• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Issues with "Passengers"

rrose1968

Uisng AnyDVD 6.5.4.9, Clone DVD 2.9.2.2. Don't have or use Nero InCD or anything like that. Disc is Region 1, Widescreen.

Basically everything works perfectly and stops at 46% (or 15 minutes left). Then CloneDVD stops and gives an error:

"D:/DVD_TS/VTS_01_1.VOB read error. The system cannot read from the specified device."

I tried it in 2 different internal readers on an HP with Vista, and external reader on same machine, and a different internal on a Compaq, it's all the same.

I attached an AnyDVD log. Need anything else, just give the word.

FYI for some reason I have noticed everytime AnyDVD loads a disc, no matter which drive it says "emulating RPC-2 Drive with Region 1" yet all my readers/burners are set to Region 1 and have been since I installed them, Kind of odd.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_6.5.4.9_Info_D_Passengers.zip
    156 KB · Views: 9
Sounds like a bad disk to me though i did not look at the log to see if you had any bad filters.

Well crap. I can trade it for another but fear if I get another one in the same location, the batch may be bad. I'll try a different retailer.

rrose I had same problem , but all i did was removed disc, and cleaned disc ,so that the disc was smooth , and not covered with whatever that residue is that is happening to alot of new discs these days, Then returned disc to drive and it resumed loading from there and worked just fine . Give it a try

I have had the same experience with the film/residue quite a few times in the past.

I'll try that. I didn't really see anything on it, but that doesn't mean it isn't there.

edit: didn't work

Last edited:
feedback requested

I'd love to know if you get this to work after exchange.
I suspect there is more to this than what meets the eye.

Let us know please.

No luck-same results except now it only gets to 10-11%. Disc looks perfect, cleaned it anyway and same results, different location. I tried to HD, movie only, etc...all the same. 1st was bought at Blockbuster, 2nd was bought at Walmart.

Yeah I tried cleaning them both with windex and alcohol and it didn't help. I'm thinking same type of error in 2 different locations is probably manufacturing errors, expecially if no one else here has the same problem. Oh well, maybe I'll end up buying another region or something lol.

Actually I was cleaning this again with foaming anti-static cleaner stuff and held the disc up to a bright light and noticed a small "ding" if that makes sense. I use the word "ding" like when you barely hit something and ding your car...it looks like that. So there we go.

Actually I was cleaning this again with foaming anti-static cleaner stuff and held the disc up to a bright light and noticed a small "ding" if that makes sense. I use the word "ding" like when you barely hit something and ding your car...it looks like that. So there we go.

Ugh, that sucks

I hate getting defective discs.

See this link

http://www.cdspeed2000.com/download.html#nerocdspeed

and you can try scanning the disc for errors with Nero DiscSpeed:

1. Download Nero DiscSpeed (freeware).
2. Extract it to wherever you wish
3. Run the program
4. Select the ScanDisc tab
5. Place the original DVD in your DVD drive
6. Select that drive from the Nero DiscSpeed interface
7. Click Start

Any red spots that show up are read errors.

If Nero reports read errors, your disc is (probably) bad.

What bothers me is the log from AnyDVD is quite ugly and I would have hoped for a little more from that scan than what you got.

Remember that the log came from the first disc, where I don't recall seeing a ding. I have the full version of Nero (been using it for years) and will check the next one, but this one's probably pointless. Also when I switch this disc, I'll open the next one while I'm there and look at it. This movie probably is crappy as the last time I had issues it wasn't worth the trouble.

Yeah I tried cleaning them both with windex and alcohol and it didn't help. I'm thinking same type of error in 2 different locations is probably manufacturing errors, expecially if no one else here has the same problem. Oh well, maybe I'll end up buying another region or something lol.

The method you used is the quickest way to damage CD or DVD even more.

Remember that the log came from the first disc, where I don't recall seeing a ding.

The log file doesn't appear extraordinarily weird to me, and log files won't always indicate that a disc is defective.

Nero cd-dvd speed is a nice double check/test--provided you know that Anydvd handles the disc fine. If a structural protection is present and Anydvd doesn't handle the disc fine, then the cd-dvd test is going to cough up read errors anyway.

This particular disc doesn't appear to contain anything interesting with respect to protection (I took a look at the .ifos briefly, but I'm not a protection expert), but because Frank suspects there's "more here than meets the eye" (I am a little skeptical that there is anything other than bad discs going on here), I sent a PM to James and Peer. If or when they respond, I will let you know.

I strongly suspect both discs are bad. The issue may be widespread.

Last edited:
FYI - I did this title with no trouble yesterday. Sorry dood.

-W

Back