Is there any interest in NATIVE x64 builds?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by sickboy88, Jan 31, 2007.

1. sickboy88

sickboy88 Member

Hello,

I'd like to know, if there is any interest in native x64 builds of slysoft products?

I do all of my encoding on XP PRO x64, and while I understand, that most of the users out there use a 32bit operating system, the majority of the big encoders out there, who have shat several thousand movies onto the net in the last 7 years...almost all of us use a 64bit operating system.

I am sure, that with the birth of vista, many users will finally make the move to a full fledged 64bit operating system.

I've been able to replace almost ALL "scene" utils with 64bit versions...peerguardian, 7-zip, xvid, x264, virtualdub, putty (for ssh tunneling), etc.

Granted the only slysoft product I use is AnyDVD (yes, I actually paid for it, after pirating it for several years), and it works fine on my box, I'd really like to see a NATIVE x64 build.

At any time, there are usually 20-30 background tasks happening at once on my machine, and sometimes...only sometimes, AnyDVD (*edited for language/swearing*) sadly, although it's the LAST of my 32bit applications, it's one of the most IMPORTANT applications that I use.

Any word on a native x64 build?

Thumbs up for a wonderful product.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 1, 2007