• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Installation of AnyDvd kills Dvd and Blu-Ray drives

Tick_tock

When I install AnyDvd HD, and do the required reboot, my disk drives no longer recognize disks and says "Insert a Disk."

If I uninstall AnyDvd, and reboot, the drives work perfectly.

I've posted on the AnyDvd section with no luck, so I thought I'd try here.

I have already:
1. tried every ms Fix-It
2. uninstalled/reinstalled drives
3. updated firmware
4. updated drivers (none)
5. latest edition of AnyDvd HD
6. Deleted upper/lower filters in registry
7. Tried a backed up registry that was known to work
8. manually disconnected the drives to test individually
9. tried in another computer

I have determined that it seems it is:
a. not hardware issue - as the drives/mobo work perfectly without AnyDvd
b. not a registry issue as two other backed up registry files led to same results

Appears to be the installation of AnyDvd causing the issue - possibly the lower filter value of "AnyDvd."

Any thoughts? I have researched this extensively for two days, have read the "risk of being ignored" post, and own AnyDvd HD for 2 comuters, CloneDVD for 2 Computers, Game Jackal, and Clone CD - all lifetime subscriptions - I have used these for approximately 3 or so years or more.

Please HELP!!!!

(Log file attached for both disk drives)

Attachments

• AnyDVD_6.8.9.0_Info_E_10THINGS.zip
    98.4 KB · Views: 3
  • AnyDVD_6.8.9.0_Info_G_10_ITEMS_OR_LESS.zip
    151.6 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
and the reason you are creating YET ANOTHER thread is ?

Because I have not found resolution in the AnyDvd section. Although your clearly not here to help. I'm obviously looking for help. Duh. Am I the only one not getting the warm fuzzies on this forum? To be honest, I was almost afraid to post here in the first place b/c of some of the remarks made that are not conducive to helping.

Last edited:
Because I have not found resolution in the AnyDvd section. Although your clearly not here to help. I'm obviously looking for help. Duh. Am I the only one not getting the warm fuzzies on this forum? To be honest, I was almost afraid to post here in the first place b/c of some of the remarks made that are not conducive to helping.

I'm sorry, I agree, there are a number of people here, who constantly make others feel unwelcome and I can't get behind the reason why some just don't get that it's much more constructive to keep up a friendly attitude.

But I also don't think that there is any help to expect in your specific case. It's like nothing anyone else has ever observed, it's simply a first.

I personally have a feeling that your problem is due to some conflict between the two of your drives (like some unique ID not being so unique and describing both drives at once).

So my first test would be to unplug one of them and see if that improves anything. But there is nothing rational to this, it's just a gut feeling.

...also, considering your log files, there do appear to be some very strange things.
You have an unusual amount of drivers on your system and some don't look too friendly to me:

SiRemFil.sys has been known to cause trouble with AnyDVD in the past. Many have it with no issue at all, others had reported that after removing that driver, their problem(s) went away (no, sorry, I don't remember the specific nature of those problems, I didn't handle those myself).

spui.sys - no version information, no manufacturer, that's a little suspicious.
A google search for that one doesn't reveal any useful information, but it does seem to be mentioned alongside with the term rootkit.

Hello,Peer

I wonder if you would mind looking into my humble case.In a nutshell,if Any is enabled while I'm watching a blu-ray disc (Meaning not an iso in VCD),my system freezes:

http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=49595

Thank you.

PS:

is the fact my player is on IDE mode could be the explanation ?

Last edited:
As a workaround, you can disable AnyDVD to watch or copy either of these two disks as they are protection free.

Looking at this. and Tick Tock's other thread. I think a clean format and reinstall of win7 might help. Or back up the work and use the "system recovery" tool to return the PC to "new" status and start over. Until recently - all was working OK. And yes he tried unplugging a drive in his other thread.

-W

Last edited:
Peer,
I completely agree with you. My gut also tells me that something I have done (?) recently (I had ripped "Conan the Barbarian" with AnyDvd and burned with an updated ImgBurn recently when all was well) made these two drives not like being around. BUT eventually after opening and closing the trays, the other one will go out too, but only with AnyDvd installed.

Also, I did unplug them, had them running by themselves, redid the plugs and wires, used diffrent power connectors, etc. with no luck

The driver thing is a bit over my head, but I'll try to check into it.

And Thank you for your help Peer.

mike_r,
These were just disks I threw in there to get log files. Perhaps, protected discs would have revealed more in the log?

Clams,
Ugh! Hehe

@Tick tock, slysoft peeps & mod's: sry didnt mean to offend you or anyone, just have a lot going. I know it's no excuse to post the replies i have been lately, but for some reason the frustrations i'm having with those irl issues express themselves in the replies. I apologise sincerely and do my best to improve the nature of my replies :)

Registry tweak likely cause

Peer,
I completely agree with you. My gut also tells me that something I have done (?) recently

As we discussed in Support I am convinced that little tool you installed to correct the association error has likely blown up your registry and a fresh install will be required. This behavior is far too bizarre for logical analysis.

Back