• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Installer issues (last two new versions of AnyDVDHD)

ignusfast

During install of the last two versions of AnyDVD HD, I've been getting the following two install errors. AnyDVD HD seems to work after install, but I can't imagine that this is a good thing... :)

I have not otherwise made any system changes; the only security product I'm running is Windows Defender.

Main caveat is that I'm running the Windows 10 preview - but as noted, it's only been the last two versions of AnyDVD HD, which had previously been installed on this OS/system.

anydvdsyserror.pngelbycdiosys_error.png

During install of the last two versions of AnyDVD HD, I've been getting the following two install errors. AnyDVD HD seems to work after install, but I can't imagine that this is a good thing... :)

I have not otherwise made any system changes; the only security product I'm running is Windows Defender.

Main caveat is that I'm running the Windows 10 preview - but as noted, it's only been the last two versions of AnyDVD HD, which had previously been installed on this OS/system.

View attachment 25892View attachment 25893

No, you are only noticing it now because of:
- Change: Installation will fail, if file copy doesn't work
(Previously copy was retried after reboot)

Those two files were updated with a previous AnyDVD (HD) update and some people were having problems because AnyDVD would install, but something on their system wouldn't let those two files update. It would keep the old AnyDVD.sys and ElbyCDIO.sys files. To try and fix that, a "failed install" message is now received if that happens.

Last edited:
No, you are only noticing it now because of:

Those two files were updated with a previous AnyDVD (HD) update and some people were having problems because AnyDVD would install, but something on their system wouldn't let those two files update. It would keep the old AnyDVD.sys and ElbyCDIO.sys files. To try and fix that, a "failed install" message is now received if that happens.

Unfortunately, I'm not sure how to fix it. Complete uninstall/reinstall? I tried rebooting before re-installation, and something apparently already had a hold of those files.

Unfortunately, I'm not sure how to fix it. Complete uninstall/reinstall? I tried rebooting before re-installation, and something apparently already had a hold of those files.

See if you can manually remove those two files, then do an update. You will probably need to Exit AnyDVD before trying. Uninstall/install should work also, just make sure those files are gone before the install.

Last edited:
See if you can manually remove those two files, then do an update. You will probably need to Exit AnyDVD before trying. Uninstall/install should work also, just make sure those files are gone before the install.

Yuck. No-go on AnyDVD uninstall/manual delete - they're being loaded as system drivers. I actually had to delete the registry entries for the service(s), reboot, delete the files, and finally re-install. Should be cleaned up now - I just hope it doesn't happen again with a later release! :)

In any case, thanks for the assist!!!

Yuck. No-go on AnyDVD uninstall/manual delete - they're being loaded as system drivers. I actually had to delete the registry entries for the service(s), reboot, delete the files, and finally re-install. Should be cleaned up now - I just hope it doesn't happen again with a later release! :)

In any case, thanks for the assist!!!

Can you re-install now without the message box?

anydvdHD

Have anyone ever thought about backing up the entire disc cinivia and all most software will not let you back up an entire disc, If you can the player will not know the diffrence, you think

Have anyone ever thought about backing up the entire disc cinivia and all most software will not let you back up an entire disc, If you can the player will not know the diffrence, you think

That is total nonsense. Cinavia is an audio DRM, it does NOT prevent ANY SOFTWARE AT ALL of making a full disc copy. It prevents full movie PLAYBACK and mutes the audio of the player supports cinavia detection. The player very well knows the difference between a retail disc and a backup copy.

You need to do some more research into what cinavia is, what it can and cannot do and how it works.

That being said, I fail to see the relevance of you bringing cinavia up in a topic about ANYDVD SYSTEM DRIVER install issues, cinavia has absolutely nothing to do with it in even the most remote use is that DRM.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 7 met Tapatalk

Last edited:
thanks

That is total nonsense. Cinavia is an audio DRM, it does NOT prevent ANY SOFTWARE AT ALL of making a full disc copy. It prevents full movie PLAYBACK and mutes the audio of the player supports cinavia detection. The player very well knows the difference between a retail disc and a backup copy.

You need to do some more research into what cinavia is, what it can and cannot do and how it works.

That being said, I fail to see the relevance of you bringing cinavia up in a topic about ANYDVD SYSTEM DRIVER install issues, cinavia has absolutely nothing to do with it in even the most remote use is that DRM.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 7 met Tapatalk

Sorry i was just thinking out of the box

Back