• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

ISO Files

Pallando

Can AnyDVD or CloneDVD be used to play an ISO file. I tried to use the SUBST command to form a drive letter which contained the ISO, but AnyDVD didn't recognize it.

Also since the ISO just contains a compressed set of the regular VIDEO_TS files, they ought to be able to be extracted. WinZIP falters avout 80% into every large .VOB file, so I can't extract the files with WinZIP. Files too big?

Any ideas on how to extract the VOBs, etc., from the .ISO and use WinZip to play?

Thx

install Virtual CloneDrive, from slysoft.com and it'll allow you to mount the ISO to a virtual DVD drive

Still can't play the ISO

I executed "subst X:" <full path to the FILE>.

I see <rt>clk on the subst drive in WinExp will give a Mount command with which I then mounted the subst drive.

Then to play, nothing I tried to do worked. I figure I'm missing a few steps here.

Does anyone know the procedure or an FAQ where I can see how to play the mounted file? Media Player won't touch it.

Better yet, can an .ISO be converted to a conventional set of .VOB etc files?

Thx

Better yet, can an .ISO be converted to a conventional set of .VOB etc files?Thx

If all you want is the vob files, then use the ripper function in AnyDVD and rip the disc to your hard drive. (Right-click the fox icon - "Rip video to harddisk" or from the Program list under AnyDVD, AnyDVD Ripper. Or, with CloneDVD, choose on the Output Method - Write to File.

Back