iSCSI and AnyDVD HD?

Discussion in 'AnyDVD HD (Blu-ray issues)' started by jimmypopali69, May 10, 2008.

1. jimmypopali69

jimmypopali69 Member

has anyone had any luck using iSCSI running on YDL mapped to an xp system with AD HD? Havent seen much action on this on the net

Jimmy

2. xavia

xavia New Member

I am using Ubuntu Gutsy Gibbon with a kernel I compiled myself running on a PS3. I am not sure what iSCSI implementation YDL provides by default, but i use the one at: http://linux-iscsi.org. I tried a few other implementations and none of them would properly recognize the drive as anything except a hard drive. AnyDVD recognized and used the drive as soon as it mounted in Windows XP and has read all my Blu-ray movies without fail.

3. jimmypopali69

jimmypopali69 Member

hmm I would much prefer Ubuntu to YDL, do you have wifi and bluetooth running on your distro? If so I may have to check it out. Would you mind torrent'ing the ima file?

EDIT: cats + keyboard + submitting post = bad

4. xavia

xavia New Member

I have not tried to get wifi or bluetooth running on my setup since I wasn't interested in using those options. But I know that it is possible to get those features working, and there are tutorials and information in the ubuntu community. http://www.psubuntu.com/ has some good information and there is a section in the ubuntu wiki as well.

I am not sure what the 'ima file' is, but if you could explain that more I might be able to help out.

5. jimmypopali69

jimmypopali69 Member

Ahh, I was referring to an image of the distribution you built, did you recompile the kernel on the ps3 or did you build it on another distribution and target it @ the ps3 arch-type?

Jimmy

Also, I am having a hard time getting iScsi Running successfully, it keeps reporting odd errors, and after I installed it the ps3 refuses to shutdown or restart properly, I dont have any initiators running( ie the disconnect Iscsi before dismounting filesystem error)

Last edited: May 18, 2008