• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Instructions Not Included Correct Playlist

PrincipalityFusion

I'm thinking that the latest version of AnyDVDHD is not correctly exposing the correct playlist for this movie. Here is the info it gives in the status window:
Current profile: BD-ROM
Media is a Blu-ray disc.

Total size: 12192032 sectors (23812 MBytes)
Video Blu-ray label: INSTRUCTIONS_NOT_INCLUDED
Media is AACS protected!
AACS MKB version 44
Removed AACS copy protection!
Determined region(s): A
Java BD protection good playlists: 394, 571, 575, 577, 641, 642, 653, 674, 679, 681
Blu-ray Java signatures fixed!
BD-Live deactivated!
Sony structural BD-J protection removed!
Removed UOPs!

Going through these playlists however reveals that the times on them are all different. I would think they would be the same for valid playlists since there is only one version of the movie on the disk (theatrical).

Logfile is attached:

Attachments

• AnyDVD_7.4.1.2_Info_D_INSTRUCTIONS_NOT_INCLUDED.ziplog
    857.5 KB · Views: 9
679 is what you need

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 7 met Tapatalk

I don't think 679 is correct for this disc.

A previous user has confirmed the playlist as being 642 [02:01:57]- this matches the runtime on the iTunes store, so most likely it is correct.

Easiest thing to do is play the disc back in a commercial player (TMT/PDVD) with AnyDVD exited/disabled and make a note of the correct movie runtime, once you know this it will narrow it down to the correct one. You can also use a standalone player to find the runtime if you don't have TMT/PDVD.

If you are a more advanced user you can use Process Monitor tool and watch what MPLS is accessed by PowerDVD.

Also, if I remember correctly BD Rebuilder can find the correct movie only playlist.

Also, if the source disk is seemless branching disk, and you have identified the correct movie length from a software player or hardware player from the BD-ROM disk and you have two or three playlists with the exact same time frame, the next cause could be the sequence flow of the M2TS files is not in the correct order as the source BD-ROM movie only playlist:doh:

One freeware software tool for helping BDinfo.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks guys, all good stuff, but I thought the whole point of having this feature is for it to expose the correct playlists. It's not doing that it seems.
In any case, there are other ways of determining the correct playlist as you stated, but it sure would be nice to have this way work.

I didn't know that bd rebuilder can identify the correct playlist. i'll have to give that a shot.

it can to some extent. It also supports anydvd's inf file that "stores" the playlists, it'll look for that first

Thanks guys, all good stuff, but I thought the whole point of having this feature is for it to expose the correct playlists. It's not doing that it seems.

You are right, that is the point of this feature. As you have found out though it doesn't always work 100% correctly, with some newer discs Slysoft need input from users, so they can update the status window with only the correct playlist.

Since you are the first user to post a logfile for this disc, your input would be greatly appreciated - once you do confirm the correct playlist, if you could report back with what it was, then Slysoft can fix/update this disc for any future users :)

The correct playlist is 642 (for my disk at least).

Thanks to the person who suggested Process Monitor along with PowerDVD. That helped in finding the correct English playlist.

I'm guessing AnyDVDHD would need to do what licensed hardware and software players are doing to get the correct playlist....and more since they have to determine the correct playlist for alternative streams as well (uncut, alternative ending, etc).

And since obviously, they aren't licensed, they would have to reverse engineer that functionality, which, i guess, is not yet perfected. So i can appreciate the obstacles that must be overcome and apologize if I seemed snarky before.

The correct playlist is 642 (for my disk at least).

Thanks for the feedback, hopefully one of the Slysoft team will see this and update this particular disc for future users :D

Credit for the Process Monitor tip goes to "RobBR".

It's much more difficult for AnyDVD compared to a licensed player as it is attempting to find the playlist "On the Fly".
Licensed players sometimes have to wait 5 mins + before they can even start the main movie playlist ;)

I'm guessing AnyDVDHD would need to do what licensed hardware and software players are doing to get the correct playlist....and more since they have to determine the correct playlist for alternative streams as well (uncut, alternative ending, etc).

And since obviously, they aren't licensed, they would have to reverse engineer that functionality, which, i guess, is not yet perfected. So i can appreciate the obstacles that must be overcome and apologize if I seemed snarky before.

Nah. There's nothing to reverse, no secrets there.

AnyDVD would have to implement a complete BD-J framework and execute the JARs from the disc, "play back" the content up to the main menu, then use OCR to "read" from the screen, try to find something like "play movie"/"play"/"start"/"engage"; .... in roughly 50 possible different languages, emulate the remote control arrow keys until that particular "button" seems to be highlighted, then emulate an "ok" button, monitor what playlists appear to be requested, etc......

considering all that, I say AnyDVD is already pretty good in narrowing down up to 200 fake playlists to 10 to 15, don't you think? ;)
Apart from that one major goal is achieved already: the disc plays correctly as "full BD".

AnyDVD would have to implement a complete BD-J framework and execute the JARs from the disc, "play back" the content up to the main menu, then use OCR to "read" from the screen, try to find something like "play movie"/"play"/"start"/"engage"; .... in roughly 50 possible different languages, emulate the remote control arrow keys until that particular "button" seems to be highlighted, then emulate an "ok" button, monitor what playlists appear to be requested, etc......

Seems pretty straight forward - I guess we will see this implemented in the next release?
Joking of course... ;)

The most efficient way is to use a database for these titles, it requires some work from the initial end user, but it seems like the only 100% effective way to reveal the playlist at the moment, to help users that are not using commercial software players.

Last edited:
Back