• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Is "Nims Island" BD+

stinman>=

I can't play it in Power DVD 8 2021,says needs firmware update.Anyone else experience this?

I ripped it and played it back without problems with TMT. I ditched PowerDVD 7.3 a couple months ago........half the discs wouldn't play, stuttering because of multiple audio tracks, etc. I haven't had a single disc/image TMT wouldn't play flawlessly.

Never had problems with PowerDVD due to multiple audio tracks, but many of us have had problems with TMT, mainly not even opening let alone playing the discs

Pdvd 8

I personally like the Power Dvd 8 ultra,I can't play Nims Island,this is the only Blu-ray that has failed for me. I can't rip it because I do not have anydvdhd,I have anydvd for couple years,I didn't have a BD drive until 1/19/08.I wish I would not have bought the dag gone movie now.I sent the screen capture to Cyberlink like they asked,and they said to up date my video card drivers and the sound drivers or send them a dx-log.Thats bull, that tech new that was a bull s$%& answer. The problem is the encryption from "FOX" and they just do not have the keys.:mad: They really piss me off sometimes with the stupid crap they say to you.
Looks like I will have to invest in the HD upgrade,just funds been low,work is slow

Mark

All I really wanted to know was...

It is BD+, yes, in Region A.

When posting about issues, it's important to provide the information requested (so that others are in a better position to assist you) from here: http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=4503

Is it a BD+,I do not have AnydvdHD so there fore it is not a anydvd problem,it is a Cyberlink and I problem :) ,that won't be fixed until I can spring for the HD update.
Mark

which build of 2021 did you use as there is a version that is broken, the original disc works fine for me in the latest (working)2021 build with AnyDVD HD turned off

No kiddin,It works

which build of 2021 did you use as there is a version that is broken, the original disc works fine for me in the latest (working)2021 build with AnyDVD HD turned off

Well I am not sure what version or download I got,it was sent to me along with PDVD Ultra 8.0 1830 full retail version from their tech people after I complained and filled out a ticket on their site.They sent me a Email with in a couple hours.I was told to uninstall my version as it was not totally "Vista ready" like the 1830 full retail download he sent me.After uninstalling I was told do go into registry at local machine and find files to delete and others,which I did.Then install the 1830u full retail version,reboot and then install the patch. Funny thing I updated my 7.3 oem that came with my LG GGC-H20N BDDVDRW multi-drive to the latest.I opened 7.3 up, put the disk "Nims Island" in and it sent me to get the patch,after installing it,"Nims Island worked in 7.3. PDVD 8 works for everything else as far as I know.So I don't know.The tech site told me to update my firmware on the drive,my firmware is 101 for the HL-DT-ST BDDVDRW GGC-H20N SCSI multi-drive.There is a new firmware for my drive 103,it fixes something to do with writing.If the movie worked in 7.3 then it should work in 8.0, I do not think it is the firmware, I think the firmware will get rid of the paging error/warning in cd-rom event viewer.The file he sent me is " 2021u-DVD080729-02 (ultra)
Is this the right one? Thanks for your help!
Mark

Update the firmware, you are running on a firmware that is at least 9 months old, this can affect playback, and just because it works in 1 version does not mean it will work in the other. and go to the Powerdvd website and download the newest 2021 update. It's newer than your 2021

Last edited:
Back