• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Is everyone using external BD drives now?

DQ

I am very curious to see if I am one of the few holding on to internal drives. The last PC I built I was VERY limited as to what case I could buy as I wanted an internal CD drive bay. I found one and it's awesome and works well but I assume the next build in the future I will be all but forced to forego that requirement.

Combine that with the threads I see fairly often about external drive recommendations I am beginning to assume some good portion of folks (if not the majority) are now using external drives.

Just thought I would see what y'all responded with. Thanks.

I bought an Asus BW16D1HT that I was forced to use with the OWC Case since my PC has no drive bay. But I always bought slim external drives for my laptop to be portable. Well, only two so far, but still. And now I have a BU40N I want to try if it fits into my laptop. The drive of it still works but can only read DVDs. And I can then use that drive to replace the broken one of another laptop if it fits.
Not sure if I will buy a big drive again, as I now have a spare case after the Asus is broken (no DOSflash didn't work because it wants me to disable some stuff to install a driver but that doesn't do anything) and it was faster then the slim drives, but they support UHDs now with MakeMKV Libredrive in Any and I would use the big one on my PC only anyways. Also I don't rip as much anymore as I used to. So it makes more sense to see if I can upgrade the drive in my laptop.

...but I think if LibreDrive support would've been there when I started with UHD, I might've never gotten the Asus as the slim drive would be more convenient to also use on my laptop and has no external plug (also the reason why I mostly only buy 2,5 inch HDDs, no power plug and easier to handle than 3,5). I only bought the Asus to flash 3.10 MK, so with Libre I think I would've passed on it and only own slim drives now.

I am very curious to see if I am one of the few holding on to internal drives. The last PC I built I was VERY limited as to what case I could buy as I wanted an internal CD drive bay. I found one and it's awesome and works well but I assume the next build in the future I will be all but forced to forego that requirement.

Combine that with the threads I see fairly often about external drive recommendations I am beginning to assume some good portion of folks (if not the majority) are now using external drives.

Just thought I would see what y'all responded with. Thanks.
Until now I have only 5,25" drives. Some external, 2 internal in my BeQuiet case. But like you said it's getting harder and harder to find a case with those bays. If you don't burn I suggest a LG BU40N plus enclosure. Or I have even a better idea if you prefer a Pioneer slim drive. Don't buy one from Pioneer now since they have altered their firmware so UHDs don't work anymore with AnyDVD / Makemkv and they are quite expensive. PM me and I will provide you with information for an affordable solution to buy in the US.

BTW- I just bought this USB->SATA Adapter. It works with optical drives as well. Firmware flash works. Very affordable and available at least in EU and USA.

Differently from the pictures the cable has an integrated USB-C / USB-A adapter so you can connect to either one.

FYI, the tracking stuff after the product code can be removed, and the description between .de and /dp as well:
Code:
https://www.amazon.de/dp/B083PWVPXK/

I'm too lazy...:rockingchair:
Understandable, I am too, but this always bugs me when there is tons of useless parameter stuff on the link making it long for no reason. So I always remove it, have the "ClearURLs" extension installed and even got ChatGPT to write me some Greasemonkey scripts that remove links from sites not included in the extension, and some extra stuff I want to get full images instead of just Thumbs from Amz and so on. Am thinking about releasing them here, as some people seem to have interest in the pictures as well (has been asked that AS also saves them since it already shows them in the UI).

Back