• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Question Is there a way to get just the subtitles (srt)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

filmgal

I got more tv series in the past 30 days than ever before. The problem, of course, is that this is the month that had/has the subtitle issue. And I always get subtitles, just in case I go deaf in my old age ;-). Is there some backdoor way of only downloading the subtitles? It's a bit of a pain to rename all my files or folders (so they don't get overwritten), go get the videos again in low res just to get the subtitles, then move the srt files into the right folders and rename the folders again.

Just wondering if there is something in the registry or some trick somewhere that I could use to get the missing srt files.

I don't have the time to search right now, but there are browser extensions to do that. We actually have a post here about this when something didn't work (.cc/forced, subs overwriting?) many many months ago, for NF I believe. So you could look up that post or just search for extensions and use them. But it is not possible with AS, at least until now. Maybe they add it at some time.

I don't have the time to search right now, but there are browser extensions to do that. We actually have a post here about this when something didn't work (.cc/forced, subs overwriting?) many many months ago, for NF I believe. So you could look up that post or just search for extensions and use them. But it is not possible with AS, at least until now. Maybe they add it at some time.

I know about web sites like tvsubtitles.net. And at least it's an option, so I'm grateful for that. But by the time I download each season separately and rename the srt files to match my video files... it's a whole weekend project for the number of missing subtitles I need to get. It's way easier to just set all my series to download again in AS. So for anything not expiring, I'll just wait until it is fixed and I'll just have to take the hit in terms of my allotted number of downloads.

And if you just revert back to 1.7.2.0?

I'll just have to take the hit in terms of my allotted number of downloads
Yeah, when you revert back or a fix comes out, you can just queue everything and then cancel it as soon as the subs are done (at 1%, except for subs that get downloaded along the stream). That will kill your tokens, but make it a lot easier. And maybe they will eventually add an option to fetch subs only, as it is neccessary for everyone who downloaded stuff without subs, like you.

for anything not expiring
Thanks for the reminder lol, wanted to check what is going to expire on Amz but of course forgot it.

If you have Tampermonkey (or similar) installed, you can use the subtitle downloaders listed below.

Amazon Video - subtitle downloader
The download button appears on the landing page of each movie, under the ratings, runtime info.
amazon-subs.png

Netflix - subtitle downloader
Download menu appears at the top, just under the address bar.
netflix-subs.png

Disney+ subtitles downloader
The download button is added onto the audio and subtitles menu.
disney-subs.png

Hulu.com Subtitle Downloader
Download button will appear on the bottom right.
hulu-subs.png

There are others, but they require python to be installed.

Last edited:
Yeah, that is the extension stuff I meant. Couldn't remember the details now.

And if you just revert back to 1.7.2.0?

It didn't even occur to me to revert back lol. Always looking forward I guess ;-)

And maybe they will eventually add an option to fetch subs only, as it is neccessary for everyone who downloaded stuff without subs, like you.

I hope they do.

If you have Tampermonkey (or similar) installed, you can use "Amazon Video - subtitle downloader", "Netflix - subtitle downloader", "Disney+ subtitles downloader".

Thanks for that! I'll look into it.

It didn't even occur to me to revert back lol. Always looking forward I guess ;-)
you haven't said which provider you've gotten all these titles from ? If it's from Max subs have been broken a while, if by chance it was P+ you got these shows from subs have only been broken (at least from the ones I've come across) in the 2.1 and 2.2 betas, release 1.7.2.0 has subs working fine on P+

In the past when I’ve missed subtitles for whatever reason, I’ve just redownloaded at the minimum screen resolution with external subtitles (.srt files). Those minimum-res video files are tiny and download really fast, and of course you can queue an entire season to download easily. I generally want embedded subtitles, so I then use ffmpeg to add them back in to the higher resolution original download. I can post a sample command line since ffmpeg syntax is generally far from obvious. I’ve also successfully used .srt files from the various external sources, but sometimes they are not well done or well timed, and doing that for a bunch of TV series would be painful.

I’ve just redownloaded at the minimum screen resolution with external subtitles (.srt files).
That's what I do as well, but this time I got quite a number of series in the past 30 odd days and with so many files, it was better for me to find an alternate way of getting the srt files.

you haven't said which provider you've gotten all these titles from ? If it's from Max subs have been broken a while, if by chance it was P+ you got these shows from subs have only been broken (at least from the ones I've come across) in the 2.1 and 2.2 betas, release 1.7.2.0 has subs working fine on P+
Mostly Amz with some Netflix and some hulu. I reverted to 1.7.2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back