• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Jacket_P folder

myblubu

When using AnyDVD and CloneDVD to back up a DVD with a Jacket picture (Jacket_P folder exists on the DVD), CloneDVD doen't have an option to copy the JACKET_P folder to the new DVD, so to keep that feature, I must copy the files to my hard drive (and copy the Jacket_P folder to the hard drive also), then use another program like Nero to burn the files to a DVD.

It would be REALLY nice if an option could be added to CloneDVD just copy this folder also if it exists on the original DVD to allow it to be included in the option to burn directly to the writer instead of having to do the intermediate step of writing files to hard disk, then using Nero to burn the files plus the Jacket folder. ANY CHANCE ON GETTING THAT ADDED TO THE NEXT RELEASE OF CLONEDVD???????

I know the Jacket_P folder is not required for the backup DVD to work, but I like having the folder since my DVD changer uses that image to display what's in the player whithout having to eject it or play it - saves lots of time!.

If you use clonecd to copy the dvd it will include the extra content.

If it is a dual layer original you need to copy to dual layer media.

If you want to copy a dual layer to single layer & keep the extra content you can simply copy the dvd as usual with clone dvd to a custom size of apx 4690MB ( to leave room for the extra content )

For example

After clonedvd has transcoded the content to a destination folder simply close clonedvd BEFORE you burn a copy

Use explorer to open the dual layer original "then copy & paste" the extra content into the above mentioned destination folder.

Verify that the destination folder size stays at a maximum of 4.36GB
( if it exceeds 4.36Gb reduce the custom size in clone dvd & try again )

Once the destination folder shows a maximum size of 4.36GB use image burn to burn the destination folder to a single layer dvd.

I've done this with at least 100 dual layer dvds that had content other than AUDIO_TS/VIDEO_TS folders that I wanted to retain.

The resulting burned single layer copies play fine AND they include ALL the additional content that was on the dual layer originals.

P.S. I agree it would be nice if clonedvd had an option to include the extra content automatically but after you have done it a few times you will find it just takes a couple of minutes to do it manually.

Last edited:
Actually afaik cloneDVD2 CAN backup that folder. In order to do that you need to click on the "settings" link and tick the box that sais "use filesystem instead of internal I/O"

I just did a test

"Actually afaik cloneDVD2 CAN backup that folder. In order to do that you need to click on the "settings" link and tick the box that sais "use filesystem instead of internal I/O"

I did the above change in CloneDVD2 settings

The dvd I tested had 3 folders

AUDIO_TS
VIDEO_TS
JACKET_P

The burned dvd only shows 2 folders

AUDIO_TS
VIDEO_TS

I restored CloneDVD2 settings to the way it was

Note - If I "copy & paste" the JACKET_P folder into the clonedvd2 destination folder & use imgburn the burned copy will have all 3 folders ( plus whatever other files that were there in case the original had them )

Last edited:
Hmm thought it could. Then whats that "internal I/O" thing for again. Can't seem to remember.

Hmm thought it could. Then whats that "internal I/O" thing for again. Can't seem to remember.

According to the right-click tool-tip the internal I/O reads at the sector level rather than using the operating systems' file system. By default CloneDVD uses the internal I/O.

so what method would u recommend for reading from a disc, and from the harddrive ?

Jacket_P ID

Problem with these Jacket_P folders is that the movie studios could store hidden informations about the DVD in these still pictures, like a unique ID. This ID could help trace the copy back to the original DVD that was copied. If the original was a rented DVD, this would indicate that you don't have a legal copy.

This doesn't mean the studios always do this but it's possible.
I personally would leave out any fancy stuff on a copy and really only copy the Video_TS and Audio_TS folder (Audio_TS is always empty, anyway).

What i've always been doing. Sry for goin OT here. Just wondering wich method is better. with or without internal I/O ?

What i've always been doing. Sry for goin OT here. Just wondering wich method is better. with or without internal I/O ?

Leave the box unchecked. IOW use CloneDVD's internal I/O. That is the default setting and the intended one. I'd say the rule of thumb is to only use the OS file system if told to by a developer or moderator.

From memory I think the whole internal IO setting was added due to a flaw in Vista's file system and problems with movies like High School Musical 2. Nonetheless, here's a link where a user was instructed to use the file system rather than the I/O when dealing with a DVD-VR disc: http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=17806. Remember that DVD-VR format isn't officially supported by CloneDVD or AnyDVD.

Last edited:
thx for the clarification. Thats what i've always used (for both ripping & reading from hdd). Sorry for going OT for this. Just needed some info.

Back