• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

It's Newbie time!

rhiggins

Greetings...

As a relative newbie in using Game Jackal then I have a few questions.

Recently for my birthday I received Lego Indiana Jones (and BTW it is very cool and funny)

Since I do not want to insert the dang CD every time I want to play this game then I attempted to utilize GJ in order to create a GJ profile.

I tried utilizing all profiles such as automatic, safedisk, and securom and none worked. In fact each time GJ tried creating the profile then the original disk would detect a emulator and inform me to discontinue it.

So any suggestions?

How do I know what copy schema the disk is using? (such as safedisk, or securom?)

Is GJ basically just support the list and then none others? How often does this list get updated?

Thank you! :rock:

1. What version of Game Jackal are you running?

Answer: 3.0.1.9

2. What Operating system are you using? 64 bit? service pack?

Answer: Windows XP Home Edition 32 bit SP 3

3. If you have virtual drives, disable them while profiling and playing profiles. This includes Daemon Tools, Alcohol 120%, Virtual Clonedrive, Clonecdtray, VSO's EZ Play (comes with Blindwrite), and possibly Anydvd. These are programs that are typically blacklisted by copy protections.

Answer: No Virtual Drives

4. Remove packet writing software from your system (including Roxio's Directcd, Nero's Incd, Roxio/Sonic's DragtoDisc, Drive Letter Access, CyberLink InstantBurn, NTI's Filecd, etc.)

Answer: No Packet writing software

5. What protection does your game use? Don't know? Find out before posting about issues (and include that information)! Use Protection ID. It's a free program. Use ProtectionID and scan your HD directory where the game is installed (right click the icon on your toolbar, and select "scan files/folders"). Or just scan the main program .exe(s) that you find in the game directory on your hard drive. Provide the protection name and the version number.

Answer: SecuROM version 7.37.0007

6. What is the name of the game you're trying to run?

Answer: LEGO Indiana Jones

7. What is the version of the game?

Answer: Version 1.0

8. Is it cd or dvd version?

Answer: PC DVD

9. What region or country is the original disc from?

Answer: USA - Retail

10. What cpu are you running?

Answer: Intel E8400 Wolfdale, dual core

11. What optical drives (dvd-rom,cd-rom, burners) are you using to create profiles with? What firmware version is installed on your reader?

Answer: LG 20x Internal IDE (GSA-H55N) Dual-Layer Supermulti DVD-/+RW drive

12. What security software (firewall, antivirus) are you using? Please provide version numbers.

Answer: When creating/running this profile I killed all other apps or tasks including my AVG. Using Windows XP built in firewall

attached is the summary.txt log contained in the zip. I had to compress due to the upload limitations of the file size.

Attachments

• Summary.zip
    12.6 KB · Views: 5
Thanks for the replies and info. However still having the same issue.

After extracting and copying the new MapLomH.dll into the Game Jackal Home Directory I tried running the problematic game and received the same results.

I then removed the profile and tried re-creating the SecuROM type profile and in different profiles I tried both the IMAGE checkbox and the AUTO checkbox.

In both events I still receive the "Emulator detected! Please deactivate virtual drive and emulation software."

BTW I also noticed I missed to inform you of the registry keys for the UPPER and LOWER filter list.

These are: Lower = maploml Upper = maplom

Thank you

Here you go sir:

===============================================
Filter Driver Load Order - ImgBurn v2.4.1.0
===============================================

Upper Device Filter: redbook
Upper Class Filter: maplom
Device: CD/DVD-ROM Device
Lower Class Filter: maploml
Lower Device Filter: imapi

Filter Name: redbook
File Name: C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\redbook.sys
File Version: 5.1.2600.5512 (xpsp.080413-2108)
File Description: Redbook Audio Filter Driver
Product Name: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
Product Version: 5.1.2600.5512
Company Name: Microsoft Corporation
Copyright: © Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

Filter Name: maplom
File Name: C:\WINDOWS\system32\Drivers\maplom.sys
File Version: 3, 0, 1, 9 [3.0.1.9]
File Description: Maplom.sys
Product Name: Game Jackal
Product Version: 3, 0, 1, 9 [3.0.1.9]
Company Name: SlySoft Inc.
Copyright: Copyright © 2007, 2008 SlySoft Inc.

Filter Name: maploml
File Name: C:\WINDOWS\system32\Drivers\maploml.sys
File Version: 3, 0, 1, 9 [3.0.1.9]
File Description: Maplom.sys
Product Name: Game Jackal
Product Version: 3, 0, 1, 9 [3.0.1.9]
Company Name: SlySoft Inc.
Copyright: Copyright © 2007, 2008 SlySoft Inc.

Filter Name: imapi
File Name: C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\imapi.sys
File Version: 5.1.2600.5512 (xpsp.080413-2108)
File Description: IMAPI Kernel Driver
Product Name: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
Product Version: 5.1.2600.5512
Company Name: Microsoft Corporation
Copyright: © Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

certainly :)

Attached is the current log file.

Attachments

• Summary.zip
    15.3 KB · Views: 1
This error is most likely cause by the MaplomH.dll file. When you replaced it did you restart Game Jackal?

Also can you post a new summary.log file?

Hi Matthew,

Yes I did restart my computer since copying the dll to the GJ folder.

I just recreated a new GJ SecuROM profile and tried running it. Immediately received the same emulator detected error. Attached is the latest LOG file.

Attachments

• Summary.zip
    15.1 KB · Views: 3
I have tested this game have had not had a problem when using the new MaplomH.dll. I will do a few more tests and get back to you.

Here are the EXACT steps in what I am doing to get this game to work under GJ:

1. I Start Game Jackal.
2. I Select Create a Profile
3. I Select D:\ as my DVD drive
4. I Select SecuROM type
5. Using the Browser I navigate to the Game Launcher, which in this case is: C:\Program Files\LucasArts\LEGO Indiana Jones\LEGOIndy.exe
6. I leave the Use Quick Launch selected.
7. I insert original DVD into drive, which then displays a popup window stating Emulator Detected! Please deactivate virtual drive and emulation software.(Note I did not even get the chance to click Next this window displays first.)
8. I then click on the GJ and it does display the new SecuROM profile.
9. However If I do doubleclick on this profile then I get the same Emulator Detected error popup as in step 7.

Per your request I have sent you an email with the attached error.

Also I am attaching the image to this reply so that it is on this too!

Thanks!

Attachments

• Emulator Errror Detected.JPG
    Emulator Errror Detected.JPG
    16.4 KB · Views: 11
  • Protection ID.JPG
    Protection ID.JPG
    50 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
Back