• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

ISO files in Win-7

Pallando

Earlier I posted a problem I had converting ISO files to a Vxx file set. The help got me part way there but still wouldn't work. Here I'll post a process that worked every time for me in Win 7 HomePrem and Win-7 /Pro, either to play or convert to Vxx.
-------------------------
WINDOWS-7 ISO FILES
--------------------------
In Windows-7, to transform an .ISO film file into a Vxx file set, you need the SlySoft freeware "VIRTUAL CLONE DRIVE" (VCD) program found on the Download page. Run it (or download and run) and agree to the "Elaborate Bytes AG" prompt. This is a necessary part of the program.

Once run, VCD will create an "Elby Clonedrive" directory, as can be seen in the drive tabs of AnyDVD.

In Windows, select START>RUN and enter "VCDMOUNT /b". WinExp will open; make your way and highlight the actual .ISO file and press OPEN.

Now you will find the .Vxx files in ElbyDrive:\VIDEO_TS. They can then be moved to another location if desired, or played there.
NOTE: The film may start on its own when the files are created.

or you could just install VCD then rightclick on the iso file and chose 'mount' then browse to the virtual drive and copy them out of the virtual drive to the hard drive

Works great and with fewer steps.

Also if you run VCDMount.exe from START>RUN or CMD with no parameters, HELP defaults and displays additional options.

Last edited:
Not sure why you'd need more help than just mounting the image, once it's mounted it's seen as a full disc and can be treated exactly the same way.
You can also set your system up to automatically mount an ISO in VCD when you double click on it, and if you have autoplay set for DVD's and Blu-ray's it can then automatically start playing the mounted disc for you in your preferred playback software. Your method does seem overly complicated for something that's so easy to do without the need of command lines.

Much easier to do it without command lines and quicker. Just set up a shortcut on the desktop to the folder/drive that contains the images then all you have to do is double click on that folder then double click on the ISO you want to mount

Last edited:
The free packer 7-Zip can extract files from ISO images and is available for a variety of platforms.

Back