PowerDVD13 - no crash - just the popup warning message
I used the same ISO image for Battle Los Angeles for all 3 test on different HTPCs running windows 7 (x64)

Can't wait for PowerDVD13 cinavia path

Last edited:
Can you tell me which PowerDVD 12 build you originally installed on your PC before upgrading to patch 2526?

I think the problem isn't specific to the build only; but, also the exact version that was originally installed on the PC before upgrading.

I can confirm the 7.1.8.2 Beta fix works with PowerDVD12 patched to 2526 - without crashing
I can confirm the 7.1.8.2 Beta fix works for TMT 6 (don't remember the patch version)

I can also confirm the 7.1.8.2 Beta fix does not work for PowerDVD13 - no crash - just the popup warning message
I used the same ISO image for Battle Los Angeles for all 3 test on different HTPCs running windows 7 (x64)

Can't wait for PowerDVD13 cinavia path

Can you tell me which PowerDVD 12 build you originally installed on your PC before upgrading to patch 2526?

I think the problem isn't specific to the build only; but, also the exact version that was originally installed on the PC before upgrading.

I don't remember the exact build version that was installed originally, but right after the installation, I updated to 2625 patch.

I am not at home right now to look that up (sorry).

No worries. Please let us know as soon as you can verify the exact original version.

I don't remember the exact build version that was installed originally, but right after the installation, I updated to 2625 patch.

I am not at home right now to look that up (sorry).

I've just re-run the same test with POWERDVD12 V2625 and ANYDVD HD 7.1.8.2 beta and I still have the abort problem so it doesn't work for me.

Based on others' experiences here I do wonder if the sequence of the product installation has a bearing.

I purchased the upgrade license for POWERDVD12 so I have to install POWERDVD11 base first (v2024 in my case), then followed by the upgrade of POWERDVD12 with v1904 base, then upgrade finally to V2625.

I'm doing this on Windows 8 Pro, however we already know the Windows operating system version has no bearing on this. Also I use NVIDIA 650 video card with latest drivers for video and HDMI audio.

When I have more time I will re-do the same test with POWERDVD13 trial version on my test platform where there is no previous POWERDVD install.

When I have more time I will re-do the same test with POWERDVD13 trial version on my test platform where there is no previous POWERDVD install.
AFAIK it's pretty well established that the fix doesn't work at all with PDVD 13; that will require a future update. The "what patch sequence" question seems to be more about why it works fine with some PDVD 12 installs but not others.

Back