• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

ISO difference between AnyDVD versus CloneDVD2?

I apologize for being unclear, the isos were created by using both programs (Any and CloneDVD) without a hitch (no shutdowns or error messages) but simply won't play on my tank. I can't understand why these particular 21 won't play .......when the 100+ isos that I created previously doing everything the same, play without any problem. The settings were not touched for both programs, everything is default. I'm a newbie so I don't mess with settings.

I apologize for being unclear, the isos were created by using both programs (Any and CloneDVD) without a hitch (no shutdowns or error messages) but simply won't play on my tank. I can't understand why these particular 21 won't play .......when the 100+ isos that I created previously doing everything the same, play without any problem. The settings were not touched for both programs, everything is default. I'm a newbie so I don't mess with settings.

I suspect your player can't handle interleaved cells (nor multiangle discs) properly and, consequently, isn't parsing the proper path as outlined in the video_ts.ifo file.

A very simple test is to rip to either "dvd files" in Clonedvd or use "rip video-dvd to harddisk" in Anydvd. Run a dvd software player program. Select the "video_ts.ifo" file (that you just ripped) as the source for playback. If everything plays fine the problem is your "network media tank" isn't able to parse/handle/read video_ts.ifo files.

You would then need to use the ".vob passthrough" option in Clonedvd mobile--and then create an .iso using a third party program from the Clonedvd mobile output.

Last edited:
I'm confused when you say that the inability to play the 21 isos created using CloneDVD and AnyDVD. Are you referring to the images just for Star Trek: TNG (Seasons 5, 6, & 7)? So this means that you can actually rip them but they just won't play, correct? I was under the impression before that you couldn't actually complete the ripping process with AnyDVD and CloneDVD.

The more specific the information we know the easier the issue may be to track down. It would appear that if an image works where the CloneDVD doesn't. According to the logs from the disc you posted there isn't even structural protection present which makes things more odd. Try resetting the settings within AnyDVD to default by opening the preferences and clicking on the Default button.

I'm left wondering if this may be a mastering issue but for it to span 3 seasons is pretty annoying.

What's strange here is the the ISO made from CloneDVD with AnyDVD in the background will not play for him - but the ISO's of the same material made with just the AnyDVD ripper WILL play for him.

I understand that much. And I understand that is the main issue that prompted his OP and does indeed kinda require a real answer.

-W

Yes... this is the core question. What's so special about these 21 disks? And why does the AnyDVD ripper make an ISO that will play - and why does CloneDVD make an ISO that he can't play.

-W

Yes... this is the core question. What's so special about these 21 disks? And why does the AnyDVD ripper make an ISO that will play - and why does CloneDVD make an ISO that he can't play.

-W

Oh.

Another thing to check is to ensure that psychmon is using Clonedvd 2.9.2.2--and is selecting "Clone dvd" from Clonedvd's main menu. Ensure that everything is selected.

Oh.

Another thing to check is to ensure that psychmon is using Clonedvd 2.9.2.2--and is selecting "Clone dvd" from Clonedvd's main menu. Ensure that everything is selected.

I am using the latest version and selecting "clone dvd" from the main menu, the program(s) do their jobs fine, but just these particular iso's won't play, ..... the tank attempts to play them ......my TV screen goes and stays black then the tank freezes, necessitating pulling the power chord to reset the unit.

I am using the latest version and selecting "clone dvd" from the main menu, the program(s) do their jobs fine, but just these particular iso's won't play, ..... the tank attempts to play them ......my TV screen goes and stays black then the tank freezes, necessitating pulling the power chord to reset the unit.

Mount the .iso produced by Clonedvd in Virtual Clonedrive: http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=29061

Run a software dvd playback program. Select the "video_ts.ifo" file as the source. If that works fine, then unfortunately, there's something the matter with your "tank" (bug). You may want to check for a firmware upgrade.

The Anydvd .iso would only contain extra files that may appear as extras (PC files such as wallpapers, screensavers, etc). And I can't really see that as being the solution. If your "network tank" can't play unprotected .isos, it's bugged. And, in that case, it doesn't matter that Anydvd .isos play.

And I would also do what I wrote in my first reply in this thread. Clonedvd blanks multiple angle streams in order to help retain the original dvd structure when they are deselected. The Anydvd .iso creation process doesn't do that since nothing is unselected (nothing can be removed when creating an .iso with Anydvd). If so, that's one explanation, and the conclusion would be the same: your "network tank" doesn't parse video_ts.ifo files properly.

Last edited:
Mount the .iso produced by Clonedvd in Virtual Clonedrive: http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=29061

Run a software dvd playback program. Select the "video_ts.ifo" file as the source. If that works fine, then unfortunately, there's something the matter with your "tank" (bug). You may want to check for a firmware upgrade

Does a mounted .ISO even contain a selectable video_ts.ifo file?
Anytime I play a .ISO - I just select the .ISO.

Any tell me again WHY CloneDVD blanks multiple streams automaticly - as opposed to giving the user the option? The "original DVD structure" contained multiple streams - changing isn't preserving. :)

-W

Does a mounted .ISO even contain a selectable video_ts.ifo file?

Of course

Any tell me again WHY CloneDVD blanks multiple streams automaticly - as opposed to giving the user the option?

You misunderstand what I'm writing. Multiple angle streams are blanked when users deselect them--as opposed to being removed completely in Clonedvd. As I can't double check everything for the user to ensure that everything is selected in Clonedvd (it's still possible something is unchecked), that's one possibility.

Last edited:
Um, excuse me for butting in...

While I realize this is my first post, which means I'm new here--and thusly, have absolutely no standing whatsoever...:doh:, I have read the entire thread, up to this point... I have a question...

psychmon, I have inferred, based on your posts, the possibility that maybe these 21 .isos that won't play from your tank are the latest .isos? If so, what am I getting at? Have there been any recent hardware/firmware/other software updates/changes since this problem started? Are there other .isos created after "the 21" that do play from the tank?

I'm not trying to throw y'all off the trail; I'm just sensing (that anyDVD/CloneDvd are not the problem) and that some DRM hardware/firmware/software has slipped in under the radar due to some other action. I just can't see your tank hanging hard and requiring a hard boot due to anything anyDVD/CloneDvd had to do with creating these 21 .isos.

If I'm out of line or missed (or mis-read) something in an earlier post, I'm sorry.

Edit: Just curious, what OS SW are you running on your tank? -- Nevermind, I found it.:bang:

Edit: Also, for the Admin/Mods; I really was just trying to help. ;)

Last edited:
I suspect your player can't handle interleaved cells (nor multiangle discs) properly

Well, I took a quick look at the log file. I think I can throw this theory out the window.

and, consequently, isn't parsing the proper path as outlined in the video_ts.ifo file.

But that may still be a related problem. I'm not sure.

Back