• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Invalid License Key (Mac OS X)

Natsumer

Hi guys,

I have recently purchased the Lifetime license of the AnyDVD HD 8.0.3.0 software license using Bitcoins. My order number is OXY-UR3.

RedFox team sent me a AnyDVD HD license key but when I tried to install it (either double clicking on the license key file or using the Register AnyDVD method), I got an error mentioning that my License Key file is INVALID.

The filename of my license key is as follows: AnyDVDHD_Key_LH9-88W.AnyDVDHD

Should the license key filename follow my order number? Meaning OXY-UR3 instead of LH9-88W?

My environment is as follows:
- MAC OS X El Capitan
- Parallels Desktop 11
- Windows 10 Professional 64 Bit
- Currently able to rip blu-ray iso with AnyDVD HD Trial License and this license is expiring on July 31st.

I already wrote several emails to RedFox Support and Accounting. But I have not seen a resolution on this yet from them.

Did any of you guys encounter this issue as well? If yes, how do you guys remedy this problem?

Thanks in advance for all the advices.

I thought it should match initially but apparantly they don't. The fact that they don'ty match has nothing to do with the license not being valid. @Ivan will have to look into it. As far as the tickets go, they're a bit swamped with them atm during the discount period

I thought it should match initially but apparantly they don't. The fact that they don'ty match has nothing to do with the license not being valid. @Ivan will have to look into it. As far as the tickets go, they're a bit swamped with them atm during the discount period

Thanks a lot for the quick reply, dude. Great to know that the license filename and the order number doesn't need to match. That removes one possible cause of error for my case.

And yes, I should be able to hang on a few more days and wait for a resolution from the RedFox team. I still have 8 more days of Trial License usage of this magnificent software. :)

Even better news is that you have paid for it already, so entering a valid key file, wether before or after the date makes no difference. The only way this could fail for you is if this was a scam, I don't believe this is the case, just bringing it up as a possible issue, or they can't find your purchase. You will probably be ok.

RedFox team sent me a AnyDVD HD license key but when I tried to install it (either double clicking on the license key file or using the Register AnyDVD method), I got an error mentioning that my License Key file is INVALID.

Hi Natsumer,

Welcome to the forums!

I identified both emails you sent to support and took over both tickets. I checked the license file you sent to support and indeed, it's not working. So I downloaded your original license from our system and this one worked. WTF?
Comparing the file size of both made me suspicious: your file has 301 byte while the original file has 308 byte. However, both have the same content. Comparing both files byte-wise, I figured out that your file is in Macintosh format with Carriage Return (CR) only, while the original file has Windows/DOS format with Carriage Return / Line Feed (CR/LF).

Obviously, the AnyDVD Registration Tool is expecting a Windows/DOS format and doesn't know how to handle Macintosh format. Maybe @James can fix that in next release (even if it's the first time, somebody managed to mess up the license file in this way).

You can fix your license file (which is a simple text file) in OS X by replacing all CR with CR/LF. Open a terminal and enter these commands:
Code:
# first change directory to where your license file is located
cd /path/to/license-file

# then use the stream editor to replace CR with CR/LF
sed -e 's/\r/\r\n/g' AnyDVDHD_Key_LH9-88W.AnyDVDHD > AnyDVDHD_Key_LH9-88W-fixed.AnyDVDHD
The file AnyDVDHD_Key_LH9-88W-fixed.AnyDVDHD should have 308 bytes and should work with AnyDVD's Registration Tool.

However, I replied to your support ticket as well and attached a zip file with your working license key.

Thank you for supporting our project.
Ivan

Last edited:
Hi Natsumer,

Welcome to the forums!

I identified both emails you sent to support and took over both tickets. I checked the license file you sent to support and indeed, it's not working. So I downloaded your original license from our system and this one worked. WTF?
Comparing the file size of both made me suspicious: your file has 301 byte while the original file has 308 byte. However, both have the same content. Comparing both files byte-wise, I figured out that your file is in Macintosh format with Carriage Return (CR) only, while the original file has Windows/DOS format with Carriage Return / Line Feed (CR/LF).

Obviously, the AnyDVD Registration Tool is expecting a Windows/DOS format and doesn't know how to handle Macintosh format. Maybe @James can fix that in next release (even if it's the first time, somebody managed to mess up the license file in this way).

You can fix your license file (which is a simple text file) in OS X by replacing all CR with CR/LF. Open a terminal and enter these commands:
Code:
# first change directory to where your license file is located
cd /path/to/license-file

# then use the stream editor to replace CR with CR/LF
sed -e 's/\r/\r\n/g' AnyDVDHD_Key_LH9-88W.AnyDVDHD > AnyDVDHD_Key_LH9-88W-fixed.AnyDVDHD
The file AnyDVDHD_Key_LH9-88W-fixed.AnyDVDHD should have 308 bytes and should work with AnyDVD's Registration Tool.

However, I replied to your support ticket as well and attached a zip file with your working license key.

Thank you for supporting our project.
Ivan

Hi Ivan and all,

Thanks a lot for all your great support guys! You guys are awesome!

Ivan, I downloaded your zipped file license key and unzip in within Windows 10 and the license key now works perfectly! :)

My AnyDVD HD is now showing "License until: Forever"

All, I didn't realise that between OS X and Windows environment, it could messed up the text-based license key file. Sorry for the trouble guys... :{

I learnt something new on this.

And yes, I'm happy to support your project! Anytime!

Thanks again fellas. :)

Back