• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

install without rebooting?

xxx666

Often I'm told I need to reboot after installing AnyDVD. Is there any way to avoid this? It is really, really, really annoying.

Thanks.

Often I'm told I need to reboot after installing AnyDVD. Is there any way to avoid this? It is really, really, really annoying.

Thanks.

Don't reboot when it tells you to. Just don't try to backup any movies until you have rebotted your machine or shut it off.

If you have a problem with time look into getting kid of some of the things in your startup, that speeded it up for me.

If you don't reboot you chance of a good backup are going to drop.:bang:

You can disable all your bd/dvd/cdrom drive's direct parent devices in device manager, stop/start ElbyCDIO driver and then restart all devices again.

BUT if you don't know what I'm talking about then don't do it.

You can disable all your bd/dvd/cdrom drive's direct parent devices in device manager, stop/start ElbyCDIO driver and then restart all devices again.

BUT if you don't know what I'm talking about then don't do it.

You can use the "devcon.exe" utility from Microsoft to do this. Download it, then type

devcon.exe disable gencdrom

followed by

devcon.exe enable gencdrom

Don't update until the end of the night, when you boot up the next day you'll be all set. Not all Anydvd's updates need rebooting, but if it tells you to, then you need to.

You can use the "devcon.exe" utility from Microsoft to do this. Download it, then type

followed by

And, of course, anyone who uses devcon better damn well know what they are doing. Any screw ups are their own responsibility!

followed by

James, I will definitely try this next time. Thanks very much.

To the others that kindly suggested I just reboot. As I said, it's very inconvenient. I have apps running that can't save state (X11 programs running on remote hosts displaying on my PC). If I have to reboot more than once a month, I am not a happy camper.

Back