• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Is anydvd considered illegal/illict 7/8 of the land

nebostrangla

In an effort to not allow another thread to get farther off of the topic with this reply post I created a new one hope it's the right thing for me to do lol.
Question: and thread title- Is anyDVDHD illegal/illict or considered that way in 7/8 of the land on this giant ball. No it's not flat.
Answer: if the program is not considered to be illegal/illict in most if not all the UN controlled countries the 7/8 of the land mass available which really means they are now also US controlled countries really then why/how could the CEO of "slysoft" be tried and found guilty in a court of law on the island of Antigua and fined a total of $15000 because of peoples use of anyDVDHD specifically that enabled piracy and that is on public records and after that didn't stop them the continued pressure from the AACS-LA to the US government to the Antigua government over the closure of slysoft but more importantly anyDVDHD by name which is what the AACS-LA had meetings about the progress of shutting down slysoft monthly and will continue to have when they learn about RedFox which I'm sure they already have anyway.
Next thing is that yes in most if not all countries you can make a backup of any Content you "Own" But ,and this is the catch, you CANNOT circumvent any copy protection scheme used to protect said Media content. And due to the standard's agreed to for Blu-ray all disc's must contain at least AACS encryption commercial pressed or a set top burners unique disc's which I'm thinking is one of the main things that the OPD was put online for in the first place. Although I could be mistaken but I do know that it was an added benefit/feature to all us users and the developers too.

Of course it's illegal in most of the countries. It circumvents copy protection mechanisms.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 7 met Tapatalk

Of course it's illegal in most of the countries. It circumvents copy protection mechanisms.

Just wanted to point some thing's out that were discussed off topic in a different thread of its own I know that but it seems there are some out there/on here that DON'T that is all this was for Chev.
Plus to keep you ,DL&D or red1 from having to move it/them to another thread.

When you get down to it this forum about sums up the greed we are dealing with here. All the threads are littered with this new redfox promo horseshit . I am one of many that now hold a completely Useless lifetime subscription to Any HD Somewhere some douche bag starts realizing we can't get more $ from a life timer,and this is a very finite and minute market, unless we dream up some BS fantasy story change our name and charge them again for the EXACT program they have all ready paid for. A big Fuck you to the assholes who are fleecing us your subscribers. My belief fuck this Fake crackdown and let's really go after you fuckers , FRAUD IS EASY to prove in this instance . You can't sell someone something change your name and tell them what we (the same mother fuckers) sold you is no longer valid . Pay us again under our new name for the same shit and your good to go again til we pull this shit again in 4 or 5 years.
You can Kiss my ass !
EX subscriber

Edit [Ivan]: I banned this troll and removed 8 postings with same content.

Last edited by a moderator:
Watch the language, you're entitled to your opinion but such language is unneeded. I don't know what rock you've been living under these past few months but the RedFox guys didn't ask to get shut down. If the aacs-la hadn't gone after Antigua everything would still be fine and you'd still be getting updates on your lifetime. (You still are for the moment BTW). You're reason of 'hey, let's 'fake' a shut down to get more cash from lifetimes' is just plain bogus. There have been plenty of news articles about the crack down on slysoft and other companies. Why you think the blue monkey no longer has it's .com domain and linked cashflow either? Yup, the aacs-la. You're entitled to your opinion but don't make up some 'fantasy promo horseshit' reason as you call it to say the opposite and call them all liars. Blame the USA and the aacs-la they're the problem.

Can you then tell me how it can be reborn without the same legal issues? If I was asked straight forward to 'donate' further despite my LIFETIME license, I would have gladly.... but this all seems very fishy to me as well.

Redfox or what ever name it may go under now or in the future and resellers or such products etc ALL have or will have the same legal issues.

Slysoft had an address/offices/location so could be easily located. That it took so long was a testament to the "management" whether or not you want to believe or not. Antigua has a dispensation by the WTA to "allow" it to "pirate" due to the USA's deemed unlawful closing of Antigua's offshore gambling to the USA however even though this was lawfully sanctioned the USA still was threatening sanctions and applying serious pressure to the Antiguan government. As noted DVDFab has also been targeted
According the the DMCA ALL products that circumvent DRM are illegal fullstop. Various countries have fair use however we all can see via TPP and other trade negotiations the USA is trying to make DMCA the law of the world.

The issue is not with Slysoft/Redfox or even DVDFab MakeMKV etc but with the DMCA and it's promotion across the world. Even HDFury which make physical devices are being targeted and their product is legal however legal action by Warner/Intel is trying to subvert even this. Look at Kaleidascape A ultra high end media server Company which copied DVD/Bluray onto a closed proprietary system and restored DRM was still deemed to be "illegal" They lost a long running legal battle.

Go ahead complain, attempt to sue Slysoft/Redfox DVDFab if they close for lifetime licences. Stand up in court to claim compensation for an illegal product, The upshot is if you win the moment you walk out of court you can be sued for use of an illegal product as you have broken the DMCA laws. Then when you lose that go back in and sue Slysoft/RedFox/DVDFab as they knowingly sold you an illegal product that enabled you to break the law.

Everyone get a grip

A Bluray is about $10-$20 and is licensed to you you have bought the licence to view. You own that physical disc but not the information on it You have the right to view and even then if you read the restrictions no public show,s not for any remuneration not in schools oilrigs etc.

You cannot copy if there is DRM even the UK government could not bring that in and then had to withdraw the basic right to copy non drm DVD's and CD's.

If you only buy 2-3 DVD's/bluray' a year then why buy any DRM breaking product?

If you buy a substantial number a year and you want to protect your "investment" if they get damaged or wish to set up a digital media server then you surely you have proved that you have enough disposable income to purchase a revolving fee for a DRM breaking product. That lifetime licences are on offer are a bonus and not actually a right. The company can withdrew their offers at anytime. You the customer may not like it but those are the breaks Badmouth the company (within legal parameters) and do not buy from that company again. If there are no other options then you have cut off your nose to spite your face.

Legally Redfox is a new entity having said that is it actually a company of simply a collective of individuals/partnership. They actually are not liable for the debts / terms and conditions of any other company that they have obtained or procured the rights to if this is not specified within a legal agreement with the previous entity. Any new company can acquire the goods/assets of another company without taking on the debts or obligations of the product/s that now have the right to market. If they wish to main "good" relations with previous customers the a deal may be offered and it is up to the customer whether they accept the new terms or not

Slysoft closed The general feeling was one of "sadness and loss" Now it is "back" in a slightly different form Are we happy NO! Anger, resentment bitterness, Allegations, Claims of destitution being inflicted on individuals if they have to by the product again or have to pay a yearly licence, complete fiction is being posted.

This is not Slysoft/Redfox/MakeMKV or DVDFab's problem

I for one have no issue (and probably the silent majority) I want this product and others like it back and to thrive. I will pay what ever I think is fair/affordable for these types of product and it is purely my choice.

Keep going James and all REDFox Partners

Now for the abuse!

hiloyo has been banned, posting same bs in 8 threads....

Thank you.
This forum is for mature adults; both men and women; but I am sure that there are younger members here as well. There is no need to resort to foul language to get ones point across....if you fervently need such...then the gutter is across the street... we have no need of it here.

Control of people and money rules the world, honesty and fair does not exist anymore, and was a thing of the past.:(

That is the crux of the issue with modern copyright law.

"See? You have fair use! You can make backup copies for archival purposes! It says so right in the law!"

But when it is illegal to circumvent copy protections, and 99% of the content is copy protected, fair use may as well be illegal.

We the people of Earth really need to reign in this crap and start forcing our governments to pass sensible laws in a lot of areas. Personally, I would like a return to 14 year copyrights and an end to dropping bombs on people thousands of miles away and calling it "defense," among other things that are off-topic in this forum.

That is the crux of the issue with modern copyright law.

"See? You have fair use! You can make backup copies for archival purposes! It says so right in the law!"

But when it is illegal to circumvent copy protections, and 99% of the content is copy protected, fair use may as well be illegal.

We the people of Earth really need to reign in this crap and start forcing our governments to pass sensible laws in a lot of areas. Personally, I would like a return to 14 year copyrights and an end to dropping bombs on people thousands of miles away and calling it "defense," among other things that are off-topic in this forum.

Big government is the problem. Vote for a smaller government that doesn't keep expanding its powers to increase its control and influence.

That being said, I'll continue to purchase licenses that allow me to backup my media. If they manage to shut it down completely, I'll consider halting my purchases of BR and DVDs and just grabbing the truly pirated movies online.

All I'm asking to do is purchase a BR, making a copy to use, and if my 7-year-old uses it as a Frisbee, I can just make another copy of the original I PURCHASED!!!

To make it clear: Even the people that buy only 5 or 6 BR/DVD per year (like me), might be interested in breaking the DRM. Just for the reason, that I want to put these movies and stuff onto a local media server and put the discs to a save place. Not only because of my children (while they are an eligible reason for themself ;-)). But f.e. I figured out some years before, that some of my legal bought Babylon 5 Series DVDs are not readable anymore by any player (some strange happened to them, since they feel sticky and stuff by only being stored in my cellar).

That wont happen anymore to me, and if that requires, to buy a 'lifetime' license every 5 years (that is no offer ;-)) for software like AnyDVDHD (the very best in my opinion), I'm happily willing to do that. Keep on going Redfox-Team, I'm pretty sure your work will be appreciated by a vast silent majority of users.

Back