• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

iTunes & DRM Protection

AquaH2o

Hi can anyone tell me if I can use Clone CD to remove the DRM protection from iTunes audio files or how I can do this? I resent the fact that I bought these albums and can't play them through my media drive

can anyone tell me if I can use Clone CD to remove the DRM protection from iTunes audio files
No.
how I can do this?
More info on Google.
http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=e...drm+removal+itunes+&aq=f&aqi=g9g-m1&aql=f&oq=

Or you can use something like Audacity. Audacity can record the output from your soundcard (i.e. the signal that is fed to your computer's speakers).
You set Audacity recording, then play your DRM'd tune(s). Stop recording, edit the soundwave and save as an mp3.

Here's a video on YouTube showing how to record. Although they're recording streaming audio from web, the principal is the same as playing DRM files using iTunes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-SqRNnNE3_g

Last edited:
Couldn't you use iTunes to burn the discs and rip them with another program from the burned disc?

Couldn't you use iTunes to burn the discs and rip them with another program from the burned disc?
If iTunes allows burning of DRM'd audio files to CD, that would be the easiest way to go.

(If that is the case, pointless DRM'ing them in the first place).

That is correct.

The DRM is not transferred to the CD if you choose to create a music CD within your burning software. Then you simply re-rip the song back to the hard drive.

Just buy mp3's from Amazon, which last I checked are DRM free.
He should do so in future if he's not already, although I heard that iTunes do now sell DRM free tracks.
7Digital, Play.com and eMusic also do DRM free.

But maybe at this present time he doesn't want to fork out (again) for tracks he's already paid for?

Last edited:
Hi thanks for the replies I think the burning onto a disc then re-ripping them seems the simplest way as I am quite a simple guy:doh: I take the point about Amazon I think I'll abandon iTunes and look at Amazon for future purchases.:agree:

Back