• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

James Bond - Man With The Golden Gun issues

M

McGoon

Hello,

I'm having trouble ripping this DVD to ISO format. Some further information
Title: James Bond - The Man With The Golden Gun
ISBN: 0-7928-4529-3
Distributor: MGM
Part of box set, James Bond Collection, Volume 2, ISBN 0-7928-4499-8

I've attached both the AnyDVD logs and CloneDVD2 log. I am running currently latest version of both.

With CloneDVD rip, things seem fine until the end, then i get an error related to switching DVD layers. I also tried to rip to image directly from AnyDVD. While this RIP completes and comes in at about 8GB (dual-layer) the last half of the movie plays but is pixelated. Sound seems fine throughout the movie and all other functions are intact.

No other movies from this box set are dual-layer so my guess is something specific to this disc is incorrectly causing the tools to think it is a dual-layer disc when it is not.

I am using an external Pioneer BDR-XD05B blu-ray player connected via USB.

Attachments

• DVD log.txt
    426.5 KB · Views: 1
  • AnyDVD_8.1.1.0_Info_E_GOLDGUN.ziplog
    170.3 KB · Views: 3
Are you ripping to ISO with AnyDVD or with CloneDVD? That's not entirely clear.

That said, from the log:

PIONEER BD-RWBDR-XD05 3.01 14/12/26PIONEER Drive (Hardware) Region: 0 (not set!)

You need to set the drive hardware region, then try again. EXIT AnyDVD COMPLETELY before you go into device manager.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 6P met Tapatalk

Thanks for the response. Generally i use CloneDVD2 but I also tried AnyDVD directly with this problematic DVD as some troubleshooting tips suggested.

I did try to hard-code the region into my DVD player but same problem. Updated log attached.

Attachments

148.4 KB · Views: 3
Same problem because you didn't follow instructions. You didn't EXIT ANYDVD COMPLETELY, and thus the region is still unset. The fox tray icon can NOT be active.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 6P met Tapatalk

i did close out of AnyDVD completely, but just to make sure something wasn't stuck i just performed a full system reboot. First i verified my region was still set properly (screenshot attached). Then i tried to rip again from CloneDVD. Same problem. I pulled an updated AnyDVD logfile after that attempt (and after full reboot).

Attachments

148 KB · Views: 3
  • 2017-04-05_10-25-11.jpg
    2017-04-05_10-25-11.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 6
Now you did it right, the second logfile you posted still had region 0. So what exactly happens now. Are you still having ripping issues? It makes no sense to have an error related to layer break, as the transition happens halfway into the ripping (when you watch the original, it's the moment where the movie 'freezes' for a split second about halfway through).

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 7 met Tapatalk

Same issue, rip fails at end using CloneDVD2, completes with AnyDVD but latter half of movie is pixelated but no audio.

I may try to watch movie on other player to see if i can find specific point at which dual layer flips. I dont think this is a dual layer disc though, nothing else in this collection was. My speculation is the drive or software is incorrectly registering this as a dual-layer disc.

This is a virgin DVD, just opened from shrink-wrap 2 days ago. My other thought was faulty DVD, but that seems low likelihood based on condition.

I'll try some more tests this evening and update thread accordingly. Thanks for the suggestions thus far.

Just because it's a brand new disc doesn't mean it can't be defective. We see that all the time here on the forum. Considering that's not a new release (that title was released on dvd in 2002), big chance is defective if the drive reads other discs just fine. There's no way a drive can identify a single layer disc as double or reverse. It's either single layer or it's not. Anydvd has no control over that, that's done over at the manufacturing plant what they press the movies.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 7 met Tapatalk

Back