• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Iphone question

RemingtonJoe

Is there a step by step guide in the forums for putting movies I have saved on my drive onto my iphone. I'm new to the iphone thing and I don't really understand itues yet, but I'm working on it lol. So if there's a step by step can someone please point me that way...........Thanks

Its exactly same way you put music onto it.

Your movie must be converted to play on the iphone. Then go into itunes add file or folder. Then when you attach your iphone click the phone on the left go along to movies and select what you want to put on.

Piece of cake bro. :)

1.2.0.1 works very nicely for me on my iPod Touch guys. :agree:

I am not tech savvy - but I get the CloneDVD Mobile to run and the file works in iTunes but when I try to load it to my iPhone it says the it won't work on the iPhone. I don't know why...thoughts?

I am not tech savvy - but I get the CloneDVD Mobile to run and the file works in iTunes but when I try to load it to my iPhone it says the it won't work on the iPhone. I don't know why...thoughts?

Because since 1.6.1.0 (I think, maybe earlier) iPhone/iPod Touch format has not worked.

The only combination i have found that actually works is CloneDVD Mobile 1.6.1.3 Beta and a custom iPhone/iPod Touch Profile found here

Of course there are probably other versions that work better but this works for me :)

Still Lost

You don't do this the same way first off. Because before when I had a memory card I used to write it to the memory card. first what do I select on the first screen is it Apple Video or one of the others. Second, Iphone doesn't have a independent memory card so when i plug it in it doesn't let me write to the phone so what do I select Under "Enter file name to write". Then how do I get it to the phone. These bits and pieces her and there for someone who has never had a iphone doesn't help. So only reply if u can help me from start to finish. Thanks.......Todd

Because since 1.6.1.0 (I think, maybe earlier) iPhone/iPod Touch format has not worked.

The only combination i have found that actually works is CloneDVD Mobile 1.6.1.3 Beta and a custom iPhone/iPod Touch Profile found here

Of course there are probably other versions that work better but this works for me :)
1.7.0.0 works fine with iPod Touch 3G and iTunes 9.1 - Avatar (from DVD) is fine for me with audio in sync. It seems the developers have included the 1.6.1.3 beta and nocabac suggestions and got it to work now. So I guess iPhone should also work now, perhaps someone can verify that?

You don't do this the same way first off. Because before when I had a memory card I used to write it to the memory card. first what do I select on the first screen is it Apple Video or one of the others. Second, Iphone doesn't have a independent memory card so when i plug it in it doesn't let me write to the phone so what do I select Under "Enter file name to write". Then how do I get it to the phone. These bits and pieces her and there for someone who has never had a iphone doesn't help. So only reply if u can help me from start to finish. Thanks.......Todd
Use 1.7.0.0 to create your output file using the iPhone profile, then drag it into iTunes and it will sync it to your iPhone (if you have selected to automatically sync Movies).

Complete iTunes help is available from Apple (start to finish). After you have created your file in CDM and put it into your iTunes Movie folder, this is pretty straightforward as long as you have iTunes and have "synced" your iPhone to it.

Last edited:
The way I have been doing it is to convert using the appletv selection. Select the resolution you want the 720x480 works fine on the phone. It will give you a better picture buts uses more memory.

Once the file has been converted open itunes (yuk) click on movies and select add file to library. Once it is imported plug in your phone and select it as your device. Click the movies tab and select the movie(s) to put on your phone. Click sync.

Once it is on the phone open you ipod select movies and tap the one you want.

The way I have been doing it is to convert using the appletv selection. Select the resolution you want the 720x480 works fine on the phone. It will give you a better picture buts uses more memory.

Once the file has been converted open itunes (yuk) click on movies and select add file to library. Once it is imported plug in your phone and select it as your device. Click the movies tab and select the movie(s) to put on your phone. Click sync.

Once it is on the phone open you ipod select movies and tap the one you want.

This is exactly what I do. I have an iPhone 3G. been using it for over a year now. No problems.
signature_DVDclone.gif

1.7.0.0 works fine with iPod Touch 3G and iTunes 9.1 - Avatar (from DVD) is fine for me with audio in sync. It seems the developers have included the 1.6.1.3 beta and nocabac suggestions and got it to work now. So I guess iPhone should also work now, perhaps someone can verify that?

1.7.0.0 works 100%
The post you quoted was posted before 1.7.0.0 came out so i could not have known that. :D

If itunes says it wont work on the phone (or ipod) it is usually that the resolution is too high. The phone supports a higher resolution than the ipod but still has its limits.

1.7.0.0 works 100%
The post you quoted was posted before 1.7.0.0 came out so i could not have known that. :D
Yes, I know - I was just trying to get confirmation whether 1.7.0.0 was working with the iPhone (I know it does for the Touch) as they seem to have put in those suggestions - thanks for clarifying. :)

I had problems with the dvd mobile not converting movies to MP4 anymore, it saves as M4V now. After converting I have to change the saved file to MP4 and then it works fine.

Last edited:
I had problems with the dvd mobile not converting movies to MP4 anymore, it saves as M4V now. After converting I have to change the saved file to MP4 and then it works fine.
The output format was changed to m4v for better compatability with newer iTunes and iPod firmware versions.

As you are using an older iTunes / iPod version that requires mp4, you can either just change the file extension from m4v to mp4 as you have done, or update to a newer Apple version. This is not a "problem" with CDM.

Back